1.5 TB hard drive partitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
    There really is no toher use I can see as well. We have them at work for doing just as you noted...heavy graphic work. For gaming, all you need is a single...but I have no idea what this computer in regards to this topic is being used for. Obviously not SS TW game graphics
    It's good for people who need multiple monitor (4+) setups or intensive graphics as you mentioned. I agree it's not worth the hassle, usually, for gaming.
    The song doesn't make your hands clap,
    The hand claps make the song

Comment

my setup

1. mac mini (with windows server 2008 installed wahaha) and wall-mounted 22-inch LCD in office. my wife is a minimalist when it comes to technology, and i'm happy to oblige

2. n laptops throughout the house connected wirelessly

3. Old computer with lots of drive slots hooked up in the master closet (running linux with samba shares) used for storage. my n-router and cable modem also reside in the closet.

I map the network drives from all the computers in the house so if the wife is on one of the machines I can still do work on any of the others. If I need a beefier box (running 6 instances of visual studio can be taxing heh) I just remote into my workstation at the office and work off of that.

And if I REALLY want to save something securely, I fire it over the VPN to a raided share at the office. If I'm somewhere without VPN access I fire it over an FTP connection to one of the web servers I administer at work.
      -Dave

Comment

guys, please?

Pummel> I once ate a mans heart.
        Fluffz> so what does man meat taste like?
        Pummel> tastes like chicken
        Xog> yeah, baby chicken
        Fluffz> I SEE WHAT YOU DID THER

Comment

Originally posted by PUNK rock View Post

LOL wow i have never seen such a nerd in my life as that guy in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
            edit: yea sli why? I have an ASUS P5N-D motherboard

Forgot to say...nice board btw. I looked at that board as well when I was in the market....lots of goodies that the Ausus 750i gives ya. A lot of bang for the buck!

GL
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
            X