No announcement yet.

Prooving 2 divisions for TWLD would work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hooray for me and exalt promoting this idea! I really do see this as the best way forward. (I still prefer 3 tiers to 2 tiers).
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
      So Exalt raised the point and a few others aswell as myself in another thread that twl/twld should be split up into amateur league and premier league with 8 teams in each league to increase competition and activity throughout the season and there were a few people who disagreed saying it was a good idea but tw doesnt have enough squads to allow for 2 leagues. Here I'm going to proove there ARE enough squads using squads which are currently in the twdd ladder (i know half of these squads probably wont be around next season but there will be equal amounts of others to replace them).

Premier League: (in no order)
      Style
      Stray
      Dice
      Thunder
      Disoblige
      Warpath
      Fistula
      Quicksand

Intermediate League:
      Puma
      Tough
      Build
      Savanger
      Sage
      Forgot
      Gianttiger
      Paladen

Edit: I've added in a 3rd league for squads which exalt posted below...thought it would make it easier to shove them all on one post.

Amateur League:
      STONERZ
      Spastic
      Ossify
      Gladius Illa
      Medieval!!
      Not so Tough
      NC17
      Schoolyard
      Happytrain
      Schmucks
      Lethal Dose

This idea will also decrease regular season time as I know for a fact many people think the regular season is too long and it gives lesser squads the ability to compete in more competitive leagues and the 'vet' squads can't complain about having to ld newb squads for no reason. Surely this solution would make tw's activity increase 100X.
      Any comments/views would be greatly appreciated.

Im pretty sure sure Paladen is above "Intermediate" status! :P .. Any way, this is a great idea! I don't agree with 3 teirs. Two tiers would be suitable. I don't think basing would have enough squads for two leagues though.

Also, I submitted a completed league idea, TWLDM, to the riistar. Has anyone from staff received it?
      Last edited by Dethdefire; 12-30-2007, 05:05 PM.
      Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

Originally posted by Dethdefire View Post
        Im pretty sure sure Paladen is above "Intermediate" status!
        sorry no
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

if u cant spell proving right how do u expect to make 2 divisions works? lol`

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
            if u cant spell proving right how do u expect to make 2 divisions works? lol`
            i thought i was the only one that caught that

edit: good idea though
            Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
            1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
            Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
            caco <ER>> )Oo
            caco <ER>> bot thief!
            caco <ER>> duel me for it
            Evasive <E> no!
            Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTang420 View Post
              i thought i was the only one that caught that

edit: good idea though
              yea its a good idea, just HAD to poke fun on the typo

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                sorry no

Lies! All lies!!
                Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

this is a horrible idea because the intermediate squads will just become third tier squads. all the vets from the intermediate squads want to have fun, but they wouldn't play a league just to win an "intermediate" championship, they'd want to win at the premier level unless they're inactive. Therefore, the absence of equal opportunity triggers a problem because the active and better players on the intermediate squads are going to leave to join premier squads....leaving again, one good league, and two shitty tier-leagues....and the intermediate-level wouldn't be so "intermediate", it'd be horrendous...and this is assuming that even squads like Tough, Paladen, Build decide to go along with it even as their better players leave.

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
                    this is a horrible idea because the intermediate squads will just become third tier squads. all the vets from the intermediate squads want to have fun, but they wouldn't play a league just to win an "intermediate" championship, they'd want to win at the premier level unless they're inactive. Therefore, the absence of equal opportunity triggers a problem because the active and better players on the intermediate squads are going to leave to join premier squads....leaving again, one good league, and two shitty tier-leagues....and the intermediate-level wouldn't be so "intermediate", it'd be horrendous...and this is assuming that even squads like Tough, Paladen, Build decide to go along with it even as their better players leave.
                    I very much doubt the top premier squads would recruit the best 'intermediate' squad members as their rosters are already full.
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I very much doubt the top premier squads would recruit the best 'intermediate' squad members as their rosters are already full.
                      and yet, we see it happen all the time.

Comment

bada bump ^
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Looking at this TWL, with all the squads dropping out like flies and the poor average skill-level in all 3 leagues, I came to the conclusion that 2 divisions would never work for TWL. I don't see how adding more squads, divided in two divisions, will cause less squad dropouts or increase the average skill-level.
                          Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                          Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                          Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                          Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

Alright, let's take it from the top.

First off, you gotta understand why squads drop out of TWL. Activity and squad morale are probably two of the biggest factors. Take any squad that's lost every game they've played in in any TWL and you've essentially got a squad that's probably on the verge of dropping out of TWL or even dissolving. Obviously it's not guaranteed but you see what I'm getting at. Squads that get raped in TWL lose members because some people can't handle losing, or at the very least they can't handle losing 50-25 or 15:00-1:00 or whatever. You've also got people that jump ship when their squad starts getting raped and so the people go join another squad with hopefully better chances. When you take a league and you start to sort it so that people around the same skill level play each other, you have fewer blowout games where squads go 50-25 and you have more even matches, and so you have squads that previously would have gone 0-10 are now 4-6 or whatever. With this in mind, you have squads losing fewer people, so you have fewer squads dropping out.

Closer matches, even if it's two bad squads playing are more interesting to watch than a good squad pounding a bad squad. Take the Dice vs Syndicate match last season in LD, sure it was a final so there were tons of people in there (200+ iirc) but even if that wouldn't of been a final I guarantee you more people would have come to watch because it ended 50-48 and for parts of that end it was tied around 46-46. It was a close match, you have two squads that were similar in skill and the score showed that. Now who doesn't want more of these matches?

So let's review. A system with fewer (but still some) dropouts than the system we have now, a system with more matches where scores are close and more exciting, and a system where people who are much better don't have to waste their time playing squads that for the most part, shouldn't even be in TWL. Yet you get to keep those newer squads in TWL, by allowing them to play in the lower tier with other squads around the same skill level. So you're still bringing in new talent that needs to be developed but you're also not boring experienced people to tears. Win win for both parties.
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

So Exalt raised the point and a few others aswell as myself in another thread that twl/twld should be split up into amateur league and premier league with 8 teams in each league to increase competition and activity throughout the season and there were a few people who disagreed saying it was a good idea but tw doesnt have enough squads to allow for 2 leagues. Here I'm going to proove there ARE enough squads using squads which are currently in the twdd ladder (i know half of these squads probably wont be around next season but there will be equal amounts of others to replace them).
                              Great Idea.....
                              OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                                Alright, let's take it from the top.

First off, you gotta understand why squads drop out of TWL. Activity and squad morale are probably two of the biggest factors. Take any squad that's lost every game they've played in in any TWL and you've essentially got a squad that's probably on the verge of dropping out of TWL or even dissolving. Obviously it's not guaranteed but you see what I'm getting at. Squads that get raped in TWL lose members because some people can't handle losing, or at the very least they can't handle losing 50-25 or 15:00-1:00 or whatever. You've also got people that jump ship when their squad starts getting raped and so the people go join another squad with hopefully better chances. When you take a league and you start to sort it so that people around the same skill level play each other, you have fewer blowout games where squads go 50-25 and you have more even matches, and so you have squads that previously would have gone 0-10 are now 4-6 or whatever. With this in mind, you have squads losing fewer people, so you have fewer squads dropping out.

Closer matches, even if it's two bad squads playing are more interesting to watch than a good squad pounding a bad squad. Take the Dice vs Syndicate match last season in LD, sure it was a final so there were tons of people in there (200+ iirc) but even if that wouldn't of been a final I guarantee you more people would have come to watch because it ended 50-48 and for parts of that end it was tied around 46-46. It was a close match, you have two squads that were similar in skill and the score showed that. Now who doesn't want more of these matches?

So let's review. A system with fewer (but still some) dropouts than the system we have now, a system with more matches where scores are close and more exciting, and a system where people who are much better don't have to waste their time playing squads that for the most part, shouldn't even be in TWL. Yet you get to keep those newer squads in TWL, by allowing them to play in the lower tier with other squads around the same skill level. So you're still bringing in new talent that needs to be developed but you're also not boring experienced people to tears. Win win for both parties.
                                good post reaver
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X