Should TWDT come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should TWDT come back?

I have been offered to start up TWDT again some time in the spring or summer. Would just like to gather people's thoughts on whether I should bring it back or not. Also any suggestions on rule changes, any volunteers to assist, anyone who wants to form a ranking committee post-twl. Just looking for opinions and any constructive criticism.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

one thing i noticed that a lot of people didn't like was the elimination format. a team who performs really well in one division should not be knocked out. candy king had a really strong performance in javs and likely could have at least been competitive in wbs in the playoffs, but because they didn't do well in basing they didn't get to showcase themselves in either division. that, to me, is not fair. i suggest setting up separate eliminations for each division. that way everybody has something to look forward to even if they get knocked out of their favorite division.

do that, and close up all the loopholes that popped up (mainly the captains overbidding on high-profile free agents, then dropping and re-bidding), and you should be good to go. i'll sleep on it and see if i think of anything else.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
      one thing i noticed that a lot of people didn't like was the elimination format. a team who performs really well in one division should not be knocked out. candy king had a really strong performance in javs and likely could have at least been competitive in wbs in the playoffs, but because they didn't do well in basing they didn't get to showcase themselves in either division. that, to me, is not fair. i suggest setting up separate eliminations for each division. that way everybody has something to look forward to even if they get knocked out of their favorite division.

do that, and close up all the loopholes that popped up (mainly the captains overbidding on high-profile free agents, then dropping and re-bidding), and you should be good to go. i'll sleep on it and see if i think of anything else.
      what he said in regards to the first part.

as long as there's enough interest i don't see why not. fine-tuning of rules is most definitely needed.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I say yes, but we gotta think about new structure. I'll volunteer to help if needed
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

It will have the full support of the ECT, and I will do what I can in that capacity to engage the support from staffers.

Comment

i'm in!
            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

What is trench wars draft tourny (lazy answer i know, not even gonna click other threads to find out)

ps trajik omg you are on quake!! who ruuu!!!!!?!?!?
              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
              beam> stfu tsunami
              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

No, I'm hosting javufc spawnfest draft tournament after twl, pz
                (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Yes
                  It gives lots of people something to do, increases the TW population (albeit temporarily); when twdt finishes events and such can be hosted and expect much higher turnouts, and the zone population will be higher than normal for a while after twdt games. It's a fun way for players to enjoy themselves and show off skills outside the twd/twl environment. Should have twdt going regularly, maybe 3-4 times a year.
                  I agree with the ideas in the previous posts.

@trajiK: Its just like a squad tourny, where ridiculous squad names like burger nipples are used, and there are three divisions: TWDTD (Trench Wars Draft Tournament Dueling), TWDTJ (Jav) and TWDTB (Basing). I think.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool last season. I am even willing to do HoN and Features for TWDT if you are interested, also I have a few ideas for new structures for the league so when you get closer to doing this let me know.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yah...TWDT was fun. I'd like to have something run 2 weeks after all star game and continue til couple weeks before TWL season. Add a little spice.

Comment

Sure bring it back I thought it was fun.

Comment

yes it should come back
                          REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

1:killah> what time is it in israel
                          1:Mr. 420> j** o'clock
                          1:killah> lool
                          1:Mr. 420> lol
                          1:Mr. 420> idk, i suck at math
                          1:Mr. 420> need a calculator
                          1:killah> i dont even kno how to work a calculator
                          1:Mr. 420> oh, thats right, u count beans
                          1:killah> ROFL

Lenny> Dameon angell, quit running back and forth from PL's house to yours.
                          Lenny> Oh wait, you don't run.
                          Democrat> LOL
                          Democrat> hes a floater
                          Democrat> he cant even shift irl

Comment

Working...
                          X