No announcement yet.

TWBD Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of two reasons offhand why twbd isn't as popular.

a) you need 5 people to play instead of 4, and one of those 5 has to know how to ter and 1 person has to know how to shark. Chances of those people being online are quite small in small/inactive squads.
    b) Last time I bd'd there was an old map which hugely favored cramming (blocks that prevented spiders to be repelled themselves and such). Game is incredible one sided versus a squad with some good basers on if you are not decent at it yourself.
    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
      I am new.
      If some players are inactive for long time and take some sits in your squad so you cant BD or recruit to BD, kick them.
      yes lets kick dttr from spastic he only won twlb for spas and is one of the greatest spiders player ever on this zone.
      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

3 league squads need more than 30 people.

for disoblige we like to keep the old core that ahs been in diso for forever (as bram said) vecause we have grown more like a family than squaddies and just because they are inactive they shouldnt be axed (atleast in diso), sometimes they just want to get on once and bd with the old guys and chat. I dont see axing ianctive guys will get new smaller active squads. Sure we could recruit active guys but then we sould lose pretty much what we stand for and our basic core.
        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
        1:soild>they can say what they like
        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Forcing squads into a smaller roster size is a terrible idea. People that are already barely playing aren't going to say to themselves, gee I better get active or I can't stay on this squad's roster. Additionally, squads will be torn with holding onto older players or getting some newer players. I'll agree there are some squad's that have more basers than they need or more warbirds or more javs, but that isn't the case for every squad, and if you apply this broad rule you'll be doing more harm than justice. If anything I'd rather see more long-term squads, but I know how time consuming it can be to run a squad so I understand why squads come and go. But still, I'd rather see a system put in place that promotes squad longevity than a system that helps create more squads. People show up and watch TWL matches that are between two squads that have a long rivalry, it's better to watch those matches. Nowadays squads come and go, for the most part, too fast to even build squad rivalries. TW needs legitimate captains more than anything.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
            Anyone interested in making a stable Quirion-like squad?

Goal: to introduce as many players possible to the basing scene.

How to Achieve:
            • having as much BDs as possible
            • recruiting players in pub who seem interested in the basing-scene (look at spiders, players with high records)
            • recruiting players who have some basing knowledge and are not able to get into top squads but just want to play (/help)
            If you are willing to start this up you need a strong personallity, there will be allot of bashing, drama, and whining. It would be nice to have someone in this possition who is able to keep it up for a long time.
            hmm, just thinking right now it might be nice if there were 2 of these squads who could compete with eachother allot (never recruit from eachother-need to bond),
            Brainwave. recruited a bunch of newbs (including me). played a hella lot of dds and jds to get active, then after we were active enuff to get a bd going, people got hooked and interested. eventually we were active enuff to 8v8 bd ourselves (no joke) at least once a week. then we were invited for 1 twl match and won it. it was fun. but the "bashing, drama, and whining" killed us.

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
            Forcing squads into a smaller roster size is a terrible idea. People that are already barely playing aren't going to say to themselves, gee I better get active or I can't stay on this squad's roster. Additionally, squads will be torn with holding onto older players or getting some newer players. I'll agree there are some squad's that have more basers than they need or more warbirds or more javs, but that isn't the case for every squad, and if you apply this broad rule you'll be doing more harm than justice. If anything I'd rather see more long-term squads, but I know how time consuming it can be to run a squad so I understand why squads come and go. But still, I'd rather see a system put in place that promotes squad longevity than a system that helps create more squads. People show up and watch TWL matches that are between two squads that have a long rivalry, it's better to watch those matches. Nowadays squads come and go, for the most part, too fast to even build squad rivalries. TW needs legitimate captains more than anything.
            ive been thinking about starting a bd/sdx squad for some time now, to recruit pubbers and introduce them to basing. but from my experience, capping a new squad takes a hella lot of time and effort to actually keep it active and running smoothly. only reason i havn't yet is because i dont have time to play as much and be dedicated enuff to cap a squad. this is the only reason that is stopping me. but i totaly encourage anyone who is considering it and has the time.
            Last edited by Bobyz; 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM.
            Whos got the crack!?

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
              yes lets kick dttr from spastic he only won twlb for spas and is one of the greatest spiders player ever on this zone.
              Who?

A question for you and soldierz...

How many, do you think, are really inactive (Meaning they log in to play less than 1 time in a week) in your squads?

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
                Who?

A question for you and soldierz...

How many, do you think, are really inactive (Meaning they log in to play less than 1 time in a week) in your squads?
                15 easily...
                TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

WPE is willing to recruit any actiive pubbers / any basers so if anyone can keeps seeing teh same person in public just ask em if they wanna join a squad and if they say yes inform WPe im pretty sure if we cna gather enuf of these ppl for RB rb will train them into decent basers and there goes ur basing dying situation.
                  1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                  JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                  1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                  http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

the problem with TWLB is that the best squads are just too good. I mean look at the semi-finals in the past two twlbs: Dice, Pandora, and Spastic and an interchangeable 4th spot. The fact is that unless the 3 Goliaths in the basing world change their rosters (which they may in the offseason, but they will reform come twl time) then there will never be room for another squad to have a chance. There is just a sense of hopelessness if you are not a member of the upper echilon squads.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                      the problem with TWLB is that the best squads are just too good. I mean look at the semi-finals in the past two twlbs: Dice, Pandora, and Spastic and an interchangeable 4th spot. The fact is that unless the 3 Goliaths in the basing world change their rosters (which they may in the offseason, but they will reform come twl time) then there will never be room for another squad to have a chance. There is just a sense of hopelessness if you are not a member of the upper echilon squads.
                      ahah, wouldn't call spastic a basing goliath.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

TWL rosters are already limited no need to enforce it in TWD, gg have fun die as usually.
                        2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                          Okay, so this might sound stupid and I'm expecting to get flamed, but looking at the twbd ladder there is merely 11 squads on it! This compared to dd and jd's 36/35 squad ladders....its worrying! What I think needs to happen is some squads breaking off to make slightly smaller squads to increase activity, looking at the majority of bd squad's rosters they have over 30+ on each roster. I understand that bding requires larger amounts of players on each squad, but that amount isnt necessary and it would really help twbd if some people broke off large squads and formed their own. I know this sounds like a ridiculous request, but i think its kind of vital right now!
                          Makes me wonder why our pub map is still basing, it should be redesigned for duelers
                          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Working...
                          X