No announcement yet.

++++ Small Weasel Petition ++++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '1.Make it tiny. It needs to be able to sneak into the FR from roof and disrupt an entrenched enemy team."

EXACTLY! Its we todd it they wont lsiten to the palyers and make it how we want it.

last minute flag saves from the roof were VERY EXCITING. now never happens
    LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

• Maybe you should worry less about ship 6 and more about grade 6.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• do it already. just bring the small weasel back for a month. no ones gonna commit suicide over it. eventually there be a thread about making it big again, till then lets just change it back.
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by raizin View Post
          do it already. just bring the small weasel back for a month. no ones gonna commit suicide over it. eventually there be a thread about making it big again, till then lets just change it back.
          FUCK that. Basing in public areans has already been pretty much destroyed. Small weasels WITHOUT an increased flag buffer time would be ridiculous. I for one would stop basing in publics completely (which I'm already on the verge of doing). I have more fun laming than basing because there's usually nobody to base with.

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
          The problem with the small cloakers was that it was waaaaay too easy to reset the flag. Like I said, if the reset buffer was set to 10 seconds it wouldn't be a big deal.

Doing this would have 2 effects, first it would make sure that if the flag is grabbed by the opposing freq it was at least a TEAM effort. It requires more than 1 or 2 cloakers to hold the flag for at least 10 seconds. It would also decrease the impulse people have to change to the small cloaker when the round is almost up so we don't see the cloaker vs. jav match that eventually happens.

If the reset buffer was set to 10 seconds I'd actually prefer the small cloaker.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
            FUCK that. Basing in public areans has already been pretty much destroyed. Small weasels WITHOUT an increased flag buffer time would be ridiculous. I for one would stop basing in publics completely (which I'm already on the verge of doing). I have more fun laming than basing because there's usually nobody to base with.
            Let's put it this way: if the terrs/javs/lancs with xradar can't handle a cloaker trying to sneak in, which is what they would be supposed to do, they suck and deserve to have the timer reset. If the cloaker was able to do that he might just as well have killed the terr, and if there were more than one terr, more reason for him to be dead. However I'm personally for increasing the flag buffer SLIGHTLY, maybe to 5 seconds or whatever, if only for the sake of normal basing, so that you would actually have to gain some control over the flag. Along with reseting the timer being harder to do, I would propose extending the flag timer to 5 minutes: having to make more of an effort to hold the base, losses would not be so quick and a win would feel like a win. Close games would take longer to finish.

Please do make the weasel small again. It's an interesting property for a ship and adds another layer of complexity to the flagging game.

Comment

• keep the timer as is, just bring back the little weasel with nothing else changed. like it used to be. just give the players what they want, how hard can it be???

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Comment

• I didn't want to sound like a dick but here goes, you're all pretty fucking dumb. What does it matter to you if the flag buffer time is changed? If all you want to do is fly your tiny little ship and shoot stuff.

The only reason you'd care is because you enjoyed ruining the basing game and want to ruin it again. Lucky for you morons LTs do a damn good job of that on their own. Go LT and stop crying. Or... compromise like someone with half a fucking brain.

If you're not willing to compromise and offer solutions to problems then all you're doing is bitching and that's not helping those of us who ARE trying to find compromise/solutions.
                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I didn't want to sound like a dick but here goes, you're all pretty fucking dumb. What does it matter to you if the flag buffer time is changed? If all you want to do is fly your tiny little ship and shoot stuff.

The only reason you'd care is because you enjoyed ruining the basing game and want to ruin it again. Lucky for you morons LTs do a damn good job of that on their own. Go LT and stop crying. Or... compromise like someone with half a fucking brain.

If you're not willing to compromise and offer solutions to problems then all you're doing is bitching and that's not helping those of us who ARE trying to find compromise/solutions.
                  Are you a complete fucking moron? Basers dont play in levi arena u dumb little shit. We want the small x back in pure pub to bring back the excitement of last second saves, and more back and forth action. So get a fucking clue and stfu.

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Comment

• hey steve post your flute
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                    Originally posted by the_paul
                    Gargle battery acid fuckface
                    Originally posted by Material Girl
                    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• I agree with Teh Super and disagree with Kontrolz about the flag reset time. Ten seconds is so long that a flag save would be almost impossible unless the entire enemy team were decimated. That takes some of the excitement out of the game. Pub teams often consist of one or two decent basers and a terr, with the rest either unskillful or cowardly rec whores, so I think it's important to preserve the ability for one or two determined and coordinated players to steal the flag, which they basically could not with a 10 second buffer. The threat of the flag save, even from an outmatched team, even if it fails, can also be enough to shake up the entrance guard and give the underdog team a shot at getting in.

On top of that, weasel infiltration was easy to defend against. Be a lanc, jav, terr or weasel and camp near the flag. Get a shark to mine the roof holes. Mine the flag (yeah I know, but it's pub). Slow-bomb the other holes. Tell the terrier to set a portal on the flag. Etc.

And it's not necessarily some sadistic urge to spoil the game that people would try to weasel for the flag. It was to keep the game alive when your crap ass team just wasn't cutting the mustard, either by giving them 3 more minutes, or creating enough of a distraction to disrupt the defense and encourage chicken-shit teammates to enter.

A series of short rounds means teams are lopsided and people lose interest in the game. A series of long rounds is more exciting, and the victories more hard fought. If you compare the worst case scenarios, I think the drawbacks are fewer for the drawn out rounds than for the streak of 3 minute rounds.
                      Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                      2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• Originally posted by bandcampgirl View Post
                        Are you a complete fucking moron? Basers dont play in levi arena u dumb little shit. We want the small x back in pure pub to bring back the excitement of last second saves, and more back and forth action. So get a fucking clue and stfu.
                        I've played this game for a decade. I've played public areans in tw for 9 years. I was the one who told qan to add the original flag buffer time in the first place. I was on the first public committee. I have a clue. Who the fuck are you?

Basers DO base with levis, mainly because there is often no choice because the other public is dead from lack of population.

You can get the excitement of a last second save by having it be a TEAM EFFORT, which is the point of basing. If you want a shiny object to fight over while you duel then ask for powerballs, seriously. Maybe that would give the duelers something to do other than drift aimlessly and try to spawn kill basers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
                          I agree with Teh Super and disagree with Kontrolz about the flag reset time. Ten seconds is so long that a flag save would be almost impossible unless the entire enemy team were decimated (point of taking the base). That takes some of the excitement out of the game. Pub teams often consist of one or two decent basers and a terr, with the rest either unskillful or cowardly rec whores, so I think it's important to preserve the ability for one or two determined and coordinated players to steal the flag, which they basically could not with a 10 second buffer. The threat of the flag save, even from an outmatched team, even if it fails, can also be enough to shake up the entrance guard and give the underdog team a shot at getting in.

On top of that, weasel infiltration was easy to defend against. Be a lanc, jav, terr or weasel and camp near the flag. Get a shark to mine the roof holes. Mine the flag (yeah I know, but it's pub). Slow-bomb the other holes. Tell the terrier to set a portal on the flag. Etc. (this is what causes the jav vs. weasel match and ruins basing, I've seen over and over)

And it's not necessarily some sadistic urge to spoil the game that people would try to weasel for the flag. It was to keep the game alive when your crap ass team just wasn't cutting the mustard, either by giving them 3 more minutes, or creating enough of a distraction to disrupt the defense and encourage chicken-shit teammates to enter. (when your crap ass team is sucking then the last thing they need is a pointless weasel, how about a shark, terr, spid? something to help take the base AND WIN)

A series of short rounds means teams are lopsided and people lose interest in the game. A series of long rounds is more exciting, and the victories more hard fought. If you compare the worst case scenarios, I think the drawbacks are fewer for the drawn out rounds than for the streak of 3 minute rounds. (when the small cloaker was around people would quit all the time when a small x stole the flag because they wanted to BASE, not hunt cloakers)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontrolz
                            (point of taking the base)
                            In my opinion in an evenish flagroom battle (where neither of the teams is able to e.g. constantly drop sharks to protect the flag), which would be the perfect situation to be described here, the timer should be constantly reset and neither of the teams should be registered time. With such a long delay, it would be hard to reset and the team originally having control of the fr would be at an advantage. By your own logic, by that time they have already lost enough of the control to have the timer reset for either team to grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teh Super View Post
                              In my opinion in an evenish flagroom battle (where neither of the teams is able to e.g. constantly drop sharks to protect the flag), which would be the perfect situation to be described here, the timer should be constantly reset and neither of the teams should be registered time. With such a long delay, it would be hard to reset and the team originally having control of the fr would be at an advantage. By your own logic, by that time they have already lost enough of the control to have the timer reset for either team to grab.
                              There would be an even chance for both teams to be the first team to grab the flag though. So it's not like one team has an unfair advantage the other team doesn't.

Comment

There would be an even chance for both teams to be the first team to grab the flag though. So it's not like one team has an unfair advantage the other team doesn't.
                                Well the outcome of the game shouldn't concentrate too much on the few seconds at the start because the idea of pub as I see it is that the game can keep going and that there's always hope for the losing team since people keep popping in and leaving at random times. (In the extreme, if this isn't taken to be the principle to follow you might just as well implement the time race as in ?go base.)

You might say that the outcome of the game concentrates on the start of the game as well if the other team is destroyed and sent to spawn since holding the base is advantageous to attacking but cleaning the fr is hell of a lot harder than having one player suicide the flag ASAP, thus giving your team the advantage. Bringing it back to the point in my previous post.

Of course, it's only my opinion - it's debatable whether the advantage is that great. I guess you could claim the flag successfully with 2 sharks on it timing their reps but I think we should consider the reality of pub: how often are there 2 repping sharks on a team, not to mention that can time? Now to require also the OTHER team to have the same to have any kind of a chance would be a bit harsh IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X