Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A possible way to make TWL (can't believe im posting this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible way to make TWL (can't believe im posting this)

Hi!! \o/
    This is something I wrote down when I was a bit bored at night and something that runs in my mind for some time, ever since cops brought the idea actually.
    This is just an idea, so just feel free to bring your opinion about it. If it ever will be done (and Ill be happy to help), it can be changed to fit more and more to our ways of playing.

This is the league I believe will be good for our competition:

Trench Wars League Duel {A}
    ============================
    1) TWLD Champion
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7) Relegate
    8) Relegate

Trench Wars League Duel {B}
    ============================

1) Promot
    2) Promot
    3) TWD
    4) TWD
    5) TWD
    6) TWD
    7) TWD
    8) TWD

Fixture will be as arranged before start of the season:

Week 1 - 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5
    week 2 - 3v7 4v6 7v8 1v2
    week 3 - 4v1 5v7 6v8 3v2
    week 4 - 1v3 8v5 7v6 4v2
    week 5 - 8v2 7v1 6v5 3v4
    week 6 - 4v7 8v3 1v5 2v6
    week 7 - 1v6 7v3 5v2 4v8

In League {B}, Squads will be placed according to TWD
    position during off-season. Squads who are placed on
    Leage {A} have a secure place according to their last
    season results. If a squad in League {A} dissolve, All
    the ranks are going up (meaning, the first squad in
    League {B} will promot automatically, and a squad will
    Promot to League {B} from TWD ranking). Same goes for
    League {B} positions if squad dissolve or can't appear.

Each squad will play once against all other squads in
    League. Since there is no Home - Away issues, No need
    2 games. If a squad win, they get 2 points. Losing squad
    get none. At the end, the squad with most points in {A}
    will WIN TWL championship. place 7 and 8 will Relegate
    to League {B}. In league {B}, the 2 top squads with most
    points will have secure place in League {A} and a chance
    to fight for the TWL championship. No relegation from
    Leauge {B}, since the places of the squads are based on
    TWD position, meaning every squad will have chance to
    compete for promotion and winning the championship.

If the top two places in League {A} end up with the same
    points, the squad with better K : D ratio will win the
    championship. Same as for relegation. If K : D is also
    the same (should be rare), a match will be played
    between the squads.

This method will force squads to invest both in TWD
    and during the whole season.
    For League {A} to play TWD, it might be wise to rank
    them in that league according to the TWD ranking position, so
    the fixtures will be comfortable for the top squads.
    It will make the competition much more better for the top squads,
    the middle squads and even weak squads. The level in each
    League will be balanced, and more squads will have chance to play
    and compete - 16 instead of 12 now, but much more balanced!
    since the leagues will be separate from each other.

In TWBD, the leagues should be of 6 teams only, since
    there are not enough basing squads avilable in the TWD
    pool...

Overall this should run 8 weeks (2 months) of playing and 2 months of "off-season".By that, squads can reform, dissolve, recruit and mostly, play TWD to get ready for the next season.

P.S
    I think also there should be a commission of 5 staffers who will supervise it. It will bring more idea and ways to improve and will neutralize suspicions for favoritism. So to make decisions that will affect the league, it will be required majority of 3 votes. Also ZH and other ER will have to help to host the games and run everything (just like normal TWL, nothing changed about that).

P.S.S
    The idea of more rounds for TWLD and TWLJ can be implement here.
    Last edited by FarScape; 04-26-2008, 07:22 PM.

In before disapproval.

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
      4v5
      in before quicksand's approval.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

In before flaming.

Comment

in before another in
          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

out.
            Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
              in before quicksand's approval.
              rofl!!
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

in before support of idea based on concise, rational arguments

(hahahahaha)
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I don't remember ever proposing this idea... I don't even understand what the idea is.
                  it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

farscape, the more words you put into a post, the more unintelligible it becomes.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

K
                      the idea is to make two leagues, upper and lower devisions, to change the way squads compete in TWL. I explained in my words how it can be done and how it will balance the competition and make it more competitive.

Sorry its sounds unintelligible, you are right, tell me what is not understandable and Ill try to explain.

Comment

It is understandable but there are some but's, Like we got enough decent/active squads for this?
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                          I don't remember ever proposing this idea... I don't even understand what the idea is.
                          help?
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
                            It is understandable but there are some but's, Like we got enough decent/active squads for this?
                            well I took the details from TWD site. In TWDD and TWJD there are enough active squads, around 20+ in each league. If you look on the number of games that squads had played, the first 20 squads played 50 games and more. In the premier league (A) most of the squads will be those who are loyal (example: Disoblige, Quicksand, Spastic ects). Since those squads are usually achieving TWL, there is no reason why we wont have at least 8 stable squads in the first league.
                            So the main effort wont be only to get the TWL championship by winning the most points, but also to strive to get points to be safe from relegation!
                            It will raise the competition and make things more interesting.

For the second league {B}, TWD position will determine who will get a place into that league. But since we got two squads that relegate from the first league, only 6 places are available. So we got 16 Squads in two divisions, with more balanced skill level in each league, more interest should be for everyone.

One problem that might be, is people who will bitch about being in the second league, feeling its not worth for them (too much ego, you know how it is here). So if squad will relegate it might dissolve, or players might leave for better squads.
                            If squads will stay loyal it should work. Usually, like in soccer, in the second league the competition is even higher than the top league. The reason for this is that we got really few top squads who are master skillful, and mostly squads who are around the same level.

In base its a problem since the base community is small, so I just suggested to make the leagues smaller (only 6 squads instead of 8, 12 squads overall, just like TWLB as it is now).

And for cops, I think it was you, maybe I'm wrong. I remember someone brought this up before me, I just took it a bit forward and arranged it more ore less.

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
                              well I took the details from TWD site. In TWDD and TWJD there are enough active squads, around 20+ in each league. If you look on the number of games that squads had played, the first 20 squads played 50 games and more. In the premier league (A) most of the squads will be those who are loyal (example: Disoblige, Quicksand, Spastic ects). Since those squads are usually achieving TWL, there is no reason why we wont have at least 8 stable squads in the first league.
                              So the main effort wont be only to get the TWL championship by winning the most points, but also to strive to get points to be safe from relegation!
                              It will raise the competition and make things more interesting.

For the second league {B}, TWD position will determine who will get a place into that league. But since we got two squads that relegate from the first league, only 6 places are available. So we got 16 Squads in two divisions, with more balanced skill level in each league, more interest should be for everyone.

One problem that might be, is people who will bitch about being in the second league, feeling its not worth for them (too much ego, you know how it is here). So if squad will relegate it might dissolve, or players might leave for better squads.
                              If squads will stay loyal it should work. Usually, like in soccer, in the second league the competition is even higher than the top league. The reason for this is that we got really few top squads who are master skillful, and mostly squads who are around the same level.

In base its a problem since the base community is small, so I just suggested to make the leagues smaller (only 6 squads instead of 8, 12 squads overall, just like TWLB as it is now).

And for cops, I think it was you, maybe I'm wrong. I remember someone brought this up before me, I just took it a bit forward and arranged it more ore less.
                              you act like you just made this idea up or something... seriously get real

you just scrolled back like 10 pages of posts to find mine or rickos etc posts that say the exact same things about the two league thing

just bump those or something cuz you have added nothing new
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X