Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

This is a conversation I was having in elim chat about how their needs to be some serious changes in TWL.

Creature> lol i think we should reduce the squads that get in
    badlies> they will dissolve eventaully
    kid kaos> i think so too
    badlies> to how many?
    1:Weak> DDDD
    kid kaos> but we need staffers who wont screw over ppl cuz they dont like their e-atitudes and make it more enjoyable
    Creature> yo who are the TWL web ops
    kid kaos> shud be 10
    kid kaos> at the max
    badlies> agree
    kid kaos> wasnt it kim and pascone
    kid kaos> and some other guys
    kid kaos> right?
    kid kaos> they shud reduce teams to 10 and make every game 3 rounds
    Creature> oh god no
    Creature> 3 rounds?
    kid kaos> ..yea
    Creature> let's just go to 15 deaths instead
    Creature> LOL
    kid kaos> yea best of 3
    badlies> best out of 3
    Creature> that would take FOREVER
    kid kaos> nah
    kid kaos> nbot rly
    kid kaos> not if u reduce teams
    1:Weak> joining unleash
    1:Weak> afk
    1:Coyote> lol
    kid kaos> think bout it tho. it wud make it mor eitneresting because you'd have to worry about who your going to add in second round if u lost 1st round or shud u stick with same players if u won 1st round. pluys more ppl wud get to play.
    1:Weak> lOl
    Creature> yeah tru
    Creature> but
    Creature> it would take
    kid kaos> and it wud give teams a better chance to upset a better team
    Creature> a godawfully long time
    Creature> and tons of hosting power
    Creature> lol....
    Creature> not even willing staff
    kid kaos> if they can do it for twd with bots why not twl
    badlies> true
    Flabby <ER> there are some new ideas we are going to throw at you, to have a look at a bit latter this year regarding twl
    Cynane> what was the idea someone mentioned now? say it briefly
    Flabby <ER> the competition will not be the same as this passing twl

Just some thoughts of mine that I thought might make TWL more enjoyable for everyone. If you have some thoughts or ideas aswell feel free to post them here. Think TWL staff and everyone involved for next season shud take a look at how the PLAYERS of TWL feel about their league.
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

What logic is behind the : "kid kaos> and it wud give teams a better chance to upset a better team"?
    Cause it's only logicall upsets happen more often if it's just one round...
    Lets say team A wins 90% of the times and team B 10%...
    The chance that team B wins when it's 1 round is 10%
    The chance that team B wins when it's 3 rounds is 0,1*0,1+2*(0,1*0,1*0,9)= 0,028 what comes down to 2,8%...

In other words, Math prooves that upsets happen less and less when you increase the number of rounds. So yes, that statement doesn't make sense you stupid moronic fuck.
    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Like I stated before I was expressing ideas. and I dont know whats best for TWL if you could read proper english then maybe you would have caught that part before I posted the Convo.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

well there are pretty much two suggestions there that i'm seeing

1- lower the number of squads in. this is already being discussed.

2- make it best of 3.. the games already take long enough, less squads wouldn't really mean anything different for the amount of time it would take, as three league squads would be playing for a long time on sundays.

of course we are very open to suggestions and feel free to post them here like kid kaos did, thanks.

i know i will at least give my input on them. stargazer mentioned in another thread that there will likely be changes. i know i'd rather have the players input on it before we just take 3 people's opinions and make them the new rules, especially when two of the three don't play in twl? so, hopefully when the first draft of the revised rules are done, they will be posted for critique and proper adjustments can be made
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
          well there are pretty much two suggestions there that i'm seeing

1- lower the number of squads in. this is already being discussed.

2- make it best of 3.. the games already take long enough, less squads wouldn't really mean anything different for the amount of time it would take, as three league squads would be playing for a long time on sundays.

of course we are very open to suggestions and feel free to post them here like kid kaos did, thanks.

i know i will at least give my input on them. stargazer mentioned in another thread that there will likely be changes. i know i'd rather have the players input on it before we just take 3 people's opinions and make them the new rules, especially when two of the three don't play in twl? so, hopefully when the first draft of the revised rules are done, they will be posted for critique and proper adjustments can be made
          Suggestion #3, Step down as head TWL operator and give someone else the opportunity. Providing their is someone else who wants the position and is capable

Have nothing against you Pascone, though I do think certain things that happened this season were not right. And I think their is a general feeling from many people that things were not done right and could be done better.

Comment

quit already pascone!

Rule for TWL op.
            1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
            1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
            1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
            1:Vitja> afk
            1:Underground> haha vit
            1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rule View Post
              Suggestion #3, Step down as head TWL operator and give someone else the opportunity. Providing their is someone else who wants the position and is capable

Have nothing against you Pascone, though I do think certain things that happened this season were not right. And I think their is a general feeling from many people that things were not done right and could be done better.
              eek, well, like i've said a bunch of times in the past, i didn't make every decision on my own, in fact, none of them were made exclusively by me. we all had equal say in the situations, it just so happens that i posted the news or commented on the situations so everyone assumed it was just me. if someone completely new wants to show up and do it all, i'll just sit back and play the twl op/advisor role, like neth did for me. the problem is, there doesn't seem to be much interest in twl staff, because really, there are only so many people needed. when you tell people their only purpose will be pretty much helping on appeals, their interest kinda fads fast... not that them seeing that if they did what i do, they become the most hated staffer.

until that happens, i am looking forward to the new season. it's hard to predict the various things that will happen in a season. all we can and have done was in the off seasons add rules to reflect problems of the previous year and make them as clear as possible. until i can see the future, it's hard to make extremely clear rules regarding unforeseen problems that may arise.
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Ya more ideas are good.

There was a private 4 hour discussion between twl staff recently regarding the twl, what when wrong this season and how it could be better.

The bit at the end of your log, I didn't want to discuss anything, as i'm not sure what ideas from the meeting will make it to a draft proposal, basically I know as much as you as to what will happen next season. I've put in my random ideas for changes to the league, and rules, but its obviously up to twl staff to look at the ideas from everyone and decide whats the best way forward.

They will take these ideas present a draft to the public and then change it accordingly with the feedback

That is the plan anyway as I understand it.

Please if anyone has suggestions or things they think could have been done better in the next twl, make them.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

# of solid, dedicated twl players falling +
                  # of teams in league not shrinking fast enough =

quality go to shit.

hi rule
                  There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

hi escy poo
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Underground View Post
                      quit already pascone!

Rule for TWL op.
                      ^ Hell no B)

eek, well, like i've said a bunch of times in the past, i didn't make every decision on my own, in fact, none of them were made exclusively by me. we all had equal say in the situations, it just so happens that i posted the news or commented on the situations so everyone assumed it was just me. if someone completely new wants to show up and do it all, i'll just sit back and play the twl op/advisor role, like neth did for me. the problem is, there doesn't seem to be much interest in twl staff, because really, there are only so many people needed. when you tell people their only purpose will be pretty much helping on appeals, their interest kinda fads fast... not that them seeing that if they did what i do, they become the most hated staffer.

until that happens, i am looking forward to the new season. it's hard to predict the various things that will happen in a season. all we can and have done was in the off seasons add rules to reflect problems of the previous year and make them as clear as possible. until i can see the future, it's hard to make extremely clear rules regarding unforeseen problems that may arise.
                      That is probably true about you taking the blunt of blame on things because your represent staff on whole in postings etc. Not an easy job. Good to hear that some consensus is made on decisions. I know a number of level headed types who do not think you personally are doing a good job - for different reasons. Personally I will never agree with a TWL op/cap getting a one day ban free for his player - even if the decision is not his and is in someone elses hands. I think that's probably why its best for high ranking staff to not be squad caps etc, though it has worked in some past cases. Things should not be biased or even appear biased - need firm rules made beforehand.
                      As a non staffer though, I don't know what's truly going on inside. I do think delegating authority and responsibility is always good though.

Sup Esc
                      Last edited by Rule; 02-26-2008, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                        They hosted and they are TWL Ops, they do have an idea of the problems :P Let's not bash their efforts when they at least spent a good 4+ hours working on things with me. Dunno why you dont come to the other ops with your concerns instead of making them look dumb on here, at least they didnt go afk within 20 mins.

As I said in another thread, we are making lots of revisions and we have been covering a LOT of the issues everyone has brought up in these threads. Continue to keep adding your ideas, I definitely want public opinion, which is why I'm constantly reading these threads. Once everything is typed up and the other Ops have a chance to say their fill they will be posted for you all to read and criticize and complain and add your own feedback

Comment

Extreme Makeover: TWL Edition
                          Originally posted by paradise!
                          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                          1:Reaver> HALP
                          1:Reaver> HELELP
                          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

* increase amount of shipchanges allowed in twl (and twd)
                            * increase amount of shipswitches allowed in twl (and twd)
                            * try new maps during offseason (like now in bd, yay for that) - in all leagues.
                            * make the twlj map same as the twjd map.
                            * autoqualification if you reached playoff previous season. (or semis)
                            Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 02-26-2008, 07:15 AM.
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post

* autoqualification if you reached playoff previous season. (or semis)

sigh..no I think you should still have to prove that you're good enough for twl that season too.
                              https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                              1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                              1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                              1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                              1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                              1:soild>they can say what they like
                              1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                              1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Working...
                              X