X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6, 8, 10, whatever.

all leagues have to have the same amount of squads in them
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

i forget who won seasons 10 and 11
      TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
      TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
      TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
      ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
        lols, why must i be listed as one of the highlights of the new twl season. I can never stay out of the spotlight : ( but its cool that I can play. Look forward to next season, should be fun
        Dele
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
          Theres not 10 competitive squads in LD?

Since Dele is back I'm sure stray/value/alf/sake will be around this season with pascone/mega newbie/elven/deluge/vys/drow or whoever

Since vio is back maybe rapid will be around even though they'll suck

Thunder is going to return its core of players maybe minus ease and maybe with a new squadname.

Quake will come back.

HEAVY will most likely have some of the same players in some form be it HEAVY or some other squad (I know I'd like to play with Racka and Apok again and I dont see them staying on Quake)

Dynasty appears to be replaced by Battle.

Disoblige is around and better than last TWL atm.

Fury is a better Sweet/Pirates, although Pirates is pretty done atm. Unsure if scoop/herc/etc are gonna go for another round. I dont see scoop staying on Quake either.

Although syne/diso were complete busts last year, Rape got some good players their first TWL experience. This year theres more competition than last like I just stated above. Theres easily enough talent in TWLD for 10 squads. If you want to go this route you might as well say 'well sake dynasty rape sweet diso and syne really didnt have a chance against the top 4 squads so lets just make 4 squads eligible for TWL' Following that logic there would be like 2 squads in TWLJ and however many are eligible in TWLB since any newbs can win that as we just saw

FYI: the appeal system doesnt need an overhaul. It just needs common sense of the person whos going over the appeals. IMO it should be very, very hard to get an appeal to go through

What I would like to see is a 'doubleheader' or something if you have an appealed/replay game to play. If the bot fails in one game it makes no sense to hold up 3 leagues at the end of the season to play that one game. It wouldnt take long to play it the next week or something in between or after other games...the squad's top line will be on to play their opponent that week anyway

fury dissolved, scoop is here, apok is here, heavy not coming back, disoblige is mediocre as always, only good two are quake and thunder again. stop talking out of your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
            fury dissolved, scoop is here, apok is here, heavy not coming back, disoblige is mediocre as always, only good two are quake and thunder again. stop talking out of your ass.
            You should start realizing that no one has ever taken you seriously :wub:
            Girl if it's alright,
            100%.

Comment

i like this, 8 teams across the border. If we can get some sort of idea when next season starts such as in August or around then it would be helpful. Nicely done PH
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Season 13 starts in August, read the TWL site ricko...
                If you mean Season 14... don't u think it's a bit early to ask?

:fear:
                PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                  [*]the appeal system will be overhauled: i don't like the way these things were handled last season and i'm not alone in that respect, it's still up in the air as to what exactly will be changed but don't expect it to be like season 12[*]auto-qualification is out: it was annoying in previous seasons to see -final- rise from the dead a week before the season started and be given a free pass to twl, so it's not happening anymore; it's not that i think anyone in particular would pull something like that, i just want to keep competition up before the league starts, so i don't care what you did last season, if you were good enough to make it to the finals you should be good enough to play your way in again[/list]that's about it for now, i'm trying to keep things as transparent as possible so everybody knows what's going on at all times

please leave your feedback in the drop box
                  Move the appeals to email. Registering them on the forum was a mistake started before season 12 but Mirr just continued the problem. That will make it less of a public spectacle but generally Izor is right, the person at the top needs to just remain unbiased and make the right call.

Moving away from auto-entry is a good idea.

Comment

lkjk,jnl
                    Last edited by Scoop; 06-02-2009, 01:29 AM.
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                    4:Geio> DEEZ?
                    4:Geio> LOLOL
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                    4:spirit> LOL
                    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Honestly mirror did a good job with the appeals. Looking back I hope everyone can agree. There were no replays which moved the TWL season along and in the end the team (in TWLD anyway) that teamed the best won. People hated on her because they didnt get their way, but really her decisions werent biased against anyone. The only questionable call was the sub against pirates and that didnt even end up affecting anything. I think it was right also because everyone knew pirates was making the playoffs and now the issue is (hopefully) going to be resolved for this season
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                        Move the appeals to email. Registering them on the forum was a mistake started before season 12 but Mirr just continued the problem. That will make it less of a public spectacle but generally Izor is right, the person at the top needs to just remain unbiased and make the right call.

Moving away from auto-entry is a good idea.
                        eh, most of the time the people doing the appeal posted it on the forums as well. and once that happens, everyone wants to see why the appeal does or doesn't go through. trust me, i tried that and everyone went air on me
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Also, remove that useless playoff system. If there are 8 teams, top 4 will enter to playoffs. Not something stupid as 7 teams moving in and STATSHGSGHASG.

Dont make regular season useless again
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I like where ph is going with this
                            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                            beam> stfu tsunami
                            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

All good points by PH. And like I said, time would tell that Mirrorrim was a moron listening to the 'majority vote' of captains on how many squads should have been in TWL last season or whatever, and that anything more than 8 would be failure.
                              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                                i still haven't had breakfast so bear with me here

some things i want to do in season 13 (keep in mind none of this is actually official yet, still just brainstorming at this point):[list][*]twld will be reduced to 8 squads: this is being done to cut out the brainwave tournament, as well as to prevent another rape/syne situation; it may have looked like there were 10 competitive dueling squads last season but as we learned that wasn't the case, and to keep scheduling simple throughout the season an 8/8/8 format is needed anyway
                                In defense of the 10 squads, realize that there were only 4 competitive squads in twld last season; Thunder, Quake, Heavy and Pirates. On the other hand to fuel competition we had Sweet, Dynasty, Sake, Rape, Syne and Disoblige.

Probably anyone can agree that Sweet, Dynasty and Sake deserved to be in TWLD last season, and anyone can agree they were worse than the top 4. The point is that where do we draw a line with this? In all fairness and for promoting less good squads to strive for twl, I feel it is important to allow low-tier squads to enter, such as Rape. (no disrespect) Even if Disoblige went 0-9 we can't ignore the fact that they have every round played with 5 experienced warbirds and it would be terrible to leave those out just because we want to promote competitiveness. This sort of thinking is flawed because most wb's agree that there arent more than 4 good squads. Izor makes a good point in his post earlier too.

To further prove my point I will list the squads we have now and make a comparison:

Battle: while having only 20+ wbs ,and atleast 15 will bench, you would think that you need to split this squad into two to further promote competitiveness, but it's hard to captain a squad so some players will go to another squad for playingtime. (This is also a problem with less squads to choose from, there are certainly enough players to make 10+ warbird squads, how competitive they are is a different question, but realize that the less squads you have the more stacking it will become on the top 4.)

Quake: Have definitely improved their 3 league depth this season but has also way too many players who will bench. Also, you can count on even more people returning to this squad close to twl.

Rapid: Should definitely be in twl, although, last season this squad would have competed with Sake for the #7 spot, hence not so much competition.

Evil: Thunder split into two created two squads each with 40 players, hopefully one of them will not die.

Return: Syne 2.0, good enough for twl? yes, competitive? no. The question is: Will they last?

Disoblige: 0-9 last twld, still having wbs more than good enough for twld, will they increase competition? no.

Spastic: if these guys are interested they could give squads like Rape last season a good game. Does that make them good enough for twl? yes. competitive? F*** no.

And then we have squads like: Warpath, Sweet, Aimbot, Epidemic, Thunder etc. who haven't done much yet. they all have rosters to be in twl, but competitive? too early to say.

Also, without taking hopping into consideration; we have now 12 squads in twdd capable of competing, out of these squads - after all the hopping - we would probably have 10 squads with 3 squads who make the competition interesting. 3 squads arent enough to make a good season. Your only option is to invite fodder, so in the end you have 8 squads, 5 of those are fodder, there could be more than 5 fodder squads, and that's exactly my point.

Conclusion:

Restricting the numbers of squads for "competitiveness" is a terrible arguement. There needs to be atleast 8 squads in twld. 10 squads last season was fine because there were already a significant amount of fodder squads.

Reducing the number to 6, renders the playoffs useless.
                                Reducing the squads invited to twl will cause more stacking, less squads will be formed and sooner or later it will be like pro where you have the same squads competing for championship and new squads dont stand a chance.
                                Last edited by Jones; 05-28-2009, 04:49 AM.
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X