Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Round 1 Hot or Not

Playoff Round 1 HOT or NOT

Well since only half the games were played I guess I can go a little more in-depth with the analysis.

TWDT-D

The first game of the playoffs ended with Top5Squad cruising to a win (50-34) over WOOT. In the end, it was once again WOOT’s lack of wb depth that did them in. Racka (1-5 to 9-10) and Ease (1-4 to 11-10) could only do so much to dig themselves out of an early hole (25-33 as close as they got) as they did not get much help from PUNK rock (7-10), Add (3-10), or Confluence (4-10). As for the other side, Top5Squad played probably their best game of the year when it counted the most, jumping on WOOT early (20-7) and often. Apok’s (12-5) inconsistency was of the carry variety this week, Jones (12-7) had the best game of his season, and cui put in a full-time working day (9-5).

Ruby showed that a little practice (barely getting by a poor Balls Deep line) goes a long way, by raping a decent Without Ease line (50-28). Jethro “BrokenModem” Tull (16-5) called out b4 and sunk Without Ease’s battleship; it didn’t go down like the Titanic. It sank like a rock, accelerating as it fell (16-11, 20-12, 27-15, 40-21). Deck also turned in his 2nd solid performance of the day (15-8 in appeal game, 11-6 in this one). Everyone else was solid for Ruby as they put very strong pressure on their opponents and had superior teaming. Without Ease had 2 poor performances from its 2 most consistently good warbirds: Caos (3-10) and Yakuza (3-10). Kthx and megaman89 turned in the only respectable performances for Without Ease (9-10).

Burger the King of the Week: Jethro Tull (16-5)

Honorable Mentions: Apok (12-5), Deck (11-6/15-8), Jones (12-7)

Degree For Men Not Cool Under Pressure Players of the Week: Caos (3-10) and Yakuza (3-10)

Dishonorable Mentions: No Creature No Victory, Add (3-10), Kentaro (3-7), Confluence (4-10)

TWDT-J

Both of these games in javelin were fairly close the whole way through. I usually mark especially good or bad recs whenever I spec a match, but there were hardly any; everyone was basically even in both games (but with teamkills its somewhat distorted).

In the WOOT vs. Top5squad match, WOOT pulled away (from 31-31) slowly at the end of the match (after Paradise was first out) to win (50-42). Kawrae played solid throughout and finished well (11-6) to lead WOOT, but Ease (10-9) and Confluence (9-7) also finished in the positive. For Top5Squad, they were not expected to do well in this league after the midseason trades, but put up a good fight. Locket (12-10) actually earned the MVP of the match, but no one else on his squad was positive, with Apok and ro both finishing 5-10.

The other match finished tight (and actually had some weird subbing death thing that enabled Ruby to get 51 deaths), but Without Ease took home the win (51-45). This was the 2nd straight game that the MVP was on the losing team (Deck earned it with a 12-10, however he had 2 teamkills), and so Raples led the way only +2 at 11-9. Sauro paced Without Ease early (5-2 and finished 10-10) as Zazerick started 1-5 for Ruby, but Ruby and Zazerick (9-10) fought back to take the lead away midway through the game. It was neck and neck the rest of the way, but I.D. (4-6 to 9-8) closed nicely and Without Ease took the game home. a2m also finished positive (12-10) for Ruby in defeat, but Jethro Tull weighed them down as he got overwhelmed (2-10) and could not manage kills when he was outnumbered.

Taco Bell’s Volcano Hot Player with Lava Sauce of the Week: Kawrae (11-6)

Honorable Mentions: Raples (11-9), Deck (12-10), a2m (12-10), Locket (12-10)

KFC’s He Got Grilled Player of the Week: Jethro Tull (2-10)

Dishonorable Mentions: ro (5-10), Apok (5-10)
    Last edited by Black Mage; 08-16-2009, 07:47 PM.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

TWDT-B

WOOT struggled all season to put together a great basing game. However, they did just that in the first round of the playoffs. They wrestled control away early from Top5Squad and only gave up the flag a few times after that, winning 15:00-2:50. Brookus played solid terrier (only 3 deaths), and PureOwnage/cremation kept the cram intact with good sharking. In addition, PureOwnage scored 6 terrier kills in his attacking shark style. Speaking of terrier kills, Confluence led the way with 9 from his usual laggy javelin (and earned the game’s MVP). Lastly, Jrahen put up an impressive 70 kills in an 18 minute game from spider.

For Top5Squad, they needed better terring (or maybe to protect the terr better). They tried to switch things up as the game progressed but they did not find a solution in time to halt the clock. Chuckle struggled mightily in special ship (23-53, no terrier kills, 5 teamkills), but zhou played well (67-35) despite the rest of his team being outmatched.

In the last game of the week (which has already been appealed, but victory in the appeal does not look likely), Ruby prevailed (15:00-11:08) despite a strong comeback attempt by Without Ease. Draft managed 5 fewer deaths than Sauro in Terrier, which could be a credit to his sharks Unabled and a2m, with a2m especially playing a very good game. Shayde once again earned MVP in spider, and looked impressive (105-56) in doing so. Suede played (I believe) his first game of the year and did very well (101-57) also in spider. Jethro Tull (73-57) is the reason for the appeal, as his laggy warbird was apparently unreppable and invisible, but he managed a mediocre 4 terrier kills with a decent rec.

Without Ease was down 7:00-13:00 when they made a charge, and managed to get to 11 minutes before finally succumbing. Megaman89 (74-71, 4 TeKs) made several big shots from javelin in that stretch, but his 14 teamkills was not an impressive number. Finally, I.D. played well (101-59) in spider throughout the match.

Kay Jewelry’s Every Kiss Begins With These Players of the Week: a2m and PureOwnage

Honorable Mentions: Shayde, Brookus, Jrahen, Zhou, I.D., Suede, Confluence

M&M’s Melts During the Game, Not in Your Mouth Player of the Week: Chuckle

Dishonorable Mentions: Freddie, Zizzo, Sauro, cui
    Last edited by Black Mage; 08-16-2009, 08:56 PM. Reason: Added basing

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

All added...in addition look for a beefy preview article this week for the semi-finals.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Fuck china lag.

Petition: Make laglimits 350ms current and 340ms average so i can play again :-(

Comment

congrats on attending more funerals than any player creature

Comment

At least your squad won 2 rounds.

Originally posted by Creature View Post
            Fuck china lag.

Petition: Make laglimits 350ms current and 340ms average so i can play again :-(

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

PureOwnage/cremation kept the cram intact with good sharking. In addition, PureOwnage scored 6 terrier kills in his attacking shark style. Speaking of terrier kills,
              HAHA got mentioned!
              Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
              3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
              1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
              1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
              1:Markmrw> :O
              1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

bm i hope you pick up the torch for twl too if you're not burnt out already.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                  bm i hope you pick up the torch for twl too if you're not burnt out already.
                  We'll see...might depend on Warpath's fate.
                  Last edited by Black Mage; 08-17-2009, 04:34 AM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Why the fuck was I dishonorable mention? Because Brokenmoden is unreppable and shoots invicible bullets like you said yourself?

Comment

Oh fuck, I forgot we had a game lol
                      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Well I am going to be doing TWLD with Izor again probably so you won't have to write three articles every week at least.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I like black mages style tho wark you gatta step yo game up for twl.
                          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Mmhmm.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
                              Oh fuck, I forgot we had a game lol
                              WOW?

fuck u euro pos
                              (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                              (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X