Crazy scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy scores

I remember when WR pummled NS for 185k to 5k or whatever it was last year, that was huge. This weekend, we had three games in that score region, and one that vasty surpassed it (Way to spoil their birthday crips. bd)

Squads aren't worse. NS and Paladen weren't being taken to the cleaners every game last season (well, not to that extent). Is the cram really a 60k difference? I can't imagine that it is, but.... I haven't seen any other signifigant differences. Anyone have ideas?

the cram is an effective tactic, but not when solely relied upon. you still have to break out of it quite often to chase or turtle up, depending on the circumstances. it's pretty simple to multi-kill a team that crams the entire game without really moving in and out.
    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
      the cram is an effective tactic, but not when solely relied upon. you still have to break out of it quite often to chase or turtle up, depending on the circumstances. it's pretty simple to multi-kill a team that crams the entire game without really moving in and out.
      I was refering to the increased kill rate that a cram brings to the table, not it's effectiveness in keeping enemy out of flag.

Comment

Ya it will bring you more points, because the ter will live for a long time usually, and they keep attaching and dying like two seconds later, all the points rack up to the other team.

Cramming will get you mass points, if done effective.
        BTW, Cramming isn't new, Light did it so many times last season it isn't even funny.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Of course Light invented the cram...

I think Mythrandir and Windreaper got it first.
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

Never said we invented it, we just did it.
            We didn't think it was that big of deal at all.

Raspi mostly introduced the idea to us.

Comment

Ruby is right to some extent. Cramming is nothing more than a very aggressive spidering style, and the sharks and terrier adjusting to that. If I recall correctly Light had very aggressive spiders, although the terrier and the sharks didn't really adjust thier style to that of their spiders. Terrier was still too far away, and the sharks mined too high.

Windreaper and I figured that out:
              - terrier stays close to the fr entrace, so detaching spiders are right in the action (2 TWLs ago terriers usually were as far away from the action as possible)
              - sharks defend the entrance, take turns on reps, and they do NOT mine, unless these mines can't be repped to the cram.

As you can see, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but it was really hard to convince the spiders to cram, instead of sitting on the line. People in ?go basing are so stubborn....

Also, if the terrier is aggressive, then a 5-spider line-up is a very good option, this TWL. That was unthinkable last season.

on-topic:
              the cramming came to be from the desire to kill more people and to do that faster. Also, when both teams (or one of them) have a 5-spider line, flagroom fights tend to take much longer, which also causes lots more of kills happening. Life is fairly easy for a terr when he doesn't have to face a jav or warbird.

Comment

Cram was invented in TWL?

I think it was invented way before. Just everyone decided to use good old line tactics.
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

no

Comment

tru, light did use it for a while, but we realized having good sharks such as fbz and hannes was a waste to do the cram so we just stuck back to lining

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                      tru, light did use it for a while, but we realized having good sharks such as fbz and hannes was a waste to do the cram so we just stuck back to lining
                      good lagging sharks
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

How many times are you people gonna say fbz lags? He has the EXACT same ping as me. 100ms and average packet loss (0.1 / 0.1). You can have every MOD in TW check his ping if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                          How many times are you people gonna say fbz lags?
                          I've had 30ms .1 .1 before and the bot was speccing me for spikes. I gaurantee you that fbz has a serious spiking problem (although he may only see it in the basing arenas).

We'll keep saying it until he doesn't lag anymore. That said, don't feel too bad since every basing squad has laggy sharks. Some just lag/spike a bit better than others. As I've said before, if we could somehow combine Mootland Farmer's 350ms ping with fbz's incredible spikes, we'd have the ultimate nearly-unstoppable shark.

llater,
                          Tony

Comment

Last time I checked spikes make you lag out, and fbz rarely ever lags out. If he does everyone in the arena is lagging the same.

Comment

This thread is quickly heading into the roundfile. I'd like to invite everyone to read the first post in the thread before responding. Along those lines, I'd like to ask that Ruby refrain from pretending to be Al Gore (Inventor Extraordinaire!), and the rest of the TW community from egging the blow hard on.

Basically I agree with what myth said. The more spiders in base, the easier it is for the terr to survive. Given that, FR battles tend to take longer and thus more points are generated. This does raise some interesting questions, as I believe the current 1st tiebreaker in TWLB is Points Scored. In such a case, a team that wins by larger margins, but in lower scoring games, won't be ranked as high as a cramming squad. Similar problem with the 100k forfeits.
                              Last edited by wadi; 04-29-2003, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X