No announcement yet.

Season in recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does this guy get his sources? He must know something the entire roster of QS does not! :fear:
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I'm impressed actually
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I dont know what im more surprised with, izor having valid points, or me agreeing to them.

I think overall twl season was a wreck, Then the finale was allowing a banned player to play, which granted he may have not cheated, but why allow him to come back and take a chance to. That being said this years twld winner Dele lol...Everyone else loses
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
          I dont know what im more surprised with, izor having valid points, or me agreeing to them.

I think overall twl season was a wreck, Then the finale was allowing a banned player to play, which granted he may have not cheated, but why allow him to come back and take a chance to. That being said this years twld winner Dele lol...Everyone else loses
          what chance of him cheating was there? seriously, there were 100+ people watching him, including mods. and if he had cheated, we would have been dqed.
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

That is not the point pascone. The point Izor and other are trying to make is that delectable would have never EVER been allowed to play had it not been for the fact that YOU pascone TWL Op and well respected TW staff member happened to be his squad captain. You HAVE to see how bad that looks. That is pure and simple staff corruption and you fucking know it.

Now lets see, how do I think Stray would have faired if dele was not playing....

1st round.

Stray Wins. 50-47

Delectable 15-9

Deluge 6-10 (lol)

2nd round.

Stray wins. 50-36

Delectable 16-5

Deluge 8-10 (poor lugey)

If you ask me I smell a Thunder win in round 1 minus delectable. Round 2 maybe not so much but still without dele who wudda gone 16-5 for u? And carry shitty ass Deluge both times?

Maybe Thunder should have been celebrating a title instead of wondering how it might have went without staff corruption?

HOWEVER 2 BE FAIR!!! When I say staff corruption I am not soley pointing my finger at pascone. That would not be right. To his credit, Rudy is mostly to blame for the delectable thing seeing as HE was the one who ALLOWED delectable to play in this match. For some unknown reason. (I dunno maybe pascone knows)
            Last edited by Kid Kaos; 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM.
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

For the sake of a lack of conflict, I think it would've been a much settling decision amongst the community of players if we didn't allow this to happen in the first place. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to have an opinion on the matter. Too many unsettling factors come into play, mainly that pascone initiated his allowance to return to TW to play in his squad's TWL game, and that we (tw staff) are giving favours to a player who has had a history of being repeatedly banned from the zone already.

I think its for the best that we try to maintain what little sort of professionalism we have going for TWL, and that means no tolerance for this kind of thing to happen, ever. I think its wise that TWL-ops remain squadless and independent from any TWL participating squad for this very reason. Our community has no idea what is going on behind the curtains of staff operations, so even if we say we have no bias to a certain issue, it is vital that we construe impartial reasoning behind critical league affecting decisions, and that begins from the foundation. How can the community trust someone who is in charge of the league, yet his decisions consistently push for his own squad's interests?
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

Well you have a history of people who arent professional at all running the league...what do you expect? I have never understood how pascone got in the position in the first place honestly. makes no sense to me
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

what chance of him cheating was there? seriously, there were 100+ people watching him, including mods. and if he had cheated, we would have been dqed.
                  It's happened before many times and it'll probably happen many more times.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Stray didn't win TWLD. Or they should put an asterisk next to their name on any list made for winning squads. Put a footnote of "Had to pull some strings and bend the rules to get a banned hacker to come in and carry the team to win TWLD."

Izor said it perfectly. If Quicksand was in the final, you guys wouldn't unban Izor, Kthx, or any other squad even, for the final match.
                    DELETED

Comment

things were a lot less complex when izor didn't really make sense and just trolled nonstop. now that he's making valid points my brain is starting to hurt. halp.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

would it have made a difference if mega newbie or deluge asked instead of me? i'd probably still get blamed for it.

i really don't think we needed delectable to win the game anyway, but this has already been beaten to death
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                          would it have made a difference if mega newbie or deluge asked instead of me?
                          No, still wrong. And it's being beaten to death for a very valid reason. And trying to downplay it like it's nothing is offensive to our intellect.
                          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                            For the sake of a lack of conflict, I think it would've been a much settling decision amongst the community of players if we didn't allow this to happen in the first place. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to have an opinion on the matter. Too many unsettling factors come into play, mainly that pascone initiated his allowance to return to TW to play in his squad's TWL game, and that we (tw staff) are giving favours to a player who has had a history of being repeatedly banned from the zone already.

I think its for the best that we try to maintain what little sort of professionalism we have going for TWL, and that means no tolerance for this kind of thing to happen, ever. I think its wise that TWL-ops remain squadless and independent from any TWL participating squad for this very reason. Our community has no idea what is going on behind the curtains of staff operations, so even if we say we have no bias to a certain issue, it is vital that we construe impartial reasoning behind critical league affecting decisions, and that begins from the foundation. How can the community trust someone who is in charge of the league, yet his decisions consistently push for his own squad's interests?
                            before i read this and just saw kims name i was like, not again, another high staffer explaining away a bad move by saying it was justified somehow

but then i read it and Kim basically said it was a bad move, and should not have happened, and stated how twl ops should not be in twl squads so they cannot create conflicts of interest

I say good post Kim

on a side note, the whole excuse about delectable's roommate being the cheater and not him personally and all of that nonsense, well ill put it bluntly:

delectable lives with his mom...
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
                              LOL i hope your not serious, this is the last time he will ever be able to play subspace, what difference is it to him if he cheats or not. Not like hes returning. Its like letting a child malestor out after 5 years of being in jail, and allowing him to babysit your kids.
                              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
                                LOL i hope your not serious, this is the last time he will ever be able to play subspace, what difference is it to him if he cheats or not. Not like hes returning. Its like letting a child malestor out after 5 years of being in jail, and allowing him to babysit your kids.
                                that's exactly what this is like
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X