Prooving 2 divisions for TWLD would work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prooving 2 divisions for TWLD would work

So Exalt raised the point and a few others aswell as myself in another thread that twl/twld should be split up into amateur league and premier league with 8 teams in each league to increase competition and activity throughout the season and there were a few people who disagreed saying it was a good idea but tw doesnt have enough squads to allow for 2 leagues. Here I'm going to proove there ARE enough squads using squads which are currently in the twdd ladder (i know half of these squads probably wont be around next season but there will be equal amounts of others to replace them).

Premier League: (in no order)
    Style
    Stray
    Dice
    Thunder
    Disoblige
    Warpath
    Fistula
    Quicksand

Intermediate League:
    Puma
    Tough
    Build
    Savanger
    Sage
    Forgot
    Gianttiger
    Paladen

Edit: I've added in a 3rd league for squads which exalt posted below...thought it would make it easier to shove them all on one post.

Amateur League:
    STONERZ
    Spastic
    Ossify
    Gladius Illa
    Medieval!!
    Not so Tough
    NC17
    Schoolyard
    Happytrain
    Schmucks
    Lethal Dose

This idea will also decrease regular season time as I know for a fact many people think the regular season is too long and it gives lesser squads the ability to compete in more competitive leagues and the 'vet' squads can't complain about having to ld newb squads for no reason. Surely this solution would make tw's activity increase 100X.
    Any comments/views would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ricko; 12-17-2007, 07:35 PM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    So Exalt raised the point and a few others aswell as myself in another thread that twl/twld should be split up into amateur league and premier league with 8 teams in each league to increase competition and activity throughout the season and there were a few people who disagreed saying it was a good idea but tw doesnt have enough squads to allow for 2 leagues. Here I'm going to proove there ARE enough squads using squads which are currently in the twdd ladder (i know half of these squads probably wont be around next season but there will be equal amounts of others to replace them).

Style
    Stray
    Dice
    Thunder
    Disoblige
    Warpath
    Fistula
    Quicksand

Amateur League:
    Puma
    Tough
    Build
    Savanger
    Sage
    Forgot
    Gianttiger
    Paladen

This idea will also decrease regular season time as I know for a fact many people think the regular season is too long and it gives lesser squads the ability to compete in more competitive leagues and the 'vet' squads can't complain about having to ld newb squads for no reason.
    yeah this is a good idea

one more thing that "could" possibly take place too is to make the current amateur league you have there into an intermediate league
    and create a lower lower tier amateur league, for like the brand new squads wanting to get experience in a league structure

here are some squads that could fit that bill, that all have a high amount of games played.. who are active...

STONERZ
    Spastic
    Ossify
    Gladius Illa
    MediEval!!
    Not So Tough
    NC17
    SchoolYard
    HappyTrain
    Schmucks
    Lethal Dose

this is basically a league for farm squads, like everyone is talking about making. Well those Dice jrs, Not so Tough, Diso Jrs etc could all be in this league, and would gain experience being in a league. Personally I think they would take the game more seriously if they had something to compete for like most of us do in TWL.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I like this idea. Having a 3rd tier though may be too much, many more staff would need to be hired for each tier. 2 would be really good though.

Comment

yeah even a 3rd league would be cool, but then there is the problem of getting enough staff to host...but if there is a way to sort this out then 3 leagues would be awesome.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Like I said before, I believe 2 tiers is the way to go. Three would be too much, and I think would discourage competition a little.

I always liked the idea of using football (soccer for you yanks) division-style rankings, where squads can get relegated or promoted.
          dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Style
            Stray
            Dice
            Thunder
            Disoblige
            Warpath
            Fistula
            Quicksand

Intermediate League:
            Puma
            Tough
            Build
            Savanger
            Sage
            Forgot
            Gianttiger
            Paladen

Edit: I've added in a 3rd league for squads which exalt posted below...thought it would make it easier to shove them all on one post.

Amateur League:
            STONERZ
            Spastic
            Ossify
            Gladius Illa
            Medieval!!
            Not so Tough
            NC17
            Schoolyard
            Happytrain
            Schmucks
            Lethal Dose

This idea will also decrease regular season time as I know for a fact many people think the regular season is too long and it gives lesser squads the ability to compete in more competitive leagues and the 'vet' squads can't complain about having to ld newb squads for no reason. Surely this solution would make tw's activity increase 100X.

I like that man. good idea.
            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
            4:Geio> DEEZ?
            4:Geio> LOLOL
            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
            4:spirit> LOL
            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Good idea but where's Wima
              2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

Comment

how are u going to identify which squad belongs to which tier tho?

unless u make it fair.. ppl will complain as usual such as.. why the fuk "squad A" is in top tier and we are not when we beat them in games etc

if this problem can be fixed... this idea could be good
                9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                4:Nimrook> No?
                4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                4:Akuun> ROFL
                4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrook View Post

unless u make it fair.. ppl will complain as usual such as.. why the fuk "squad A" is in top tier and we are not when we beat them in games etc

I'll just pick the squads for premier and amateur for all 3 different leagues since I know most about all 3 leagues since I won all 3 different TWLM's...
                  I'd only be willing to do this if I will be given a fee for doing so and helping the TW community out with such a risk taking matter. Then I will also take responsebillity for all the craptalking we will get from these squads that complain with my uberintellectual and always right to the point swearings to shut them up.
                  TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                  TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                  TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                  First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrook View Post

Make a room with targets to simulate the type of competition for each league.
                    Everyone who wants to be on a team has to qualify.
                    Top tier squads consist of members who've scored 85% or above.
                    Mid tier squads consist of members who've scored 70-84%.
                    Lower tier consist of members who've scored 69% or less.
                    Qualifications can be done monthly to maintain/improve their personal rating to join/stay in squads on the next level. However this doesn't mean squads on the next level are obligated to accept.

Comment

Yep, it will work with 2, maybe 3, but that creates some more problems. Like how many more staff members would be needed for hosting games, etc.

As for who would be in what league, there are quite a few solutions but I'll just throw out a few. If the leagues happen on a more regular basis, like in many other zones, then you could just have every squad start in the lower league (except the first season, that could just be done with the TWL rankings from this season) and the winner of the intermediate league every season moves up into the Pro league, and the team that did the worst in the pro league moves down to the intermediate league. Another solution would be to make use of the TWD system and the top 8 go into pro league, etc. Another solution would be to have TWL ops decide, but after what happened this season that's not really a good idea.

I see this as the best way of changing our current TWL system for the better. Even if you think the current TWL system is in good shape, changing things up a bit to make them interesting again would be very helpful to the zone overall.
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
                        Make a room with targets to simulate the type of competition for each league.
                        Everyone who wants to be on a team has to qualify.
                        Top tier squads consist of members who've scored 85% or above.
                        Mid tier squads consist of members who've scored 70-84%.
                        Lower tier consist of members who've scored 69% or less.
                        Qualifications can be done monthly to maintain/improve their personal rating to join/stay in squads on the next level. However this doesn't mean squads on the next level are obligated to accept.
                        please dont change this into a draft league topic....
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

please dont change this into a draft league topic....
                          It started out as a joke... (re: Luke Skywalker and the floating orb) and lost all humor after I had to walk away to eat dinner... came back and took out the punch lines after losing interest. Thought I'd just throw it out there to see the responses (if any). :death:

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                            Yep, it will work with 2, maybe 3, but that creates some more problems. Like how many more staff members would be needed for hosting games, etc.

As for who would be in what league, there are quite a few solutions but I'll just throw out a few. If the leagues happen on a more regular basis, like in many other zones, then you could just have every squad start in the lower league (except the first season, that could just be done with the TWL rankings from this season) and the winner of the intermediate league every season moves up into the Pro league, and the team that did the worst in the pro league moves down to the intermediate league. Another solution would be to make use of the TWD system and the top 8 go into pro league, etc. Another solution would be to have TWL ops decide, but after what happened this season that's not really a good idea.

I see this as the best way of changing our current TWL system for the better. Even if you think the current TWL system is in good shape, changing things up a bit to make them interesting again would be very helpful to the zone overall.
                            agreed
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

i wont support using TWD ranking to determine the people in pro league etc. Cause it will just end up having the same problem in TWL, squads abuse newer squads to obtain points and refuse to play better squads..

if some of these squads who are not even capable of being competitive against the top tier squads in the same tier.. it will make top tier squads lose interest just like how TWL became

let me bring up a suggestion. how about we invite the squads in TWL playoff this season in the top tier league. If spots are open, then we will have a mini tourny to have squads play vs each other to see who are worthy enough to fill those spots
                              9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                              4:Nimrook> No?
                              4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                              4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                              4:Akuun> ROFL
                              4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                              4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                              4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Working...
                              X