Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
    max roster size at 25, keep squads allowed into TWL the same.
    disagreed.
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
    1:waven> is if im going to prison
    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Ya I still think you need to compete to get into the league. Wud not be as fun if all same 8 squads just hogged the show.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

and here I thought that last season would finally prove once and for all why league stability with serious squads that dont dissolve 24/7 would be the best thing for the league. oh well lol, guess you will never learn
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

reward activity, not inactivity

if you dont want to be bothered to play the game anymore, you shouldnt get a free pass to the leagues.

and i agree that if we keep the same format, drop the number of squads that are invited.

if you insist on keeping the same number of squads, drop the TWL roster limit by 5 or 10. or, make it depend on # of leagues the squad attends.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

you are right zeebu, lets have another twl season with numerous of squads dissolving or what not midseason fucking up the league again. Maybe this time we can beat the record!!
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

I think a lowered # of 30 players on roster should suffice. As long as we take baby steps to reducing roster size, there shouldn't be a problem. Squads will adapt.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

maybe to assess who is invited to twl we could have the top 12-14 squads in each respective twd ladder have their captains interviewed by twl ops to see if their interests are true and they are unlikely to dissolve, aswell as this twl ops could look through squads rosters and see if they arent full of squadhoppers by looking at their squad history. Just a random idea that came to mind
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Why limit roster size at all?

If a player never play in twl for a squad, they can't be that good anyway :P

I personally don't see the argument for having any kind of limit on roster size.

Do football(soccer for americans) teams IRL have a limit on the size of there squad? They have a limit on the number of players they can take to a game (subsitutes), but not on the squad size.
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Make TWL squad captain(s) sign a contract or something in which they promise that they will not dissolve/drop-out. If they dissolve/drop-out and the captain(s) can't give a good reason for doing that, they will be banned for life. That will teach 'em :fear:
                    (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                    8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

Only pick squads that have been around for 3 or 4 months. That will weed out most of the unstable ones.
                      Warpath

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                        Why limit roster size at all?

I personally don't see the argument for having any kind of limit on roster size.
                        I agree more players on a squad, does help activity in the squad. Squad members are not always on at the same time. but there does need to be some kinda cap 25 seems a little to low to me..

Another Idea to combat dissolving squads in twl.

Get rid of the hard an soft lock! Squad Rosters are Locked two weeks before the end of twd.. Now your saying witness is crazy please read the whole thing before you go off. If a squad loses a twl game the losing squad gets to recruit say 2 new players. And there should be some good pickings of players from all the twd squads that dont make it. You see to many popup squads that try an make it at the end of twd,and some of them make it , but if they dont they just goto there backup squad. Make them stick together longer b4 twl starts, and make the wanna be ones that dont make it suffer a little more.. Someone already said dont accept any twd squad that hasnt been around more then a month. I totally agree. but there is still the activity issue..

my 2 sence wit.

Comment

About lowering roster size: say you are one of the guys who was chosen not to be included in your squad, you are axed. Do you really want to join another squad with all of the axed people just to get into TWL? Even if you cant stand the other players on the squad? I dont know how other people decide what squad they are going to join, but isnt it partly about who is on the squad too? If the people you like are on the squad that dumped you, then youre screwed.

I dont think forcing people to make new squads is going to help. If the people really want to play in TWL but are benchers, then they will try to make their own squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
                            Limit #of squads say 8 .
                            Max of 40 players (twl) (45twd) . yes up it! but just keep reading and you'll understand why.

The Top teams in all classes make it in twl. I mean add twdd,twjd,twbd,twsd points all into one, The squad with the most points is in.etc etc.. This would make squads recruit warbirds, javs, basers on to one squad. You wanna talk about drama there you go. Plus it might force players to play other ships hence improving overall competition.

What better way to prove which squad is the best?
                            ^ This..

And to those squads (EG: Quicksand) who only play one league...This would encourage you recruit out of your "realm" of only 1 ship and increase the overall activity of your squad. If things were this way and I was running a squad, I would assign one Capt for Wbs, one capt for Javs, and one for basing...and allow those individuals to recruit/axe within their own division of the squad at their own discretion. Usually only 1-2 squads per season have the talent to compete in all 3 leagues (EG: Dice). Requiring TWL squads to play in all 3 would increase the overall capabilities of each and every squad that qualifies and indeed determine which squad is actually "The Best"....Those are my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                              ^ This..

And to those squads (EG: Quicksand) who only play one league...This would encourage you recruit out of your "realm" of only 1 ship and increase the overall activity of your squad. If things were this way and I was running a squad, I would assign one Capt for Wbs, one capt for Javs, and one for basing...and allow those individuals to recruit/axe within their own division of the squad at their own discretion. Usually only 1-2 squads per season have the talent to compete in all 3 leagues (EG: Dice). Requiring TWL squads to play in all 3 would increase the overall capabilities of each and every squad that qualifies and indeed determine which squad is actually "The Best"....Those are my thoughts
                              too many squads try the "do all 3 leagues" thing and fail miserably, or become mediocre at everything but good at nothing... quicksand is a squad that wont drop out of TWL, unlike most multi league squads aka hydra, lifeban, etc

id rather be great at one league and get into playoffs then be mediocre at all 3 and not make playoffs for anything

stray won twld and they were a 1 league squad... squads like diso and thunder etc did not, and are multi league
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

thunder did win twlj however, and got robbed in twld. While your 1 league squad failed to qualify for the only league you play in.

from my understanding, looking at the twl history, its actually the multi squads that are the most stable squads that doesnt dissolve or go inactive.

Comment

Working...
                                X