PSP Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP Games

So I have 4 right now, but i'll be heading on Vacation at the end of February and it would probably be smart to pick one up. I thought of Final Fantasy Tactics but Dame told me it's basically the exact same, and thus probably not worth the money since I own it already. Any recomendations?
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

What kind of newb doesn't download games for PSP

Comment

Well, I bought a psp only to play LocoRoco so that gets my recommendation, really a fun game, although I guess every psp owner has it already. Lumines is another great game if you're into puzzles at all.

Then there's also a new game coming out at the end of february from the same people who are responsible for LocoRoco and it's called Patapon. I'm personally really looking forward to it so I guess you could check out some videos and see if it manages to grab your interest at all, from what I've heard they're planning on selling it for something around $20 at release so that's pretty cool.

Oh yeah and since you said you considered Final Fantasy tactics you should probably check out Jeanne D'Arc if you haven't already, haven't played it myself but apparently those who have really like it.
      sigpic
      What is even the elblow?

Comment

all I have for the PSP are Final Fantasy I and II, a massive Sega collection and Worms 3d

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Gameboy Advanced > PSP

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
            So I have 4 right now, but i'll be heading on Vacation at the end of February and it would probably be smart to pick one up. I thought of Final Fantasy Tactics but Dame told me it's basically the exact same, and thus probably not worth the money since I own it already.
            Depending on how long ago it has been since you last played FFT and on top of that, were your memories good or bad? If it's been a long while and you remember loving the game, the PSP version will be a fun, portable version that's perfect for the system. But, in the end, you might still have your totally understandable reasons for not getting it, so I offer 2 alternatives in the same vein.

"Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness" (Japanese, Tactical RPG)
            "Jeanne D'Arc" (European, Tactical RPG)

The former is one of those obsessive level-grind fests with a "Pokemon" style monster stealing function. It's pretty much like the "Dynasty" mode for Madden for the guy who wants to take over the world. The casual gamer need not apply.

The latter is an interesting take on the Joan of Arc story with, of course, demons and shit. Don't let it fool you though, solid gameplay and not something you need to obsess over to get somewhere, like Disgaea.

Other standout titles include...

Tekken: Dark Resurrection (Fighting)
            Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Fighting, Japanese Import)
            Need for Speed: Carbon "Own the City" (Arcade Racing)
            Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (Puzzle, RPG)
            Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ (Stealth Action)
            Metal Gear Acid 2 (Card-Based, Stealth-Action, Tactical)
            Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (Traditional RPG)
            Burnout Legends (Arcade Racing)

If you could only check out one game here, I'd say, for you, it'd be Puzzle Quest. It's a simple puzzle game like Bejeweled. Line up 3 or more of the same "symbol" to knock them out and then some more pieces drop to fill in the board. The catch is you go back and forth taking out the symbols to build your own mana (magic gems), attack (skulls), gain money (gold coins), and experience (purple stars). You can use your magic abilities to inflict damage or change the board in different ways depending on your class.

Upgrade your guy with equipment and do it out like a traditional RPG, but the battle system is very refreshing and fun that gives you little penalty for losing. My favorite version is the Nintendo DS version, but the PSP version is the next best.
            DELETED

Comment

two reviews for this joan of arc game, i'm going to rent it and see what I think. I loved FFT but i've done everything there is to do, so i question the worth of buying it again.

Comment

Try the Joan, I think you might like it. It's tactical .. and VERY, VERY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE! Like the battle where Joan of Arc fought the Lizardmen of Satan .. I loved that chapter in history class.
                DELETED

Comment

Dracula X Chronicles!
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

Haven't played it, but how is the Dungeons and Dragons game on the PSP? I saw it in the stores the other day and those kind of games make me want to buy a handheld. Golden Sun on the GBA was nice (except for the insanely dumbass convos) but a little bit too kiddy and linear.
                    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

does anyone want to buy my psp with a 4 gig (i think) memory stick and two games?
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Desire View Post
                        Lumines is another great game if you're into puzzles at all.
                        If you like puzzley tetrisey stuff then Lumines is worth a shot. It's the only PSP game I played for more than a week, (played it for a year+) it's that good if you get into it.

Comment

only psp game im waitin for is crisis core Final Fantasy VII, 28 days to go
                          Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                          oNe-t> YEAH
                          nopcode> before going out
                          funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

so I rented Joan of Arc and Dungeons and Dragons tactics, I've only played Joan so far, but I really like it. Something is just funny about getting called a frog, and the fact that Joan is completely insane. It kinda feels like the game is almost over though, even though I just started. The world map isn't that big, and i've covered at leats a third of it. You have way to many characters (i have 10 right now, considering you can't use 10 I don't see the point in time, half of them ride the pine).

Comment

I'll be heading to Florida in early March and I wouldn't mind picking up some psp games as well, the thing is that besides KillZone I really haven't found anything that has sparked my interest.

I'm beginning to think I should just sell it, UMD's are expensive and transferring video is long and painful, it also doesn't help that I have a 1 gig stick.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                              X