Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL and the desperate make over it needs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pascone View Post
    though they just don't typically dissolve because they are bigger to begin with .. probably because they play multiple leagues
    BINGO!!!
    Isnt that what this topics about? Fixing twl dropout. I'm not trying to bust stray's balls here. heh <3

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      well im not saying 3 league squads are bad by any account, i mean once a squad wins the triple crown thats hardcore awesome, but im saying you cant FORCE all twl squads to play all 3 leagues, that would be dumb, because technically there are some very good 1 league squads out there... and yes maybe they dissolve after a season but if they win a title they win a title, it still means better competition
      "but im saying you cant FORCE all twl squads to play all 3 leagues."
      Why not? There needs to be a higher Standard for TWL squads, this isnt twd. We've been doing it this way for years. And the dropout of twl squads gets worse and worse. You cant tell me that a squad like stray, cant recruit some decent javs?

Comment

re

Making TWL should mean something, this will force 1 league squads to be able to play other leagues. If a 1 league squad owns one league, they have potential to own others as well. Forces more competition into all 3 leagues, also forces more squads if you lower squad limit to 25.
        TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
        TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
        KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
        1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
        1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

it's very hard to recruit anyone good to a bad squad, i've tried too many times to count. a squad like stray, wouldn't be able to legitimately great javs to join, what incentive would they have? forcing squads to play other leagues just for them to be in the one they like? they would just be awful in the other leagues and still only concentrate on the one. then people would get angry about the lack of competition.
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

re

the idea is that you, yourself pascone can be forced to learn javs. I went from basing to learning javs in one season. If players were forced to learn other leagues to participate competitively in league, than we will have a better overall league, competition wise. The only problem is actually forcing people to do it, but we need some sort of change. Just an idea..
            TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
            1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
            1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

a squad like stray, wouldn't be able to legitimately great javs to join, what incentive would they have?
              Hmm good warbird squad? good Javsquad. javsquad> hey Warbird squad lets join forces so we can be in TWL. theres an incentive. So instead we have the squads that keep joining an dissolveing mid twl cuz they suck. But if they still had a chance to win one of the 3 three crowns they wouldnt dissolve!!!!! and the squads that get into twl, always end up recruiting better players just before the first game of twl. just because they got in.

Im just saying maybe it's worth a thought. Ill stop replying now. Instead of just saying no to something thats never been tried, we all know theres problems with whatever the choice is, in one way or another. Current/new/old/ etc
              Last edited by Witness; 03-01-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
                Hmm good warbird squad? good Javsquad. javsquad> hey Warbird squad lets join forces so we can be in TWL. theres an incentive. So instead we have the squads that keep joining an dissolveing mid twl cuz they suck. But if they still had a chance to win one of the 3 three crowns they wouldnt dissolve!!!!! and the squads that get into twl, always end up recruiting better players just before the first game of twl. just because they got in.

Im just saying maybe it's worth a thought. Ill stop replying now. Instead of just saying no to something thats never been tried, we all know theres problems with whatever the choice is, in one way or another. Current/new/old/ etc
                i've tried that before, what typically happens is too many egos on one squad ruins it... hell, look at when disoblige and pallies tried to merge.. not really sure why it went down as i was on neither squad, i just know it didn't work
                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

fewer squads is a bad idea, unless we introduce premier and amateur league.

The problem is not that its too many squads and there not being enough players. Look at twlb, there was only one drop out and the whole league ran smoothly, maybe a little boring but smoothly nevertheless. And whole time there were what? 12 active squads in twbd? Oh and that given how some squads were stacking active players. And there are plenty jd and dd squads. Yet those leagues had a lot of dropouts. I think its all because of bad leadership like it was mentioned in the other thread. Its not because there arent enough people or something. And I dont think last season or season before was more competitive than this one. There will always be worse squads and better squads. But worse squads stick around sometimes and the longer they stick around the better they become.

I feel that if we limit number of squads it wont solve the problems. The first season with 8 squads would probably be interesting and competitive. Next season people will whine for 4 squads to be in twl. Limiting squads in twl will only shorten the zone lifetime. Think long-term, not what would be fun ATM.

Sorry if this post is circular im really tired right now.
                  lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

One thing TWL needs is to replace pascone. Staff that show biased decisions to give their own squad a better advantage, shouldnt run TWL, or be in TW staff for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness View Post
                      "but im saying you cant FORCE all twl squads to play all 3 leagues."
                      Why not? There needs to be a higher Standard for TWL squads, this isnt twd. We've been doing it this way for years. And the dropout of twl squads gets worse and worse. You cant tell me that a squad like stray, cant recruit some decent javs?
                      thats exactly what im telling you... forcing squads to do what they don't usually do will create far too many dropouts

look at hydra this season... they are a jav squad that got into LD also... they dropped out after like 4 games

no, forcing squads to do all 3 leagues is retarded and would create far more dropouts and far less competition
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by kronic View Post
                        One thing TWL needs is to replace pascone. Staff that show biased decisions to give their own squad a better advantage, shouldnt run TWL, or be in TW staff for that matter.
                        Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                          Yeah, we should totally get rid of someone whos actually stuck around throughout the seasons to do his job fairly well. Because we all know there are TONS of others who are in the position to step in and will do as good of a job.
                          Agreed. Ignorant fucks stop bashing pascone because if he did actually quit we would have some newbie running twl.
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                          4:Geio> DEEZ?
                          4:Geio> LOLOL
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                          4:spirit> LOL
                          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                            Yeah, we should totally get rid of someone whos actually stuck around throughout the seasons to do his job fairly well. Because we all know there are TONS of others who are in the position to step in and will do as good of a job.
                            Agreed. There are others in the community THAT CAN do just as well if not better.... AND not abuse their position to favor their own squad.

It's typical of young adults in the work world to think there's no other person that can do their job just as well as they can.... so the boss is never going to get rid of them or (in thier mind) the business will suffer. Those with this kind of thinking eventually get a rude awakening.

Comment

I suggest this rule for next season.

Drop out of one league, you drop out of them all.

This will prevent squads entering a league they don't care about. TWL is an invitation, if you don't care about a league, dont accept it.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

i've tried that before, what typically happens is too many egos on one squad ruins it... hell, look at when disoblige and pallies tried to merge.. not really sure why it went down as i was on neither squad, i just know it didn't work
                                Bad example, had very little to do with too many egos, although we were rivals from the beginning, it was always on a friendly basis (at least to me). (And ex-Pallies players have always been welcome on Diso, same goes for ex A-S :P). Also we were both primary basing-squads (although became fairly good in other leagues). Thing was, Pallies (core) was inactive at the time, and they didn't feel like merging with a (rival)squad which would have a majority of like 75% of the roster would be a good idea.. Then just before TWL some more of their players returned and they gave Pallies another go.. I think everyone on Disoblige was just glad to see them all back in TWL.. TWL without Pallies will always lack entertainment.

But yeah, on topic, I don't think forcing squads to be 3-league squads is a good idea, there just don't seem to be as much basers (plus u need more) as javs, or as wbs.. there's always seemed to be more wbs around, and small WB-squads.. so ld would probably suffer from a decision like that.. and i don't really see what it's gonna bring to the table.. good javs won't join a wb-squad that makes lj a second priority.. so they can at most get bad javs to join.. who will just suck.. and then those wbs will end up playing a league they don't care about anyway..
                                Just inviting less squads would be more logical imo..?

Comment

Working...
                                X