Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Cup (new league idea?!)

Hey everybody,

I've had this idea for quite some time now, figured to give it a shot at looking what other ppl think about it...

TW Cup, a new "league" but it actually isn't a real league.
    Football fans(soccer for all u americans) might know what I mean just by looking at the name TW CUP.

The idea is simple, its a knock-out league with 16, 32, or even 64 or 128 teams participating. My idea is that it will end up in 32, but thats not relevant right now.

First you have 1/16th finals then 1/8th then 1/4th then semi's and eventually finals. There will TW cup for 3 leagues:
    TWCUP-duel TWCUP-jav TWCUP-basing

The winner will of course be the first and defending TW Cup champion, but maybe we can add a prize to it: auto qualification for next TWL in the league you won your TWCUP at...

So for example: stray wins TWCUP-duel, they get to participate in TWLD the upcomming season

Its just a thought of a quick-fast competative league with a purose (TWL Qualification) and it might keep squads around longer during off-season

Gimme some feedback on it, and if ppl actually like it, who would like to help me out with this idae?
    Trench Wars Moderator
    TW Gallery Admin
    TWEL Operator
    aka ronaldo

Good idea, this gives "non-stop" players goal for off-season. I like the Prize of Auto-qualification for next twl. This could be done few 2/3 times on off-season so it would be even harder to qualify just before twl. So newbsquads like plade wouldnt get in

Anyways i like the idea! Pick 16/32 from twd ladder?
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

How many fluid ounces will it hold? :santa:
      1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
      1: oar> yeah
      1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
      1: hed> and after dinner
      1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
      7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
      3: Nimesh> my sis does
      3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

I like it
        (ducci)>I want you to know, you should take no pride in this victory, but more like just laugh cuz u just raped us

Comment

This is a terrible idea, the whole reason why TWL is even somewhat considered "elite" is due to the fact that such a large tournament is only hosted once a year in this Zone. By adding more tournaments you are just lessening the attention of winning TWL and therefore killing the game. Just like I used to care about the Olympics more back when it was 4 years between instead of 2, now it is fairly crappy. Trust me when it comes to matters on this game, because I am for the most part always right.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

it would be more interesting if we expanded on this idea.

like for instance, said teams will not be narrowed down to specifics like WB matches, Jav matches, or Basing matches, but they need to compete in ALL WBM, JM, and BMs and if they are in the top 5 in all aspects the boards, they are in TWL by default. This goes for any other teams that are in the top 5. It would make it a bit more interesting, so there's not just ONE team entering the TWL by default.

Why would this be a good idea?
            Gives the crappy squads a hope to join TWL, it will bring out new players, new all-stars, new pros, and new good players to the spotlight. It will make the lower-ranked squads feel more important and will want to actually try something.
            I think it would be fair that if you are in the top 5 best squads for TWD you are exempt from the "TW Cup", leaving it a "noob league"

Why would this be a bad idea?
            It creates a seperation between good squads and bad squads, it may start fights between them (but thats the whole point of TW right? lol ), and some squads that are really good might derate their TWD ratings just to play in the "TW Cup", and have an almost sure-fire spot in TWL.

Comment

so what this thread means to me is

some noob is pissed he doesn't have the skill to join a TWL squad and wants a way to lame lower tiered squads in an effort to limp on in like a wildcard football team (thats not soccer for you stupid euro posters)
              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
              (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

I like the idea...
                only thing needed is a script that can draw the teams
                I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  This is a terrible idea, the whole reason why TWL is even somewhat considered "elite" is due to the fact that such a large tournament is only hosted once a year in this Zone. By adding more tournaments you are just lessening the attention of winning TWL and therefore killing the game. Just like I used to care about the Olympics more back when it was 4 years between instead of 2, now it is fairly crappy. Trust me when it comes to matters on this game, because I am for the most part always right.
                  He has a point you know
                  9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                  9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                  9:Basti> sure
                  9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                  9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                  9:Basti> i'll score
                  9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                  9:Basti> and take the flag
                  9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                  9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

wtf
                    wtf
                    wtf

how is one team, who yall say is going to "limp" into the field, going to ruin the tournament for you? Assuming you qualify via the twd ladder, why would you be afraid of playing a team that won a tourny? According to your argument, they'll suck b/c they qualified by winning a tournament (something that requires an unbeaten streak of several games) which doesn't make any sense seeing as how they'd go undefeated agaisnt several ranks of teams...

By adding more tournaments you are just lessening the attention of winning TWL and therefore killing the game
                    are you fucking serious? the whole point of the tournament is to gain entrence into TWL so how is that lessening the attention? are you fucking serious?

Just like I used to care about the Olympics more back when it was 4 years between instead of 2, now it is fairly crappy.
                    the olympics are still 4 years between, they just offset the winter/summer 2 yrs. since they don't compete against each other, this doesn't really fit into your arguement although the olympics are excruiatingly boring nowadays

and btw, i wouldn't consider the twl tournament leet because it is hosted once a year, it's leet because of the competition and the title at stake. And you're forgetting that in all likelihood, the squad that wins the cup/tournament will probably already be qualified via the ladder to play in twl. that is unless you haven't played enough games for your squad to stay on the ladder...

this is kind of like saying that the winner of the NIT wouldn't be able to compete with any of the teams that qualify for the NCAA (although some of those teams get in from winning tournies...)
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

screw the twl qualifying idea, this would be kinda neat in some sort of quick 3v3 format

small arenas and such. keep it fast.

maybe go the twsd route of having a game end with a kill target instead of deaths... maybe not. just be a spawn/suicide fest... which is all twdd is anyways sometimes

but oh well

i like the large tournament type thing, but i think a fast paced 3v3 thing would be neat. would allow for activity not needing as many people, as well as subs. maybe 2 subs instead of 1. 3v3 wiht 2 subs

yeahhh

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

TW-Cup is too much for me...
                        A nice B or C cup is sufficient..
                        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

This is a great idea I think instead of making it a big cup for lots of newer squads to try and grab the auto qualification, which will also destroy the value of TWL like Kthx said, it should be small and for only the bigger squads just to keep them active during the off season. This way it wont steal the thunder from TWL and it will add a bit of competetiveness between the top squads.

Comment

I like zeebu's idea.
                            (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                            8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

I have an alternative idea, how about there is a TWL-plate competition? this would be say, the next 12 top teams on the twd ladder (12-24) who didnt make the twl qualification and they have their own twl style league, or just a tournament between them. Im sure this would make newer squads/players feel like they have something to play for after they've missed out on twl and it would keep tw more competitive. So you'd have TWL champions and the TWL plate champions (obviously less important, but still a nice idea), I like it....anyone else?
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X