Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A possible way to make TWL (can't believe im posting this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes it was you :-D

As I said, its not my idea so drop down your ego. You didn't offer a system like this, or at least I didn't see anything that was written in the way I just showed here.

This is something I wrote down when I was a bit bored at night and something that runs in my mind for some time, ever since cops brought the idea actually.
    well, so its Exalt, sorry for the mistake.

Comment

It all boils down to what someone else said, not enough squads. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE. ADVERTISE. I try to advert this game on EVERY forum I am on (Which isn't many, but still). More people would rock, I would love to see 100-150 squads registered in ladders. Then this idea would have merit. Note: I didn't read the actual idea, just that there were too different leagues, from this I extrapolated that one would move up the B league to get into the A league..I may be wrong. Anyway...go advertise you lazy bastards.
      _-Tri/p_

Comment

This is a good idea, but you're right that squads won't stick around. I don't like the idea of competing for two years to earn a title. Also, people will squad hop more maybe. I see how you modeled this off of soccer leagues, which probably don't have player restrictions like you can't move to a lower league and play for a team there in the same year as you did for a top tier team.
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
          This is a good idea, but you're right that squads won't stick around. I don't like the idea of competing for two years to earn a title. Also, people will squad hop more maybe. I see how you modeled this off of soccer leagues, which probably don't have player restrictions like you can't move to a lower league and play for a team there in the same year as you did for a top tier team.
          The idea is not to run this every year, but every 2 months. TWL is a big event in TW, that attract big interest for many people. 8 squads that play against each other, meaning they will play 7 times. add 1 pre-season preparation match and its a league (and system) that run for 8 weeks (two months). After that, take a break of 2-3 months so squads could compete in TWD (so new squads could enter the lower league and top squads can fight for fixture positions). As it known, TWD is open competition, no pressure for squads to bring players every week, free time, free choosing of squads to play against...
          so its should be kinda off pressure before the big event.

For your second part, I never said this is how the league should be. I just gave a way, a continuation for Exalt idea. Many things can be changed to fit it as best as it could to TWL playing style. Its just a suggestion overall.
          For example: If there is not enough squads, we could have 6 squads instead of 8.
          I just wrote down a possible foundation.

Eventually, a good game play with strong system will attract players to the game. People love competition. And if it wont work, we could always go back to the current system.
          Last edited by FarScape; 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

i really want the amateur/pro league idea that myself and exalt put forward and farscape has added to, put into practice. It really would revive twl, but talking to twl ops the only problem they have right now is that they dont believe there are enough squads right now who can compete competitively, so i pledge to people to get out there and make decent squads! also call up old friends who played this game and get them back here.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

SOMETHING certainly needs to be done...i'm willing to support anything (like it matters) that would see more players having fun out here.
              _-Tri/p_

Comment

Originally posted by FarScape View Post
                I explained in my words
                Ah, hmm hmm
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                X