Hard Drive Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive Failing

Ok, I had vista home basic on my computer. I downgraded it to Windows XP SP3, had no problems for a long time. Ok, so now, all of a sudden i try logging in and it says Windows/system32/ blah blah blah corrupt files or whatever.

So, I'm like "who cares, had nothing on there but some stupid crap anyways", I format the hd completely, and reinstall sp3. All of a sudden I cannot even install it from the CD, it continuously gives me different system files corrupt or missing. I've tried doing it 3 or 4 times, each time a different system error.

Well I had my original Vista CD so I try to install that. But the fuckin computer says installation error even with that! I've tried this way 5 times possibly, and once again different errors each time.

What the hell is going on? I've googled this shit, and it seems like my hd is failiing? but wtf does that mean?
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
    Ok, I had vista home basic on my computer. I downgraded it to Windows XP SP3, had no problems for a long time. Ok, so now, all of a sudden i try logging in and it says Windows/system32/ blah blah blah corrupt files or whatever.

So, I'm like "who cares, had nothing on there but some stupid crap anyways", I format the hd completely, and reinstall sp3. All of a sudden I cannot even install it from the CD, it continuously gives me different system files corrupt or missing. I've tried doing it 3 or 4 times, each time a different system error.

Well I had my original Vista CD so I try to install that. But the fuckin computer says installation error even with that! I've tried this way 5 times possibly, and once again different errors each time.

What the hell is going on? I've googled this shit, and it seems like my hd is failiing? but wtf does that mean?
    Had this happen to my laptop. Long story short, Your harddrive is crapping out and now it's time to buy a new one.

Hope you had stuff backed-up.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I do not know why I quoted
      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Sounds like the harddrive is faulty. If you can get another harddrive try installing Vista on that one. It it works, you have located your problem.

Comment

Ok thanks guys, what could this have been caused by do you know?
          A virus maybe? or is this hardware failure?

Comment

Not virus, likely hardware. A bit odd that the drive would format correctly, but not unheard of. New drive would be the easiest troubleshooting path. How old was the drive?

Comment

haahahahha

made me LAUGH

pm pandagirl,she's into COMPUTERS AND SOFTWARE

Comment

hard drives dont live forever, get a new one

Comment

Every part of your pc that phisically moves breaks down sooner then the other parts. Think harddrives, cd/dvd-drives or fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                    Not virus, likely hardware. A bit odd that the drive would format correctly, but not unheard of. New drive would be the easiest troubleshooting path. How old was the drive?
                    The drive really isnt that old, maybe 2006 or so. I do believe it had some fan issues, it emits an immense amount of heat in a short amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X