Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
    didnt come as a suprise =/

im just one of twenty thousand from my company alone.

im just one of over 350,000 from fortune 500 companies. im sure there will be more to follow. im less bummed because ive been tinkering with the idea of goin back to school anyways.

my mind just got made up for me =)
    blessings usually come disguised. Like ninjas!
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Gerald Celente is an expert economist and trends research who has accurately predicted everything from the fall of the soviet union to the housing bubble. if you wish to check out an interview of him two days ago please go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NsjK4E7q1A
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjyY-GW0Wb0

if you wish to see clips of the media and talking heads making fun of peter schiff in 2006 when he was saying this was all going to happen, then it all came true, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

you see peter would tell everyone on TV in 2006 what was going to happen, and they would laugh at him and say "Buy myrll lynch, the economy is getting better, real eastate will be fine, peter is crazy"

the reason why this happened is because they are non-conscious robots, just as non conscious robots here are programmed to oppose me when i speak the truth that keeps coming out.

a non-sentient non conscious robot of darkness does its programming to have no original thought and oppose those with normal consciousness who speak the truth
      Last edited by Tone; 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Oh dear lord, he's actually getting crazier.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
          it amazes me how clueless you are while you claim to know so much, they still have to make parts and service all the equipment they have sold...they have engines in semis, they have construction equipment and a bunch of other shit. so to think they are limited to just contruction is stupid, and all the roads being built......WHAT ARE THEY MOST LIKELY USING? CAT. in all these factories what are their forklifts? CAT

so basically as long as their is a shipping industry WHICH IS FOREVER Cat will stay in business

paradise> ohnoes no business expanding no houses built!! oh wait i live in Ohio where we depend on the auto industry!!!.....so yea no jobs. time to move to Texas.
          Ah yes, of course of course, I should automatically know exactly what CAT does and how they do it. Just shut the fuck up, CAT specializes in construction/highways,roads,etc, go suck some huge ass gorilla balls. Sweet mother mary catherine of josephine.

How the hell can you say I'm wrong, CAT was even mentioned on CNN about how bad they are goddamn doing. I don't understand how you and zeebu can argue that "we're doin peachy, just bad in some areas." The fuck is that? If CNN went out of their way to list CAT as a company that is in trouble then...I got this itching feeling that it could possibly mean that the company is in some goddamn trouble.

I really must be missing something here, if zeebu works for them and says only a part of them is doing bad, then wtf, lead financial analyst of caterpillar.
          4:BigKing> xD
          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
          4:BigKing> what did i do???
          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
          4:BigKing> ???? why though
          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

[QUOTE=DankNuggets;682288]i think he meant government-wise, which i can sorta attest to. i work for the state government, and they aren't laying people off anytime soon. they will simply not let out as many projects to contractors before laying off employees[QUOTE]

I wish theyd cut half the contracts in colorado springs...makes no sense to have a contracted job for something you have government slots there to do.
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

you guys realize that most refineries have been losing serious money over the past few months, right

its like when you get your texas driver's license they hand you a case of their own special kool-aid
              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Maybe so Pearl Jam...

In December, nonfarm payroll employment increased in 1 state and
                the District of Columbia, decreased in 48 states, and was unchanged
                in 1 state (Oklahoma). The only over-the-month increases in the level
                of employment were recorded in Louisiana (+3,700 or +0.2 percent) and
                the District of Columbia (+100 or less than +0.1 percent). The largest
                over-the-month decrease in the level of employment was reported in
                California (-78,200), followed by Michigan (-59,000), New York (-54,000),
                Illinois (-36,000), Indiana (-35,300), and North Carolina (-34,900).
                Idaho (-1.6 percent) experienced the largest over-the-month percentage
                decrease in employment, followed by Michigan (-1.4 percent), Hawaii and
                Indiana (-1.2 percent each), and North Carolina and New Hampshire (-0.9
                percent each). Over the year, nonfarm employment increased in 8 states
                and the District of Columbia and decreased in 42 states. Wyoming (+2.2
                percent) reported the largest over-the-year percentage increase in em-
                ployment, followed by Texas (+1.5 percent), Oklahoma (+1.0 percent),
                Alaska (+0.9 percent), and South Dakota (+0.8 percent). The largest
                over-the-year percentage decrease in employment was reported in Rhode
                Island (-4.5 percent), followed by Arizona and Idaho (-4.3 percent each),
                Michigan (-4.1 percent), and Indiana (-3.7 percent).

Funny, all the conservative states with lower taxes seem to be having a better time coping with this huge economic problem.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  Ah yes, of course of course, I should automatically know exactly what CAT does and how they do it. Just shut the fuck up, CAT specializes in construction/highways,roads,etc, go suck some huge ass gorilla balls. Sweet mother mary catherine of josephine.

How the hell can you say I'm wrong, CAT was even mentioned on CNN about how bad they are goddamn doing. I don't understand how you and zeebu can argue that "we're doin peachy, just bad in some areas." The fuck is that? If CNN went out of their way to list CAT as a company that is in trouble then...I got this itching feeling that it could possibly mean that the company is in some goddamn trouble.

I really must be missing something here, if zeebu works for them and says only a part of them is doing bad, then wtf, lead financial analyst of caterpillar.
                  you just dont grasp very much...

as a whole, cat is down. in my facility, certain areas are down. scrapers (what i was in) were down bad due to the housing market.

trucks and large mining trucks in particular are still booked up for the next 18 months or so (that means theyve already sold 18 months worth fo trucks, they just have to build them now)

so please, just shut the fuck up. yes cat is taking a hit, but they have over 100,000 people still (had over 120k, but 20k got the boot). and, contract people are the first to go, since youre not in the whole real world, i would assume you dont know that.

we had another recession a few years back (right around 2002) where cat was hurting as well. they had layoffs then, then rehired and was right back in a couple years.

please para, just shut the fuck up if you dont understand it. feel free to ask a question if you want to know how it works

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I've had less time for subspace as you guys may have noticed
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post

u suck

Comment

10% of our workforce was cut last week. I work in the advertising/marketing industry and we've been hit quite hard.
                        I work on online marketing which is holding up better than offline marketing though

-DB!
                        A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Maybe so Pearl Jam...

In December, nonfarm payroll employment increased in 1 state and
                          the District of Columbia, decreased in 48 states, and was unchanged
                          in 1 state (Oklahoma). The only over-the-month increases in the level
                          of employment were recorded in Louisiana (+3,700 or +0.2 percent) and
                          the District of Columbia (+100 or less than +0.1 percent). The largest
                          over-the-month decrease in the level of employment was reported in
                          California (-78,200), followed by Michigan (-59,000), New York (-54,000),
                          Illinois (-36,000), Indiana (-35,300), and North Carolina (-34,900).
                          Idaho (-1.6 percent) experienced the largest over-the-month percentage
                          decrease in employment, followed by Michigan (-1.4 percent), Hawaii and
                          Indiana (-1.2 percent each), and North Carolina and New Hampshire (-0.9
                          percent each). Over the year, nonfarm employment increased in 8 states
                          and the District of Columbia and decreased in 42 states. Wyoming (+2.2
                          percent) reported the largest over-the-year percentage increase in em-
                          ployment, followed by Texas (+1.5 percent), Oklahoma (+1.0 percent),
                          Alaska (+0.9 percent), and South Dakota (+0.8 percent). The largest
                          over-the-year percentage decrease
                          in employment was reported in Rhode
                          Island (-4.5 percent), followed by Arizona and Idaho (-4.3 percent each),
                          Michigan (-4.1 percent), and Indiana (-3.7 percent).

Funny, all the conservative states with lower taxes seem to be having a better time coping with this huge economic problem.
                          funny, even after reading through that large, unreadible block of text, i still don't see how you came up with those conclusions.

pretty sure those bold states are conservative. but then again you have an atypical definition for conservative.

in south carolina, a conservative staple, we're hovering just under 10% unemployement. we started the year at 6.1%, so we've gone (-3.9%) as well. That's on top of a (-1.1%) from nov. to dec. that beats our "liberal" neighbors NC.

and here's an actual link to back up my numbers. http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9738859
                          .fffffffff_____
                          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                          .fffffff\______/
                          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                          .fffff\________/
                          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                          .fff\__________/

Comment

so... anyone in need of a mechanical engineer with two and a half years experience?
                            try looking into some power companies, i know they're starting to plan and build new nuclear reactors all over the country. They'll definitely need ME's, but idk what kind of experience they'd want, or if it's something that's even available in your region. (they're trying to build like 4 here)
                            .fffffffff_____
                            .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                            .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                            .fffffff\______/
                            .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                            .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                            .fffff\________/
                            .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                            .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                            .fff\__________/

Comment

you just dont grasp very much...

as a whole, cat is down. in my facility, certain areas are down. scrapers (what i was in) were down bad due to the housing market.

trucks and large mining trucks in particular are still booked up for the next 18 months or so (that means theyve already sold 18 months worth fo trucks, they just have to build them now)

so please, just shut the fuck up. yes cat is taking a hit, but they have over 100,000 people still (had over 120k, but 20k got the boot). and, contract people are the first to go, since youre not in the whole real world, i would assume you dont know that.

we had another recession a few years back (right around 2002) where cat was hurting as well. they had layoffs then, then rehired and was right back in a couple years.

please para, just shut the fuck up if you dont understand it. feel free to ask a question if you want to know how it works
                              lol. I'm amazed how you can tell us one sentence, and expect us to know everything else? You really could have done better than to say "only some of it is down".

I've asked plenty of questions. Plenty. I asked you directly what else you guys do besides construction and road maintenance, and you give me jaklsklfjklj23. The only thing i've been doing in this thread is asking questions about CAT. Money was the closest one to giving me an answer (which was prolly wrong, dumbfuck).

to what was said earlier, Sorry about that.
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

u suck

Comment

Working...
                                X