Three Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Teams

Make the timed pubs divide entering players into 3 teams, i want to see what it will be like with 3 instead of 2. thanks.

Originally posted by D1st0rt
    ff
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

It could work with a different map. If there were two or more main entrances to the FR that were sufficiently isolated, so that forces in either entrance could not attack each other, it might be fun. On the other hand, there are always players in pub who play for rec or bounty, just trying to rack up kills cheaply while minimizing their risk of death and making no contribution to the basing effort. It would be worse with a 3-freq pub.

It would be worth a try, but the ?go base crowd would be better guinea pigs than the pubbers.
      Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
      2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

i like the alien threads better

Comment

hahaha PH
          D1st0rt nailed it right on the spot there
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

DAMMIT PH YOU BEAT ME

I saw "Three Teams" and was like YES I KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

This was actually done today in pub 0, when Schfifty-Five began his own freq. Teams were mostly balanced. One of the erroneous things you're assuming is that everyone in pub knows how to base. For the most part, pubbers don't.

Today, in the morning (EST), there was freq 0, 1, and 55. And we all fought for base. It was probably one of the most fun pubbing times I've had in a while. No freq came out most dominant at any moment. Eventually, after an hour or two, the fight died down and it just dissolved down to which freq had the most levis (keep in mind, PUB 0). Had it been in pure pub, I think base battle might've gone on forever.

One of the things I noticed is, because you're in a base battle, the third freq's terrier(s) can get in flagroom quite easily, and thus making the battle amazingly intense. I think it requires a different set of strategies to win a 3 freq base competition. At one point, we, freq 55, decided to let the LT just kill off the other enemy freq while we huddled on opposite side of flagroom.

Lastly, about your prediction about what would happen, because there are a lot of players hogging the public arena in spec, the 3 teams would probably be of 7 or so. Again, assuming these are real pubbers, and not true basers, a team of 7 pubbers is not going to hold base forever. And then you always have that one guy who goes around shooting bombs that just somehow always manage to hit a teammate. :grin:

True, a ?go base with 3 frequencies would never work. But Tone was talking about a pub setting.
              -not in game

Comment

For it to work consistently I still feel like you would need another entrance
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

?go threefreq was designed for 3 teams basing. I also only spent about an hour total on that map so don't expect much.
                  ?find dads revenge

Comment

Two, bigger freqs, distension style opposite bases instead of 3 teams into 1 cram.
                    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                      distension style
                      get out
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Don't take distension style as "having the dbot running". I just mean having the two bases on opposite ends and having the game be hold both flags for flag time.
                        DELETED

Comment

Don't take distension style blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
                          get out
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

fags
                            DELETED

Comment

Distension
                              Get a rope.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment