Next TWL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next TWL....

Just wondering if staff is going to follow their own rules for next TWL to prevent any undeserved TWL titles? I think if its as corrupt and a mess as this season was we wont see 14..

If not you should probably remove these rules below. Also, wouldnt it be illegal if lets just say Delectable was double squadding a few days before the TWLD finals and pascone knew about it?

Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play and to create an unfair advantage, will be subject to:
    a)
    Permanent suspension from Trench Wars Leagues participation.
    b)
    Forfeit of all squad matches played in the week the offense was discovered of which the player participated in.
    c)
    Referral to League Operators and Trench Wars Moderators for immediate punishment including being banned from Trench Wars.

Any squad Captain or Co-Captain found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play and to create an unfair advantage, will be subject to:
    a)
    Permanent suspension from Trench Wars Leagues participation.
    b)
    Forfeit of all squad matches played in the week the offense was discovered for the squad(s) of which the player was a captain or co-captain of regardless of participation in those particular games.
    c)
    Removal of the squad(s) from Trench Wars League participation for the squad(s) of which the offending player was a captain or co-captain of. The other members and co-captain(s) of the squad may appeal this decision and it will be decided by the League Operators, at which point a new captain may be approved.
    d)
    Referral to League Operators and Trench Wars Moderators for immediate punishment including a banning from Trench Wars.

--
    Because he was, and he did know of it

who cares you noob
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Squads that can actually make it those those very finals care, unlike some washed up (which is weird cuz youve never been good) newbie and the squads you join.

Comment

as long as the league operator has a vested interest in any of the three leagues, controversy like this is going to be inevitable. that said, good luck finding a neutral party who has a working knowledge of dueling, javing and basing, as well as thick skin to deal with all the bullshit that the position brings.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
          as long as the league operator has a vested interest in any of the three leagues, controversy like this is going to be inevitable. that said, good luck finding a neutral party who has a working knowledge of dueling, javing and basing, as well as thick skin to deal with all the bullshit that the position brings.
          Giving a player a banfree to play in the TWL finals knowing he was banned the day before for using CE is not inevitable, it goes against the rules that staff and captains are supposed to follow.

Side note: Saying your "roomate" downloaded CE and used it is also not a valid excuse to get the banfree. Corrupt staff will infact be the demise of this league..eventually.

Comment

well of course, i'm not backing that decision at all. it's pretty common knowledge that that decision was a bunch of shit. i'm just saying that any decision even slightly favoring the head op's squad, or even creating PERCEPTION that his squad is being favored, is going to cause this sort of backlash.

then again, given the way people who play this game act, even with a neutral op the excuse will probably go from "squad x is being favored" to "the ops hate squad y". whatever, i guess this is to be expected when the zone is filled with children.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by kronic
              Giving a player a banfree to play in the TWL finals knowing he was banned the day before for using CE is not inevitable, it goes against the rules that staff and captains are supposed to follow.

Side note: Saying your "roomate" downloaded CE and used it is also not a valid excuse to get the banfree. Corrupt staff will infact be the demise of this league..eventually.
              guess u just need to squad with a twl op.
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Just to deal with this now.

1) We had a discussion about all of this after the season.

2) I am currently remaking a draft of the rules for next year. ( I had it done, but ive somehow lost it.. so i have to redo it )

Comment

Theres not gonna be a 'next' twl. TW not gonna make it.

Comment

Change the league structure, US style doesn't fit here. There is no home advantage and nothing is good about divisions! Play for points instead and it will force squad to try every game and skip this pointless play-offs.

Comment

i'm glad this has been brought up again! no one seems to get it still
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                        i'm glad this has been brought up again! no one seems to get it still
                        Make a staff council (commission) that will be responsible for this issue. It will prevent also a suspect for favorite a squad because the staff is in it (since there will be 3-5 staff members who could vote for decisions).

take cops suggestion to make two leagues for TWLD/TWLJ (don't think base got enough squads for this). So one league will be Premier (1st win the TWL championship, 2 last squads get demoted) and one Second league for Promotion (also 2 squads).

It will raise the competition and balance the squads level in those leagues.

If you still want play-offs, 4 top places can do it, but there is no reason in my opinion... all the other issues of how many squads in league and different rules can be set within the commission by votes and inside information that staff has.

Its not hard to be done, its just need to be done. and even if it wont work, you could always go back to old method. Its need to be tried in my opinion (and by many others by previous threads).

Comment

Working...
                        X