Let's Talk About Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
    So your kids have to do this too? Or does that not count as birthright.
    Hey blondie, do have to struggle to be an ignoramus or does it come as natural as your hair color?

/sarcasm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar View Post
      I would be more worried about black projects and intelligence funding. All that probably runs into the billions if not more.
      Common sense dictates that it really can't be that much percentagewise. How much black funding can you realistically have anyway without everyone in the world noticing when you have a budget of over $2.6 trillion?

A gold standard in comparison to Fiat currency seems to me to be limiting and potentially unstable, but again I do not have a lot of knowledge of either. Historically has it not failed (even in the US), and if it were a superior monetary system would not at least one country be using it?
      Best point so far. If the gold standard were so great, if the Fed were so evil, why has every country in the world converted to a system of a central bank and moved away from the gold standard?
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
        Hey blondie, do have to struggle to be an ignoramus or does it come as natural as your hair color?

/sarcasm
        Sometimes I wonder why evolution hasn't weeded out people like you already, but then I realize that without people like you, no one would clean our toilets.

(by the way, I wasn't being sarcastic)

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

You forgot -->:wub:

Comment

Sometimes I wonder why evolution hasn't weeded out people like you already, but then I realize that without people like you, no one would clean our toilets.

I was thinking the same thing about you... what a coincidence!!!
            Nothing like the sight of a dizzy bitch with her ass in the air & her head in my toilet. :greedy::wub:

MB... You're not a true blond by definition... only by intellect.

But your ass would still probably look fine in the air.

Edit:> GO RON PAUL!!!
            Last edited by HeavenSent; 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Gokusen was an awesome show, agreed.

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Gokusen was an awesome show, agreed.
                Dizzy

Comment

You know that the current reason for the fall in the value of the dollar has nothing to do with inflation right? Do you even know what inflation is???

Do you understand that the value of the dollar would drop about 10x more if you reversed to the gold standard? You also realize that wars were fought ALL THE TIME even with the gold standard right?

The reasons for the current problems with the economy have more to do with government mismanagement (which can be corrected as even in the Clinton years there were yearly surpluses) and pure unadulterated belief that unregulated markets know what's best by people like Greenspan which led to financial institutions cheating investors out of money and tricking people who wanted loans which created this subprime mortgage crisis. People like Greenspan mind you, who for years denied there were any problems at all, when various commentators have been publicly saying that major problems would happen if things continued, because of their blind belief in the markets.
                  1.Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency (opposed to deflation).

An increase in the volume of money resulting in the loss of value of currency. Of course I know what inflation is, and it's less likely to happen once the gold standard is established. The gold standard prevents a country from printing too much money. Sure it wouldn't be a smooth transition but after it's been re-established it would be. I also never said war's wouldn't happen with the gold standard, I said they're less likely to happen, which is true. In fact, some nations even abandoned the gold standard just to be able to go to war.

Bottom line is that fiat money requires the government to manage the money it's printing out of thin air closely and it's just not happening right now.
                  1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                  3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                  3:Best> see it coming
                  3:Best> sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                    1.Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency (opposed to deflation).

An increase in the volume of money resulting in the loss of value of currency. Of course I know what inflation is, and it's less likely to happen once the gold standard is established. The gold standard prevents a country from printing too much money. Sure it wouldn't be a smooth transition but after it's been re-established it would be. I also never said war's wouldn't happen with the gold standard, I said they're less likely to happen, which is true. In fact, some nations even abandoned the gold standard just to be able to go to war.

Bottom line is that fiat money requires the government to manage the money it's printing out of thin air closely and it's just not happening right now.
                    All you have to do is take a look at inflation levels with the gold standard, and now without. You'll see that inflation these days is much better controlled than back then, precisely because of the power of the central bank (and yes Greenspan was quite good at using this bank to keep the economy running smoothly). If you don't believe the numbers in my link, look it up yourself and you will see that I am right. Inflation has been much better controlled in the last 20 years then it has ever been in the past period.

So not only does the gold standard have nothing to do with declaring war (because well... it doesn't, the US was involved with plenty of wars before the gold standard was abolished), it also doesn't make inflation easier to control. Not only that, but it will significantly harm the economy as it is now because you're decreasing the value of all US dollars. There is just absolutely no way it can be a good idea.

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

• I'm voting for the guy. It's funny how things have changed in 4 years!
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

• Way to bring up an old thread.

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                          It's a not a non-issue because he's the most talked about on the internet, it's a non-issue because his poll numbers are so low. If there are so many interneters out there supporting him, why aren't they showing up in the polls?
                          ron paul winner in how many straw polls what's up now

Comment

All you have to do is take a look at inflation levels with the gold standard, and now without. You'll see that inflation these days is much better controlled than back then, precisely because of the power of the central bank (and yes Greenspan was quite good at using this bank to keep the economy running smoothly). If you don't believe the numbers in my link, look it up yourself and you will see that I am right. Inflation has been much better controlled in the last 20 years then it has ever been in the past period.

So not only does the gold standard have nothing to do with declaring war (because well... it doesn't, the US was involved with plenty of wars before the gold standard was abolished), it also doesn't make inflation easier to control. Not only that, but it will significantly harm the economy as it is now because you're decreasing the value of all US dollars. There is just absolutely no way it can be a good idea.
                            the dollar is so much stronger than it was 2o years ago print more of that shit! lower interest rates to 0 and give all the banks trillions it will help boost the dollar no wonder epi doesnt want to bring up this thread looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                            X