Major decrease in event hosting quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
    Now i'm not going to pretend i am the best host ever, neither are all of my events without the occasional fuckup. But I have these points I would like to make to our newer hosts.

I'm not saying i get this right always but this is what you should be aiming for.
    1. Preparation is half the battle. Have your shit worked out before you zone the event.
      That means bot is ready and loaded with all the stuff you want as much as possible, you have macros worked out.
    2. Spelling & Grammer. Make sure what you are writing makes sence and looks tidy. I'm not a good speller but by using correct capitalisation and grammer, my spelling mistakes will most of the time get overlooked.
      Try to use English and not txt speach. Ensure after anything you say in green where you are speaking you add -%selfname
    3. Start basic.
      Alot of new hosts seem to try host some of the more difficult events before they've got the basics correct.
    4. Clear explaination of event rules.
      Explain the event clearly and make sure everyone understands.
      Not every will know how to play even if its a popular event.
    5. Monitor the event. Don't go AFK half way though.
    6. You fuck up... don't panic...just restart the event if necessery, if its not really gonna make a difference to the event (you stick the levi in the wrong tube in ?go guess for example) ...don't stress out about it.
    7. Know the event you are hosting offer good tips to newbies to help them enjoy it.
    8. One new thing per event.
      Only test out 1 new thing on a host at a time. Less room for something to go wrong (this include fancy twscript stuff). Even better is to test a new idea in the one of rounds of the host
    9. Test new events privatly before even thinking about a zone host, goes without saying.
    10. Be Freaking Original. make the event your own in some way not use some generic version of it.
    these are all great points. preparation is everything. When I was an ER, and I was far from the best, I had all of my commands macro'd, and a sheet beside me listing which macro was which, in case I forgot what left shift f5 was, or whatever.

Also, try something NEW. Host a warbird event in a jav arena, host events we rarely see (lasertag, trenchopol, turf games, etc) Do super somethings in deathmatch, super spiders, super terriers, stuff we don't see often.

I used to get my most props for doing .?go javs 2 with randomly prized decoys, super, rockets and stuff like that. Give people 30 kills, and let them go nuts.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
      I used to get my most props for doing .?go javs 2 with randomly prized decoys, super, rockets and stuff like that. Give people 30 kills, and let them go nuts.
      retarded javs ftw

Comment

As you all know i strive for creativity, and overall event fun.

just today, we tried ?go guess w/ weasel hiders on solo freqs.

it worked well, and the anonimity (sp) of hiding was honored by the cloaking weasels (all on seperate freqs).

I will bring my whip to the next hosted event i go to, just to keep everyone in line.
        6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
        6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
        6:Screamo> err
        6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
        1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
        1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
        1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct

(ignite)>There is a new currency on the market, the IGNITE

Comment

WPE says shes better than me. I agree, thats why i want her in the kitchen more. ?go deathmatch -H.M.S. Stargazer

YAY DM! MY FAVORITE!!!

WPE and goign to be UFO'd. Everyone has 20 lives.

wow, way to ruin an event HMS you fucking suck.
          (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
          (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
          (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
          (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
          (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
            WPE says shes better than me. I agree, thats why i want her in the kitchen more. ?go deathmatch -H.M.S. Stargazer

YAY DM! MY FAVORITE!!!

WPE and goign to be UFO'd. Everyone has 20 lives.

wow, way to ruin an event HMS you fucking suck.
            Well, in my defense.

1) Those who played found it amusing and enjoyed it.
            2) You hate me, so who gives a flying fuck what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
              Well, in my defense.

1) Those who played found it amusing and enjoyed it.
              2) You hate me, so who gives a flying fuck what you think?
              umm i remember majority of those who showed up smashing their F11 key once you spat out those rediculous event rules.
              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                umm i remember majority of those who showed up smashing their F11 key once you spat out those rediculous event rules.
                It was 7 players, and 3 asked to come in late :P

Comment

indeed they are crap

the best <ER> ever with his sunday events like MATRIX,BUG,... is

NYCLE <ER>

I miss the sunday events like matrix,bug,twcity was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                    indeed they are crap

the best <ER> ever with his sunday events like MATRIX,BUG,... is

NYCLE <ER>

I miss the sunday events like matrix,bug,twcity was a lot of fun.
                    i think i actually logged in for a sunday event of WW3 once lately. i was very un impressed and now enjoy not playing sunday events, i wish hosts were still witty and fun.

Comment

Oh right we have ''sunday events'' but a few years ago there weren't any so it was just a normal sunday when Nycle would host.

Those sunday events suck, they stop tourny and let us play a stupid game.

Comment

That was Left_Eye's thing. I refuse to kill tourny. I have previously posted about how Tourny is getting reset, and this will mean rankings are important again.

Weekend events are important too, but we HAD done the same 8 events every month. Krazie <ER> is working on that as well.

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                          That was Left_Eye's thing. I refuse to kill tourny. I have previously posted about how Tourny is getting reset, and this will mean rankings are important again.

Weekend events are important too, but we HAD done the same 8 events every month. Krazie <ER> is working on that as well.

Hopefully this helps.
                          yea we needed to be more strict and ban events like journey
                          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

What's wrong with journy? Best map ever in the history of Subspace.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                              What's wrong with journy? Best map ever in the history of Subspace.
                              journey is awesome!

Comment

No problems with journey per se... but every 4 weeks? thats a little extreme for a weekend event.

Comment

Working...
                                X