No announcement yet.

TrenchWars Overall Activity Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense, but this really doesn't look accurate. 5000 TWDD games played in a month? 7000 games of ?go duel? I'm just saying there has to be something wrong with the stored stats in the database, because even without seeing the stats I'm sure this is not accurate.
    sdg

Comment

don't you remember, stab? 2005 was the year of the warbird. the playerbase was flooded by a ton of chinese folks celebrating the new year!

in all seriousness though, those stats are definitely off. 5000 in a month is something like 160 or so per day, and that's just insane.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
        No offense, but this really doesn't look accurate. 5000 TWDD games played in a month? 7000 games of ?go duel? I'm just saying there has to be something wrong with the stored stats in the database, because even without seeing the stats I'm sure this is not accurate.
        7000 games played in ?go Duel is not off at all, that's not even that much when you think about how active that arena was back then -- could have went even past a total of 10000 games played. That arena had over 50 players playing at its prime time, and Duels take way less time to finish than a DD match, and Dueling is pretty popular thanks to the ranking system in there.

I am a bit sceptical about 5000 games played in a single month in TWDD, though.. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          I am a bit sceptical about 5000 games played in a single month in TWDD, though.. :fear:
          You right, it seems that during a long period (2003-2006), matches were recorded twice (but not always) in the db but only one was valid, and I was not aware (shame on me).. edit: those have been fixed, deleted forever from the db. The graph is also updated, it makes more sense now! For your info, I deleted 63,516 entries/games out of 250,000 .. nearly 25% bugged entries

For the duel stat, those are accurate.

P.S: make sure to refresh the image, it may uses the one in your cache
          Last edited by Arobas+; 01-30-2010, 05:35 PM.
          TW Bot Developer
          TW Web Developer
          Friends> All I saw was arobas+
          Friends> It's like death

Comment

this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but goddamn i love fear and loathing in las vegas.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

QTF Jason

Also, is it possible that it's things like this that are causing the server issues?

On Topic:

Thanks, Arobas+. I tried contacting you in game but I just missed you.

The section that shows during the ads (0911-0912):

Either it's a coincidence, or the advertisements are bringing new players to trench wars. There's been a bigger jump in elim games than in anything else, which leads me to believe there's probably newer players that aren't in a squad yet playing in that arena.

Is there a way for you to make a graph based purely on server population? That would REALLY help out.
              Last edited by Xog; 01-31-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

The number of games in elim or belim is not a good indication of population growth or decline.

During times of high activity in the zone, an increase in the number of players would mean fewer games in elim and belim, not more games. A game to 10 with 25 people takes longer than a game to 10 with three people.

During times of low activity in the zone (times when elim and belim often have no games running), an increase in the number of players would mean more games, since games would be more likely to start up.

Comment

don't forget that bots have some problem atm.. january stats will be lower because of that
                  TW Bot Developer
                  TW Web Developer
                  Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                  Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                    There's only like 6 squads that plays bds now, not counting the squads that bd once or twice per month. I'm crossing my fingers that this is just a summer thing, we seriously need more squads for TWLB.

This is very bad when we don't even have base running.
                    Or split up diso into 2 squads, that will make 2 basing squads.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Sphonk View Post
                      The number of games in elim or belim is not a good indication of population growth or decline.

During times of high activity in the zone, an increase in the number of players would mean fewer games in elim and belim, not more games. A game to 10 with 25 people takes longer than a game to 10 with three people.

During times of low activity in the zone (times when elim and belim often have no games running), an increase in the number of players would mean more games, since games would be more likely to start up.
                      You make a good point. I didn't see it that way. I did however know that this graph wasn't all that conclusive, which is why I asked if there was a way to make a real population graph (i.e. a program checks the population number during specified times like 3 AM, 6 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM, 9 PM, 12 AM continuously)

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                        Or split up diso into 2 squads, that will make 2 basing squads.
                        I'm going to do you a favor here and edit what I originally wrote here, because when I actually addressed your post seriously it made you look quite ignorant. I'll give you a hint though.

Hint: We're not a pure basing squad.
                        Last edited by Noah; 02-01-2010, 10:28 PM. Reason: I'm being nice O_o
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

hey, it's sphonk.

sup?
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                            I'm going to do you a favor here and edit what I originally wrote here, because when I actually addressed your post seriously it made you look quite ignorant. I'll give you a hint though.

Hint: We're not a pure basing squad.
                            Still not a reason to have 50 members.
                            Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                              Still not a reason to have 50 members.
                              #1: We do not have 50 members
                              #2: We have 20 to 25 active members, rest are old core members that are not active.

:wub:

Comment

lolz major.
                                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                                There wont be another election for president.
                                Obama is the Omega President.
                                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X