Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
    * increase amount of shipchanges allowed in twl (and twd)
    We dont want any more specials :<
    2 is enough, switches could be increased
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
      sigh..no I think you should still have to prove that you're good enough for twl that season too.
      mantra and bram just know they wont qualify for anything without me this season.
      4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
      4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
      4:Geio> DEEZ?
      4:Geio> LOLOL
      4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
      4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
      4:spirit> LOL
      4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
      4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
        We dont want any more specials :<
        2 is enough, switches could be increased
        specials make it interesting, but so does the new map

more switches would be fine provided something is in place that prevents sharks from switching to remove mines. thats the only switch that gives an advantage that shouldnt really be provided.

most of the suggestions are just fine. im still not convinced that squads who make semis should automatically get a bid the next season; but i guess its just me that has a problem rewarding inactivity.
        i agree with the fewer squads in. also, reducing the twl roster.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
          They hosted and they are TWL Ops, they do have an idea of the problems :P Let's not bash their efforts when they at least spent a good 4+ hours working on things with me. Dunno why you dont come to the other ops with your concerns instead of making them look dumb on here, at least they didnt go afk within 20 mins.

As I said in another thread, we are making lots of revisions and we have been covering a LOT of the issues everyone has brought up in these threads. Continue to keep adding your ideas, I definitely want public opinion, which is why I'm constantly reading these threads. Once everything is typed up and the other Ops have a chance to say their fill they will be posted for you all to read and criticize and complain and add your own feedback
          the impression that i had gotten from star after talking to him after you guys talked forever was that these rules were pretty much set in stone without giving any players any input on it at all. that didn't make any sense to me.

my whole point was that the revised rules should be posted then revised appropiately based on the direct feedback to them.
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I still like the world cup type format for twl, since a lot of the losing squads have been dissolving anyway.
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
              the impression that i had gotten from star after talking to him after you guys talked forever was that these rules were pretty much set in stone without giving any players any input on it at all. that didn't make any sense to me.

my whole point was that the revised rules should be posted then revised appropiately based on the direct feedback to them.
              Originally posted by MirrorriM
              I'd like to ensure everyone that this revision is in its preliminary process, this is NOT set in stone, and I am definitely going to present a draft to the public and take note of their comments. I've always liked public feedback and this is definitely not an issue that should be overlooked.

Once Stargazer and I get a nice draft of the rules, we'll put it in these forums so everyone can discuss things. After that we'll let the public review it.
              I've copied this bit of the post from the long one hidden away in Staff Forums . Bascially I think everyone is agreeing with each other about how to carry this process out .

1. Draft created.
              2. Reviewed internally for silly mistakes
              3. Released to public to comment and suggest changes
              4. Revised following those suggestions
              5. Released again for final revisions (ideally should be none, but that won't happen)
              6. Any final revisions made
              7. Rules Instated.

thats how i understand it anyway. Correct me if i am wrong.
              Last edited by Doc Flabby; 02-26-2008, 02:29 PM.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Yeah im crazy,and a little tipsee.

Limit #of squads say 8 .
                Max of 40 players (twl) (45twd) . yes up it! but just keep reading and you'll understand why.

The Top teams in all classes make it in twl. I mean add twdd,twjd,twbd,twsd points all into one, The squad with the most points is in.etc etc.. This would make squads recruit warbirds, javs, basers on to one squad. You wanna talk about drama there you go. Plus it might force players to play other ships hence improving overall competition.

What better way to prove which squad is the best?
                Last edited by Witness; 02-26-2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Some interesting Ideas witty yet I dont know how some squads would like it because just face it, some people jsut dont give a crap about basing, some players dont give a crap about javing, some players dont give a crap about Dueling. So I dunno but it sounds like some good stuff to start out on. Maybe set it up to where each squad has to be top 8 in two of the 3 categories in order to make it to TWL?
                  2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I want to know when twsdx is coming to twl :P
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                      I want to know when twsdx is coming to twl :P
                      it should probably come to twd first
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                        Extreme Makeover: TWL Edition
                        Monster Leagues
                        ?find dads revenge

Comment

i think if your gonna keep the same amount of squads in twl then you have to set up a better system for replacement squads...

lets be honest, no squad on a replacement squad has a chance to do anything if a squad like... lets say hydra, decides to dissolve like 4 or 5 games into the season...

squads join twl to get into playoffs, not to play spoiler, its retarded

you need to have a system where maybe the replacement squad can take over the wins or something of the previous squad... because you tell me why any replacement squad should try to win or even show up to a game when they already know they are screwed out of any chance of getting into twl, even if they win every single game????

every season we have replacement squads and every season they do so bad that its like a free win to squads.... well those free wins decide who makes playoffs or not, its not fair really to squads that had to play the original team and then the squad they are trying to beat out for the playoff spot plays them way later in the season and get a free win vs a shit squad like paladen or something that replaces the original squad.... its just pointless
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                            Lots of you are barking out the same 'suggestions' and 'ideas' time after time for leagues to come. How many different ways can you say 'Fewer squads in TWL'. What about taking it one step further? Perhaps...elaborate? Or, you could think about it from another viewpoint?

Not to mention, some of you just have major hardons for simply throwing a wrench into the mix. Or, just love complaining, want to get your simplistic views in, or just have a personal grudge against someone for a completely unrelated reason. Therefore not wishing to miss an opportunity to fight with or bring them down. There must always be a devils advocate, but man, some of you take it to a whole nother level.

Fewer squads in TWL:

Not a bad suggestion at first. Sure, there would be more active people free for the taking, but there is a reason some of the 'active players' dont get on these squads in the first place. They suck or arent in the 'group'. This hope of being for the better could easily backfire. We enforce this new rule. Now what? The season is shorter? Less chances for upsets (in any way shape or form)? Do we play each squad more than once (ZzzZzz)? You still can only have 35 people on the roster for TWL. How about squads just recruit those mediocre players that would have been on another squad in any season prior? Thats practically what will need happen with this rule for it to be effective.

You could save all this trouble by just getting those inactive and unreliable players off your TWL roster in the first place and find somewhat suitable replacements.

Smaller roster sizes:

You are still going to have the same sorta squads recruiting worthless players simply for their name. People are so afraid of recruiting new players or taking the chance to explore new talent. What will this lead to? Squads qualifying for TWL, the members of that squad losing interest, and BAM, another dropout and series of forfeits. People are so set on who they will squad with.

Or, we institute this rule sooner and give plenty of time for people to realize it and implement it into their squads before TWL. This could also mean higher competition because players will be forced to become more than a one ship wonder. Competition boost perhaps? Activity as well? This could allow for a new wave of 'good players'.

Multiple rounds throughout the season:

Please. No. The games are already long enough as is. We simply dont have enough staff willing to host the games. Or, enough time in the day. The only reason the games were hosted as promised so well this season was because we were fortunate enough to have the same few staff members willing to host the games all the time. Now, this will more than likely lead to people saying 'well, its staffs job' or 'get staff members who will do this then'. Weve had this discussion before many times. It wont happen. That is, unless someone with the power mans up and institutes the changes.

If all of these changes dont work, having multiple rounds could result in even MORE no-shows. Devastating to the league.

Taking shots and criticizing TWL Ops:

This really needs to be toned down a bit. Especially in regards to pascone. Without some of these people, lots of these seasons and features would not be available to us. Not to mention, pascone hasnt done a bad job. Do you not remember TWL's from the past? I think this season (some decisions and events aside) has gone through much better than others. Dont you remember how hard it was to get a response from an Op in the past? Pascone has been pretty good with this. Hell, he even takes the time to debate things with players. Hes stuck around, despite the criticism. This allows for a better chance that an Op will better himself and learn from previous mistakes. Thus causing better seasons.

As far as all the 'biased' comments, no. There will NEVER be a time when no one feels as though they have been cheated. On that note, you cant please everyone. Trying to, aside from the fact it wont happen, will only make things worse.

Just my twenty cents.
                            1&2. i'd think less squads would = more people on rosters which would mean more activity among squads. less squads should be an insentive to not drop out, as it will weed out the flakey squads (hopefully). i don't know if roster size is really the problem? more opinions would rule

3. it probably won't happen because of those reasons.. time and hosts
                            4. thanks!

Comment

re

max roster size at 25, keep squads allowed into TWL the same.
                              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                                max roster size at 25, keep squads allowed into TWL the same.
                                agreed.
                                4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                                4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                                4:Geio> DEEZ?
                                4:Geio> LOLOL
                                4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                                4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                                4:spirit> LOL
                                4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                                4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Working...
                                X