TWBD Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWBD Issue

Okay, so this might sound stupid and I'm expecting to get flamed, but looking at the twbd ladder there is merely 11 squads on it! This compared to dd and jd's 36/35 squad ladders...its worrying! What I think needs to happen is some squads breaking off to make slightly smaller squads to increase activity, looking at the majority of bd squad's rosters they have over 30+ on each roster. I understand that bding requires larger amounts of players on each squad, but that amount isnt necessary and it would really help twbd if some people broke off large squads and formed their own. I know this sounds like a ridiculous request, but i think its kind of vital right now!
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Well, actually you are saying what I said in my squad chat, about how the next TWLB is going to die in the current form.

There are 12 squads in TWLB and 3-4 of them are not even a pure basing squads (When I say not pure I mean that they just wanted to have some fun and did a base duel).

so its leave us with something like 8 serious squads. In the current league structure there is no chance to run TWLB. Some of my squad mates said that some squads will form in the next months till TWL will start, but I doubt that. Even if there is going to be more 2-3 squads, they wont have enough skill quality to be any threat to the big 8.

Its kinda sad, The league structure should be changed as already said in previous threads in League forums (Mainly just change that stupid Conference US style league to Europe style leagues which is much more fun and logical in this kind of playing).

A smaller squads will also help, but I doubt again if they could change anything against the top 8.

Comment

smaller squads wont help.

this issue was discussed before many times and if you think squads should be smaller is because you are new. Fair and square

look at spastic for ex. 50 ppl on roster, lots of them never play/inactive or just log in to use chat, like ph and stab
      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Anyone interested in making a stable Quirion-like squad?

Goal: to introduce as many players possible to the basing scene.

How to Achieve:
        • having as much BDs as possible
        • recruiting players in pub who seem interested in the basing-scene (look at spiders, players with high records)
        • recruiting players who have some basing knowledge and are not able to get into top squads but just want to play (/help)

If you are willing to start this up you need a strong personallity, there will be allot of bashing, drama, and whining. It would be nice to have someone in this possition who is able to keep it up for a long time.
        hmm, just thinking right now it might be nice if there were 2 of these squads who could compete with eachother allot (never recruit from eachother-need to bond),
        Only the loyal count.

Comment

Juice and Rejected basers both just came back

Comment

Well, they both try to recruit good players, or players with talent, who are already interested in the basing scene.

difference with quirion-like squad is that its supposed to make people interested in the basing scene.
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
              Well, they both try to recruit good players, or players with talent, who are already interested in the basing scene.

difference with quirion-like squad is that its supposed to make people interested in the basing scene.
              If you look at RB's roster, it's 99% (unknown/inexperienced/fresh basers) pubbers atm.

Comment

good, didnt know.
                Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
                  smaller squads wont help.

this issue was discussed before many times and if you think squads should be smaller is because you are new. Fair and square

look at spastic for ex. 50 ppl on roster, lots of them never play/inactive or just log in to use chat, like ph and stab
                  I am new.

Anyway, to BD you need 8 people who are active in the same time. let say you want to triple that number so you could have many subs and options if people have different timezones or needs, that mean 24 players. 30 people in roster are enough.

I don't really believe in this "inactive" thing. get at least 24 players who are active and enjoy BDing. If some players are inactive for long time and take some sits in your squad so you cant BD or recruit to BD, kick them. It will help active players who might be less skillful play and get better and also will keep your squad happy by having fun. If your friends want to chat they don't need to be in your squad roster.

Nothing is bad about this idea but just the boneheaded fear of change.

Comment

i don't know if there are enough ppl who aren't already on squads who would like to start basing. There are probably a good many ppl who would like to base more, but won't quit dd/jd'ing just to start basing. So i guess the idea of breaking up the bigger "basing" squads is a step in the right direction.
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

Just like you don't believe in this "inactive" thing, I don't believe how your stupid idea will help in any way.

Without the empty argument 'I don't believe in this inactive thing', why does it matter again if a squad like Spastic / Disoblige keeps their old (inactive) core on the TWD-roster instead of axing them and recruiting a bunch of new/active players that fit in with the squad-spirit so the old (semi)active players still can play a few bds now and then?
                      Your idea basically would force old squads to completely rejuvenate their roster and lose their identity or to choose the path of greater inactivity. In both ways it's most likely the old players won't bother to keep playing this drag of a game anymore. A lot of people (or at least in the stable squads) keep playing, not because of the awesome gameplay, but mostly because they've grown close to some people.

It's off-season and with less people playing this game (especially playing this game actively, I doubt that many people have actually quit, there's just less people who play a few hours every day), you won't see as many BDs being played as in the prime days. Smaller squads doesn't fix this.

Thumbs up for all those who decide to spend their time with starting up training squads! Which is a much better idea, and was the reason we had plentiful basers a few years back (arguably more than javs and even duelers at one point).

Comment

How about we have separate rosters for TWDD, TWJD and TWBD? That way players from squads who only DD or JD but are inactive in BD can be recruited to active BD squads. You NEED a large roster to be active in BD, so limiting roster sizes will just increase inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                          Just like you don't believe in this "inactive" thing, I don't believe how your stupid idea will help in any way.

Without the empty argument 'I don't believe in this inactive thing', why does it matter again if a squad like Spastic / Disoblige keeps their old (inactive) core on the TWD-roster instead of axing them and recruiting a bunch of new/active players that fit in with the squad-spirit so the old (semi)active players still can play a few bds now and then?
                          Your idea basically would force old squads to completely rejuvenate their roster and lose their identity or to choose the path of greater inactivity. In both ways it's most likely the old players won't bother to keep playing this drag of a game anymore. A lot of people (or at least in the stable squads) keep playing, not because of the awesome gameplay, but mostly because they've grown close to some people.

It's off-season and with less people playing this game (especially playing this game actively, I doubt that many people have actually quit, there's just less people who play a few hours every day), you won't see as many BDs being played as in the prime days. Smaller squads doesn't fix this.

Thumbs up for all those who decide to spend their time with starting up training squads! Which is a much better idea, and was the reason we had plentiful basers a few years back (arguably more than javs and even duelers at one point).

You tried to limit the squad roster in the past that you say it will kill the old squads?
                          Does 30-35 people aren't enough to keep the core players who are inactive?

Trust me, my idea isn't stupid at all. The best BD squad here have only 33 players who most of them wont even get to play one game in TWLB that will come, and that beacuse the core players play or will come to play in the start of TWL.

This "off-season" saying is stupid. People are sad enough to actually taking TWL seriously like they earn anything by it instead of having the pure fun of playing game (and that you can get it by playing regular games with your squads).

But you know, you right. I don't even believe in my idea. The only stupid people are those who remain in those squads. If they had balls and lose their pride they would form a squad where they could actually get a chance to play themselves in TWL, and wont be a puppets till the "oldbies" return from their inactivity sleep.

Brainwave is a good example. Dudgeon was like that. Well done for those.

Comment

Stop the smaller squad bullshit already :/

Why do you want to get rid of people, who occasionally log on to play some twd or chat with old squaddies, to achieve nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                              Stop the smaller squad bullshit already :/

Why do you want to get rid of people, who occasionally log on to play some twd or chat with old squaddies, to achieve nothing?
                              I don't, its actually minor issue. I said in my first post here that it might help, I don't know for sure. You however, speak like it was tested and went bad. This is why this zone react very slowly to it declined of population. People here see that things are bad but are afraid to change anything to help it get good...

Anyway, as spoken in other threads by many others, league structure should be changed first.

Comment

Working...
                              X