A few Q/A suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Q/A suggestions

I may be able to write up the actual post for some of these, but wanted to list them before I forget. So for now, here are some ideas...

Answers to these may be found *somewhere*.. but at one point or another, I've had a hard time finding the answer and was disappointed to see the empty FAQ thread.

Q: How do I play in Trench Wars (pub)
    Yes, some people need to know the point is to take the flag and that it is typically done by having a Base Terrier (ship #5 aka "BT") that all other teammates attach to. Some people WILL laugh at you for asking what "BT" stands for in pub, so perhaps if it's here in the 'how do I play?' FAQ, they can avoid the embarrassment. Other good acronyms to list (some of which I was made fun of for asking back in the day -- damn my memory is good when it comes to some things): flag room (fr), teamkill (tk), ffs (for f****s sake). And any more necessary lingo to play the game :grin: Might be good to have these basics in the Tutorial arena too, once it's done. Also, new players may shy away from public arenas with levis, so let them know they can ?arena and go to a different public arena. Some new players dont even know about the ?arena command and that's bad in the trenchies.

Q: How do I participate in javduel/wbduel/base
    Mention that one can do a ?help please start <game>, and perhaps that you should say 'I'll get staff to start' or something so ?help is not spammed by every player? I seriously never thought bugging staff was a polite thing to do until I was a ZH... I used to wait :blushing: Could also cover 'why am I never picked?'. I was once told.. squad members, those with banners, those who appear to be more advanced players get picked first. I also know for a fact that off-peak hours when population is low, greatly increases your chances. Once people start to get to know you, then your chances go up during peak hours. Could also cover how to be a cap, so newer players can learn how to cap and get in the game for sure. It's hard to learn when you have to BE cap to see cap commands, while pro basers are screaming at your inability to be a cap.

Q: How do you set and use macros?
    For beginners, what are macros for, how to use the Continuum GUI to set macros and how to set macros in-game. For advanced users/ZHs/ERs, cover ?loadmacro and ?savemacro, how to share and "install" or use a .mac file.

Q: What are all these bots for?
    Describe the various pub bots and how users can use them.

Q: I'm a map/tile/graphics/java developer, how can I contribute?
    It was hard for me to figure out who the right person was to talk to and how to go about getting into bot dev. Even some people I talked to who I found listed on the trench wars Staff page or on twcore, couldn't fully help me or point me in the right direction (though all were friendly). Confusion is mostly caused by the many dev members/leaders I think. If I wanted to create an event/arena, do I go to the event coordinator? head of map dev? bot dev? Fortunately, I'm a pretty determined little shit and I think I've talked to them all. And maybe we dont want developers that arent that motivated? But then again, we want more toys right? *g*

Q: I do graphics and/or sound and/or code, how can I learn how to develop arenas/events/bots/etc for Subspace?
    Point them to good tutorial/download sites. One collective of 'here get the server, here set it up, here get a map editor, etc etc' would make things easy and maybe inspire new developers to get started.

More later I'm sure.

MAX THREE SMILIES ALLOWED IN ONE POST? wtf! You are stripping me of my HAPPY personality! (removes 4 emoticons to submit post...)

Originally posted by alinea View Post
    MAX THREE FAIRIES ALLOWED IN ONE POST? wtf!
    ja
    2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
    9:trashed> LOL YOJ
    9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
    9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
    We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

bwahaha nice *g*
      6:Centurion <ZH>> nainainai >_<
      6:Centurion <ZH>> baaaa O_O

Comment

bwahaha nice *g*
        f

Comment

bwahaha nice *g*
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

bwahaha nice *g*
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
            2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
            2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
            2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
            --
            1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
            1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

bwahaha nice *g*

supplying smilies for your next couple of posts
              ?find dads revenge

Comment

Give the guy a break, I HOPE YOU ALL GET BANNED.

Shawshank redemption is the best movie ever.

Comment

Working...
                X