Mine bug and "d/c by death" problem .. please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackrazor View Post
    I want to thank the bot programming community for making it possible to switch ships at will during matches, and still keep mvp and team leader status. Please, if there is something you can do to fix:
    you're welcome

"d/c due to repeated and rapid deaths while attaching to baseterr or thrusting to flagroom",

please do so. Having an attach or even a thrust (shift key) reset the "MaxDeathWithoutFiring=5" would be wonderful and allow sharks to play aggressively (but obviously not afk) with a high death count during desperate flag-reseting rushes, without getting disconnected from the match.
    Well we, for sure, need this maxdeath set, but perhaps with a number X > 5 ? Is that what you want?

I'll take a look on it ASAP with the map maker(s).

Let me know exactly the way you and the basing community want, if possible.

thanks
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
    -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
    -Bots / Systems creator
    -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

I'm reviving this old post of mine from the tombs because it's still a problem for me when I play pub shark (and only when I shark), when I die frequently and repeatedly in a heated match.

I want to thank the bot programming community for making it possible to switch ships at will during matches, and still keep mvp and team leader status. Please, if there is something you can do to fix:

"d/c due to repeated and rapid deaths while attaching to baseterr or thrusting to flagroom",

please do so. Having an attach or even a thrust (shift key) reset the "MaxDeathWithoutFiring=5" would be wonderful and allow sharks to play aggressively (but obviously not afk) with a high death count during desperate flag-reseting rushes, without getting disconnected from the match.

Thanks.
      The client would have to be edited in order for the mine bug to be fixed. If you want thrust to reset the death without firing rule, it will have to be edited by PriitK which I'm sure he's not willing to care enough to do. As for entering the arena and not seeing mines, again, the client will have to be edited so that the server sends you the correct information basically saying "there is a mine at X tile on frequency whatever layed by blah" when the arena first loads.

Repels reset the deathwithoutfire. If you honestly are a shark and you attach and die five times consecutively without laying a mine, shooting a bomb, OR using a repel - pick a different ship. It's not common at all. I'm a baser. I play ?go base, TWBD and TWLB, heck I sometimes pub too. I've never EVER been disconnected due to deaths during a match.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
        Repels reset the deathwithoutfire. If you honestly are a shark and you attach and die five times consecutively without laying a mine, shooting a bomb, OR using a repel - pick a different ship. It's not common at all. I'm a baser. I play ?go base, TWBD and TWLB, heck I sometimes pub too. I've never EVER been disconnected due to deaths during a match.
        Oh yes, thats true, repels are the best way.

I don't know if there is a possible way to solve it by a map configuration too.

:/

But i'll ask (:
        “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
        -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
        -Bots / Systems creator
        -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
          The client would have to be edited in order for the mine bug to be fixed. If you want thrust to reset the death without firing rule, it will have to be edited by PriitK which I'm sure he's not willing to care enough to do. As for entering the arena and not seeing mines, again, the client will have to be edited so that the server sends you the correct information basically saying "there is a mine at X tile on frequency whatever layed by blah" when the arena first loads.

true, you can only get d/c when u frequently change ship in x amount of time (what not is possible when your not afk) or by getting killed in x amount of time, what is very unlikely too
          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

@dexter: Thank you for your constructive input. If thrusting (shift key) or attaching (F7) can reset "MaxDeathWithoutFiring" without client modification, that would be ideal. (I know PriitK is unavailable and no one can change the actual client code.) Failing that, setting the MaxDeathWithoutFiring>10 (upping it from 5 to 10) would totally cure the problem without significantly degrading the original purpose of this afk-detector.

As it is, in lopsided pub games, where the losing team has either a newbie terr (non-dodging non-portaling), or no terr at all, and the winning team is spraying, sniping, bombing the tube and mid, it is VERY easy for the losing team's shark to die 5 times in quick succession, as it desperately tries (again & again, basically suicide zerg runs) to reset the flag and possibly revive team morale, without ever being in a proper position to lay mines and without being ready to use the precious few repels it has for the push past flagroom entrance.

Comment

@dexter: Thank you for your constructive input. If thrusting (shift key) or attaching (F7) can reset "MaxDeathWithoutFiring" without client modification, that would be ideal. (I know PriitK is unavailable and no one can change the actual client code.) Failing that, setting the MaxDeathWithoutFiring>10 (upping it from 5 to 10) would totally cure the problem without significantly degrading the original purpose of this afk-detector.

As it is, in lopsided pub games, where the losing team has either a newbie terr (non-dodging non-portaling), or no terr at all, and the winning team is spraying, sniping, bombing the tube and mid, it is VERY easy for the losing team's shark to die 5 times in quick succession, as it desperately tries (again & again, basically suicide zerg runs) to reset the flag and possibly revive team morale, without ever being in a proper position to lay mines and without being ready to use the precious few repels it has for the push past flagroom entrance.
              Honestly you're the first person I've ever heard of in 8 years of playing Trench Wars that actually has an issue with dieing too many times. If you feel you're going to get disconnected, use a repel, no matter how useless it is. It's more useful to use up one repel than get disconnected. This is something you can control with your own situational awareness. If anything, this is a part of the game that you need to adapt to. This game should not have to adapt to a single player.

Comment

Working...
              X