++++ Small Weasel Petition ++++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JD MoFo;649505]come on.

if you mods or whatever are going to ignore our opinions, atleast open another poll to let us decide.

thats what i tried doing originally, but i guess only mods..etc can start polls.

what you people dont realise is, i can cloak for inifity and camp where ever the hell i want, which really is rather unfair.

power managment on small weasel took skill, and you didnt have to cloak to be a decent x when it was small. youre all just shooting yourself in the foot if you vote against it really.

thank you for your repeated efforts of input raver [/QUOTE]
    sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
    I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
    tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
    im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
    i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

*bump*

10 to 5 for small weasel so far

please at least put this to a poll and put an advert for it.

how long has the current pub poll/advert been up?

we need ACTION people!
      .fffffffff_____
      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
      .fffffff\______/
      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
      .fffff\________/
      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
      .fff\__________/

Comment

x or X

I vote for X.

Comment

THERE ARE PLUS SIGNS IN THE TITLE BUT I DON'T SEE ANY MATH. f
          f

Comment

My rant, on weasel

Hear my story.

I remembered the first time I login to TW after 5 years of inactivity. I tried out ship 6, weasel. I found out that it has become 1 tile large. I was stunned, with excitement.

Back then, I've always been trying to figure out its usefulness, with little luck. I didn't have the proper tactic. Upon my return, discovering the change, I though to myself, "They must have taken advantage of new features of this new client(continuum), nice one". I was hooked into experiencing the ship, once again.

I believe I did a good job. The small x was indeed helpful to the team. I sneaked in and out, hit terrier in base and on roof, interfered enemy actions and consolidated our hold. With the small x, I was able to go beyone killing, and touch the deeper aspect - psychological warfare. As I annoyed my opponent more, joy filled my heart - for I know this only help my team more. As they got distracted more from other important objectives, my job will only get easier. I found a niche for the weasel, a unique role which no other ships can perform as good. Weasel was more than a killing machine or a hitman, it was a spy behind enemy lines, wrecking havoc in covert, creating confusion and promoting disorder.

Things changed yet again. A few months ago, pub map switched into one of The Unliked One's works. The staff then made weasel big again, but they only changed the size. They still have finite invisibility, x-radar was still available. Apparently this was because they were 2 extra side entrance into the flag room, and therefore one can sneak in without being small enough to squeeze through 1-tile-large holes. I found it reasonable enough, so I accepted the change.

However, a month or two later, people decided that they weren't happy with the new map, so the old map returned. Yet, the small weasel did not.

I asked why.

Kolar answered my question in a thread which have, unfortunately, been accidentally erased. He mentioned a point which is vaguely about "the small x being overpowered" and so "we will not be seeing the small x in a while, if ever". Detailed explaination on its shortcoming towards gameplay was never given.

Even then, my interest in weasel did not perish. With increased knowledge I was able to wield the old, big X also as good, even findind out which job the big one was able to do better. I adapted, but I do not accept. I stand firm that the small x provided a better personal gameplay experience and make the game more engaging and exciting to all participant.

You may not be interested to my story, but if you care enough to read this thread, I believe you would at least be interested in advantages of having small weasel in Trench Wars:
            • Fill a unique niche of covert operation, providing variation to personal gameplay options.
            • Add extra possibilities (eg. sneaking flag) to the game in general, creating an element of surprise.
            • Make the game more engaging by keeping the winning team on its toe, as they would know their opponent may use dire tactic - One shall remain vigilant even when you control majority of indoor area.
            • Deepen the mindgame aspect of Trench Wars experience.
            While making weasel small does not:
            • Make the ship more powerful. The ship have sub-par agility and limited firing range in the beginning. It trade off items(rep & rocket) for its tiny size.
            • Make the ship less skillful in use. As said above, the ship would not be suitable for normal combat and rely on covert tactics. What it seems a less need for fighting skills, call for much greater deal on sneaking skills.
            • Make Weasel top of the food chain. Obvious counters (ships wit X-radar) are always available and those options are open to everyone.
            I see no points into why we should take a step backward and keep the obsolete weasel setting - Enlighten me if you know why.

If you are one of those who would like to see the end of "lame cloakers" and just want weasel removed, do let words be known too. Let's try to form a consensus for the better future of Trench Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by JD MoFo View Post
              Hi there Chumps.

This is a Petition for the weasels to be changed back to being small again! as they are shit as they are basically, what crackhead decided it was a good to fuck around with a decent sip.

basically just sign it, show your support for ship 6

As for you pathetic forum trolls that will flame me for even thinking about small weasels, bring it on arseholes. I'd love to hear your bullshit whining about the issue.

Many thanks.
              Regen
              A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Dack Falu View Post
                THERE ARE PLUS SIGNS IN THE TITLE BUT I DON'T SEE ANY MATH. f
                I used it as a trick to make the title of this thread look mega cool

bump

POLL PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Hell Yea Big Weasel Or Nightwasp For The Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                    Hell Yea Big Weasel Or Nightwasp For The Win!
                    this
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Well this version of Nightwasp pretty much obliterates any form of pure public, would be much better if it just had emp bombs and level 1/2 bullets but that will probably never happen, so stick with the big Weasel and shadap.
                      FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
                      Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
                      FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
                      Burzum> meaning what
                      Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
                      RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

i hate weasels.

but i vote for X. use the same holes as us. being unique doesn't make u useful.
                        Last edited by Imperian; 08-04-2008, 10:42 AM.

Comment

NO beacuase this is not what pub should look like.

bad enough they even did that with decoys as well
                          ?find dads revenge

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
                            (pic)

NO beacuase this is not what pub should look like.

bad enough they even did that with decoys as well
                            1. Tell us how frequent this happen. What does it prove anyway? Small x being overpowered? Everyone use warbirds, is warbird overpowered? No. In a ?go base game, 60% of ship played are spiders, is spider overpowered? No.

The only thing the screenshot can prove is that there are quite a number of people who love the small weasel, so much that they would start a weasel party for the fun of it.

The majority of time, only 1 or 2 people per arena would hop in weasel. Such rare incident as shown in the screenshot just can't show us the real picture. Attempting to distort the truth isn't helping anyone.

2. Who can really have a say on how pub should look like? Okay, the developer maybe. But still, it's always up to the player to play within the rules of the game as they see fit. It's entirely OK to spawn, It's entirely OK to LT, it's entirely OK to spider turret, it's entirely OK to camp safe. So what's wrong with mass cloaker, then? What's wrong with all that I've mentioned, which are all deviations from the Major aspect of the zone, basing, and the minor dueling aspect?

Games are meant to be fun. This screenshot is suggesting that people are having fun with weasel - why would people play with a toy which is not fun? I see the transition from big weasel to small weasel as an improvement, increasing the "fun value" of the game. By taking out the small weasel, you took out part of the fun... Do you think that is good to the game?

As said in my previous post, the small weasel is a fine ship, a major step forward with regards to ship 6, and to TW as a whole. I've yet to see anyone trying to explain why the small weasel is NOT fine... Please tell me, if you believe I'm wrong, which part is flawed in my reasoning.

Please, those who think small weasel is overpowered, tell everyone how you managed to kill me - if your answer is "because Andy H.K. sucks" then please, too, tell everyone.... how I managed to beat you.
                            Last edited by Andy H.K.; 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM. Reason: typo: pepple lol

Comment

some cheese with your whine?

Comment

it's not a fucking whine, it's fucking petition.

'they' changed the ship from what the people who actually played liked --to something else

SO FAR,

there's been VERY FEW people who have said that they like the large X in general. Most that have stated they like the large X over the small x, also have mentioned that they dislike the ship to begin with. This isn't a debate over whether or not to only have 7 ships, it's a debate as to which ship is better for the game, the X or the x.

THE ONLY WAY THE LITTLE X IS MORE "POWERFUL" is that it can go through holes, and occasionally dodge a shot that would otherwise kill it.

THE SEVERAL WAYS THE LARGE X IS MORE "POWERFUL" are that it can cloak indefinately, it cannot police itself with xradar, it can repel mines (allowing it into fr, akin to being small and going through holes), and it can rocket your ass.

THERE IS NO REASONING THAT THE LARGE X IS BETTER, ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE IT IN GENERAL WANT IT TO BE LESS PLAYABLE FOR OTHERS.

this shouldn't even have to be debated, bring back the ship the way it was before. you don't see people clamouring for 1-hit kill lancs do you?
                                .fffffffff_____
                                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                                .fffffff\______/
                                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                                .fffff\________/
                                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                                .fff\__________/