4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

just won $140 at roulette, economically I'm looking better than I did yesterday.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam View Post
        you guys realize that most refineries have been losing serious money over the past few months, right

its like when you get your texas driver's license they hand you a case of their own special kool-aid
        post of the year
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

government job=i don't care about this "economic crisis"
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I work at a small software development company (about 15-20 people total) with a large client base (well over 2000 clients). About 10% of our clients went out of business in the last year, but we aren't really struggling to the point where people are being fired. On the contrary, people are still getting their annual salary increases and our newer products are seeing a period of growth despite the economic downturn in the past year (mostly because we specialize in tax/payroll solutions). I'm not worried about my job in the least, since the product I work on handled about 1.5 million W-2s for our clients this year-end.
            -Dave

Comment

Research In Motion is still going strong. At a time when AT&T, Sprint, Apple, Microsoft and other big tech companies are laying off thousands, I haven't heard of a single layoff and still over 1,000 open job postings on our website. After 2 years here my team has gone from 2 people to 12, with 4 job recs still open for subscriber and churn analysts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                Research In Motion is still going strong. At a time when AT&T, Sprint, Apple, Microsoft and other big tech companies are laying off thousands, I haven't heard of a single layoff and still over 1,000 open job postings on our website. After 2 years here my team has gone from 2 people to 12, with 4 job recs still open for subscriber and churn analysts.
                whats the job requirement?
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                  sounds like you don't have to work those 80-100 hr weeks now, with the 6000% increase in manpower !
                  .fffffffff_____
                  .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                  .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                  .fffffff\______/
                  .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                  .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                  .fffff\________/
                  .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                  .fff\__________/

Comment

UPDATE:

Memo from boss today. Due to tightening financial matters there will no longer be free pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                      whats the job requirement?
                      Subscriber Analyst Posting:

POSITION SUMMARY

The Subscriber Analytics team produces key performance indicators that are used widely throughout RIM by Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product Management. The candidate's responsibilities will include report design and production, assessing data integrity, training other users, explaining results and identifying opportunities to improve our processes. Beyond these core responsibilities, the analyst will be asked to perform ad-hoc analyses and contribute to cross functional projects.

ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS

* Must have a passion for the integration of quantitative analysis with business insight
                      * University Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering or Business
                      * CMA, MBA, MA or other post-graduate studies would be an asset
                      * 3+ years of full-time work experience
                      * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
                      * Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and cope with a fast-paced environment
                      * Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required (macros, pivot tables)
                      * Knowledge of SQL, Cognos or Microsoft Access would be an asset

That's a pretty vague/general description because we analyze very unusual data (devices & subscribers, not dollars and cents). Ironically enough I barely meet those requirements, but I got lucky and joined the team on the ground floor.

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                        sounds like you don't have to work those 80-100 hr weeks now, with the 6000% increase in manpower !
                        Funny that you should mention this because I'm currently on a medical leave of absence because I burnt out. The team grew 600%, but the workload grew 1000% (2 experienced members also transferred elsewhere internally). Also, it takes 2-3 months for new hires to start paying dividends from all the training time.

Comment

Hey Eric get me a RIM job.

Seriously though, ITT (the rest of it) get Kolar employed.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                            government job=i don't care about this "economic crisis"
                            count me in, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                              UPDATE:

Memo from boss today. Due to tightening financial matters there will no longer be free pizza.
                              So clearly Pure_Luck was fired.
                              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                                Hey Eric *give* me a RIM job.
                                if that wasn't a set-up, i don't know what one is
                                .fffffffff_____
                                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                                .fffffff\______/
                                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                                .fffff\________/
                                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                                .fff\__________/