No announcement yet.

Prooving 2 divisions for TWLD would work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should definately start the lower league tiers a few weeks b4 the main league (say 4 weeks). what could be really cool then is, if, since amateur league ends b4 the pro league, each pro squads can draft one or two people who they think do well in the amateur league to play for them in season and playoffs! farm farm farm
    TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Maaaaan, post after post this sounds even better idea. I`d like to see this happen next season. Now the new ppl has a reason to stay in the zone and game.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

TWLD Pro, Amateur and Beginner

Yea man this sounds like an awesome idea. Many new players will get to experience the feel of TWLD (to some extent)
        I like this, I vote yes lol
        1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
        1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

This doesn't necessarily have to be limited to TWLD.

But yeah, relegation/promotion like I said (and Reaver) would make this cool. Maybe the first season, everyone starts in 'Low' tier, and the top 8 go to 'Pro/better name' etc., then the three/two leagues continue from there.
          dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

This would only work if staff were to pick the first pro league and let the rest of the squads battle it out on twd for the intermediate league. Then, at the end of intermediate league, make the 2 squads that made the finals eligible to play in the pro league, and bump the 2 worst squads back to having to compete to play in twd.

the only question left unanswered is what to do when a squad in the pro league dissolves. My immediate answer would be to give them forfeits for the rest of the season and not replace them until the next season.
            -Dave

Comment

Selection procedure

You don't really have to pick 'random'.

Upper tier can be filled with (the best) squads from the last TWL season played and which are still alive. You might have some empty spots because of dissolved squads, no problem. All other / new squads start in the lower tier.

If you start the first TWL that has an upper and lower tier, you begin with the lower tier competition.The amount of squads in the lower tier should be based on the amount of active squads in that division. After that competition is done, you will get a 'top X squads of the lower tier'. You could use that 'top x squads' to fill up the empty spots of the upper tier.

In other words: by starting the upper tier league AFTER the lower tear league, you won't have any problems with selecting and or replacing the squads in upper tier in case of disqualifications, dissolvings. If someone drops out of upper tier league, you can use a squad according to 'lower tier ending ranks' to replace a squad.

Ps: at this moment I wouldn't do 3 leagues. Just increase the amount of squads in lower tier if neccessary. Perhaps the lower league could be a practise field for upcoming refs.
              Pps: you could take a month break after the lower tier league until the higher tier league starts.
              Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
              Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
              Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
              Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

Jesus christ how many times are we going to say the same thing
                dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Originally posted by Lag.Com View Post
                  Jesus christ how many times are we going to say the same thing
                  until something happens

edit:

good idea. i think the 2 league structure would be best. i also agree that using twd rankings for invites is dumb. just have a group of knowledgable staff/non staff that can discuss who to invite.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

good idea, but premier league should be 4 or 6 squads
                    2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                    2:renzi> lol no
                    2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Lag.Com View Post
                      This doesn't necessarily have to be limited to TWLD.

But yeah, relegation/promotion like I said (and Reaver) would make this cool. Maybe the first season, everyone starts in 'Low' tier, and the top 8 go to 'Pro/better name' etc., then the three/two leagues continue from there.
                      Yea, this is possible in TWLD and TWLJ at least.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

NC17, Lethal dose, for Premiere league!
                        RaCka> how can i get you here
                        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Evul Fly View Post
                          good idea, but premier league should be 4 or 6 squads
                          Yea since Pandora owns everyone in LB. It's too much for LB, it's useless when you know Pandora will win every game easily.
                          Major Crisis

Comment

I think this is an interesting idea. Now whos going to code everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                              go get em luck
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                              4:Geio> DEEZ?
                              4:Geio> LOLOL
                              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                              4:spirit> LOL
                              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                                Edit: I don't think there needs to be done alot of coding, you already have Eastern and Western conferences, just rename them to Premier and Intermediate.

Originally posted by nimrook
                                i wont support using TWD ranking to determine the people in pro league etc. Cause it will just end up having the same problem in TWL, squads abuse newer squads to obtain points and refuse to play better squads..

if some of these squads who are not even capable of being competitive against the top tier squads in the same tier.. it will make top tier squads lose interest just like how TWL became

let me bring up a suggestion. how about we invite the squads in TWL playoff this season in the top tier league. If spots are open, then we will have a mini tourny to have squads play vs each other to see who are worthy enough to fill those spots
                                The TWD ladder system is not flawless but it still gives a general idea on who to pick to TWL.

Originally posted by jones
                                I would like to change this to a bit more simple. Choose the top 16 squads from each division and split them into two groups; Higher Tier and Lower Tier. Since most 'vet's' seem so displeased with the whole "have to re-qualify" I believe the two best squads from past seasons should get an auto-invite.
                                This is what I wrote in another thread, I disregarded the Amateur League because I don't think we need that...

However, the top 8 squads on the ladder would move into premier and the other 8 to intermediate and there we have a twl season, shorter than the current one since there are only 8 squads.

When choosing squads for the league though, there should be a strict policy that twl op's follow. Basically they would have to check past games and roster, see if the captain is "suitable", ie. not a past cheater or known for dissolving. As strict as the system may be, one squad should not be able to participate in premier even if they have played against premier-level squads, they need to win alot of their games too. Intermediate doesn't need to be so strict since I don't expect the 15-16th positions are in danger anymore.

The goal of an Intermediate squad is to get to Premier, the league for them is to just keep the squads and it's members entertained.
                                Last edited by Jones; 12-20-2007, 10:34 AM.
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X