Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think there are too many people suggesting FORCING things.

We can't force anyone to do shit. The only thing that happens if you force things is people get pissed off and quit.

Lets have some creative solutions. Everything suggested so far seems to be about restricting shit even more than it is. We need to open the competition up, provide more options rather than restict more.

Far better to allow captains the freedom to run there squad as they want, and enter whatever leagues they want (if you qualify on skill - not on roster size or any other shit you should be in TWL). That said, if you make a commitment to play a league, and you renage on it. We don't want you back next season.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
      Agreed. Ignorant fucks stop bashing pascone because if he did actually quit we would have some newbie running twl.
      Pascone is, indeed, a newbie though.
      1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
      1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
      1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
      1:Vitja> afk
      1:Underground> haha vit
      1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Just in regards to pascone saying that people don't want to be a 'part time twl staffer' and help out only on appeals, I really have to feel your wrong ont hat count. I'm sure there are PLENTY of good people who are willing to do that role, and who can remain unbiased in every way neccesary. I also believe you'd be able to get enough people that you would be able to avoid anyone who has anything to do with the appeal having a say -- which is often what looks bad. if it's team a vs team b and team b has a guy involved in the decision on the appeal, it just looks terrible.

and for the record before anybody comes out and says 'well if you say theres people then why don't you do it' to that I'd respond that I'd be willing to. I think i've proven i'm impartial, and I don't partake in TWL in the least, for at least 3 seasons now (asside from my all star adventures). So theres one, I bet I could find at least 20 others.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Underground View Post
          Mantra, that's because I'm the best captain ever duh
          Did you even log in to SS more than once a week?

AFK

Comment

UG was a terrible cap..

logged on once ever 2 weeks.. GOOD CAP THERE UG
            9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
            4:Nimrook> No?
            4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
            4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
            4:Akuun> ROFL
            4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
            4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
            4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              thats exactly what im telling you... forcing squads to do what they don't usually do will create far too many dropouts

look at hydra this season... they are a jav squad that got into LD also... they dropped out after like 4 games

no, forcing squads to do all 3 leagues is retarded and would create far more dropouts and far less competition
              with only 9 totally league teams i dont see a problem with squads not having a competitive team. Think about it!! You know how many players you could recruit, once there's only 9 squads in twl..... And if they lose in twld , there not gonna leave roster cuz they might still have a chance to play in another league. so there squad isnt just gonna quit....And there are various ways of doing this, we could say take top 3 in all twd leagues rather then take the most total points of all 3 etc, that way it gives all 3 leagues a even chance.

exalt"that got into LD also..." maybe this is the problem, but they did it right. and got in, problems im assuming is they didnt have enuff players to play cuz there not all on sunday at 4pm. etc, and really didnt care about winning twld. or they didnt have enuff wbers, but if you had a roster of basers/javs/wb. but have a 3league squad means you would at least HAVE ENUFF PLAYERS that might even want to play, and wouldnt drop out like so many other squads did, and who knows we might even get to see a wbird playing base again, cuz 7 of the 20 basers showed up.
              this is just an idea btw. and most likely wont happen, but at least i gave an idea.

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
              Far better to allow captains the freedom to run there squad as they want, and enter whatever leagues they want (if you qualify on skill - not on roster size or any other shit you should be in TWL). That said, if you make a commitment to play a league, and you renage on it. We don't want you back next season.
              Um thats kinda what we got now captains with freedom/skilled players. And as far as we dont want you back, hard to enforce, and maybe next season they are more then worthy. so players leave and join someother squad.
              =(

Point I was Getting too.

BUTT! the more and more i think about it!, Maybe its not the league at all, thats at fault, but maybe the way teams are qualified for twl. maybe the problem lies in twd.Hmm ways to fix it.
              Last edited by Witness; 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
                BUTT! the more and more i think about it!, Maybe its not the league at all, thats at fault, but maybe the way teams are qualified for twl. maybe the problem lies in twd.Hmm ways to fix it.
                TWD really only shows a squads form. Because of the way the calculation works Pretty much the last 50 games are what determines your posisition in TWD, anything before then doesnt have any measurable effect. This may or may not be a bad thing, but it should be known
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                X