TWD activity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD activity!

So, in utter complete boredom on a monday afternoon and with little to do as my exam period is over, I spent 5 minutes adding up every twd match played over the past 2 weeks since the final TWD reset to see if activity in tw has decreased, and I was pleasantly suprised! Back in 03/04 I saw a posting on twd site saying that a new record had been made for most twd games played on one day; this was 60 games between the 3 leagues (dueling, javving and basing). With this statistic I decided to see if much had changed since then regarding twd and this is what I found over the past two weeks:

Note: I divided twd games on ladder by 2 as obviously, 2 squads are involved in each match.

480 dds in 2 weeks = 34 a day
    199 bds in 2 weeks = 14 bds a day
    365 jds in 2 weeks = 26 jds a day

Total average of TWD games played per day: 74

This shows that TWD is much more active than it was back in 03/04 when people believe activity was at its highest, but these new statistics over the last 2 weeks clearly show that right now, TWD is at its peak with an average of 14 more games played per day than the record set 4 years ago! Believe it people!
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

wow,
    this suprises me

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Seriously?
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

i'll believe it.

as the population ages, there's less people playing alone without squads. Squads don't play in pub really, hardly anyone does now. Elim/tourny have been down. Boring events get overhosted. what's left to do? play a dd

this is a good thing for competition, not necessarily good for all other arenas (even less people playing in them )
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
          TWD is at its peak
          You state no evidence to support this statement. TWD is clearly less active today than it has been over the past few years, anyone can see that. The 60 game record was probably shortly after TWD started, well before it reached its actual peak.

Comment

Are you sure about this? 76 games a day is an impressive number, give the current TW population. Yet I do recall that for a short period the average was well over 120 games/day (with peaks of ~160), this was when TW would have over 800 players online at a time.

Comment

76 games a day doesn't mean shit when we can't break 400.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                this
                https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                1:soild>they can say what they like
                1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

76 isnt that much really, i remember Lethal Dose.. they dide 21 dd's in 1 day ... that's 1 friggin squad man, ok that was a ridiculous day, but i'm just saying 76 aint that much , we can do alot more, let's play our ballz off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                    We broke 400 Yesterday, 406 to be exact: http://stats.trenchwars.org/index.php?a=zone&id=121 the max on the 24 hour graph is 406 as I write this.

Comment

76 games a day at roughly 400 vs 120 games a day at 800...

Well, today that means roughly 19% of the zone is involved in TWD on a daily basis whereas before only 15% of the zone is involved in TWD on a daily basis. Not saying that 400 population is better than 800 but at least the zone is more competitive (beyond pub).
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

TW is just becoming more consolidated. Of course we don't have as many people on the server as we used to, it's an aging game. The good news is that more people are venturing out of pub and into squads than before. People are making an effort to participate in the competition of TW, and for the majority of those that post of the forum, this means when we log on, there's more of a possibility to play a competitive match.

Of course we're rarely going to have 200+ WWIII these days, but that was never the point of this game, it was just a nice weekend novelty. I think that introducing even one or two people to this game, and getting them into the squad system is more important than advertising the game with posters and throwing people into a slightly complicated community that pretty much ignores public arenas. The people that are blindly invited to the game are going to be discouraged by the pub system most likely and never get to the next level of the TW community.

Comment

Question

What's up with the "tutorial" arena? I agree it's way too complicated to pick this game up without someone sitting over your shoulder. It will definitely help to have a tutorial for beginners (and not more f6 messages).

I definitely remember about 2 wks ago someone in pub said that they just d/l'd the game because of a review they saw on the internet. Even with people actually trying to help the guy instead of telling him to "gtfo noob" or to shoot by pressing "esc + q", he seemed to get pretty frustrated and left. The help messages aren't a bad start, but I've been hearing about the tutorial arena being "in the works" for at least a year. I'm starting to think it's too little too late, but I wouldn't give up on it.
                          .fffffffff_____
                          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                          .fffffff\______/
                          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                          .fffff\________/
                          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                          .fff\__________/

Comment

The help ticker is more annoying then anything, with all the chatter going on and ships blowing up everywhere it is all too much for a new player to even get a chance to pay attention to the help ticker much.
                            rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                            rEnZi> its crazy
                            rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                            X