mythril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mythril

should be allowed to play TWL, wtf is the point of allowing someone to play twd but not twl....... pretty sure he couldnt play TWL OR TWD while he was banned.. so why keep him twl banned? its pointless now with .40 anyways.

once a cheater always a cheater dont even know why hes unbanned.thats why this game still has cheaters,mythril and vys could be used as examples for cheaters, once u cheat and get caught u shouldnt be allowed to play again.
    And dont talk about how their skills make tw better,tw is better without cheaters,its not only about skillz.
    TWLD 2016 Champion
    TWDTD champion x 3
    Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Survivor View Post
      once a cheater always a cheater dont even know why hes unbanned.thats why this game still has cheaters,mythril and vys could be used as examples for cheaters, once u cheat and get caught u shouldnt be allowed to play again.
      And dont talk about how their skills make tw better,tw is better without cheaters,its not only about skillz.
      Funny considering I could name 4 current staffers off the top of my head (while drunk) that have used CE and speedhacks. This game is full of hypocrites.
      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
        Funny considering I could name 4 current staffers off the top of my head (while drunk) that have used CE and speedhacks. This game is full of hypocrites.
        OK just name em then and dont be a hypocrit too.
        You think saying some staffs are cheaters , and no name them, will help in anything?
        Its easy to talk ,but the hardest part is to proove something.
        And still doesnt matter , tahts doesnt change a damn thing about what i said before.
        Last edited by Iron; 08-20-2009, 07:38 AM.
        TWLD 2016 Champion
        TWDTD champion x 3
        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

OK just name em then and dont be a hypocrit too.
          You think saying some staffs are cheaters , and no name them will help in anything?
          You can talk easily ,but the hardest part is to proove it.
          And still doesnt matter , tahts doesnt change a damn thing about what i said before.
          It would seem the hardest part is speaking engrish.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Most players that have had a lifeban but have been allowed back have had a some sort of sanction against them. I dont see why this is new and or an issue.

Comment

nah man. the saying 'once a cheater always a cheater' is untrue. it only applies when people cheat and get away with it, whereas mythril served a long ban and knows if he cheats again he's gone forever. harsh punishments drill mentalities into people to refrain from breaking rules.
              Girl if it's alright,
              100%.

Comment

let him play

Comment

if it was solely up to me he'd play

however my decision can and probably will be overruled

we'll see
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

If he cheats again why don't you just ban him again?

Makes more sense than keeping him banned in case he cheats again.
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
                      It would seem the hardest part is speaking engrish.
                      I'm sorry but this is really dumb.

Anyway, I think he gets the point about cheating from his ban. If he cheats again then staff will know about it and can ban him again if he does, so it shouldn't be that big a deal. Keeping him TWL banned but not TWD banned is pretty pointless.

Cheating is something that makes the game considerably less enjoyable for others. If he isn't currently making TWD unenjoyable for other players, you can't assume he will make TWL unenjoyable for others too.

Mythril has been by far made a very out-of-proportion example to the zone about cheaters, why not just give the guy a break and let him play competitively after serving a huge ban? We know it's just a game, and though staff makes it their job to be serious about enforcing the zone's rules, staff shouldn't rule out the possibility of players putting their cheating past behind.
                      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
                        nah man. the saying 'once a cheater always a cheater' is untrue. it only applies when people cheat and get away with it, whereas mythril served a long ban and knows if he cheats again he's gone forever. harsh punishments drill mentalities into people to refrain from breaking rules.
                        considering, if i am remembering correctly (do point out if i am wrong), he cheated before got banned, the ban was lifted and he cheated again in a twbd match, now it's lifted again, oh, and the same happened with vys.

either way, i got nothing against the guy, i'd vote for letting him play.
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

How do you know they aren't cheating atm, and just not getting caught?! oooooooo :O

My humble opinion:

Continuous offenders usually continuously search for less risky ways to commit crimes. If these people were offered cheats that you couldn't get caught using, they'd use them instantly.
                          There's no such thing as "ex-cheater". It's not like real life criminals ever get The Citizen of the year award after getting out of prison either.

When a ban decision is made it should be abided. If you always overrule them, you end up encouraging cheating.

To those who use the "everyone's done it"- or "even some staffers have used them" argument: Comparing casual cheat- experimenters to the TWALLSTARCHEATINGCREW1337 is the same as comparing a 9-yearold stealing a candy bar from store to a serial raper.
                          Last edited by Eeks; 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM.
                          Originally posted by Diakka
                          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks View Post
                            Continuous offenders usually continuously search for less risky ways to commit crimes. If these people were offered cheats that you couldn't get caught using, they'd use them instantly.
                            There's no such thing as "ex-cheater". It's not like real life criminals ever get The Citizen of the year award after getting out of prison either.
                            Come on now, on what basis can you say this? There are plenty of people who get the picture after they do something wrong, often realising that there actually IS a risk of being caught and banned. Nobody expects these players to come back as saints, but come back with a little more sense that they can't use cheats openly in a league or in any other context.

I wouldn't start comparing banned spaceship game players with real life criminals either, it's not the same thing.

EDIT: Sorry, this post makes me look like an ass, I'm not trying to be, I just disagree with you.
                            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                            5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                            1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                            1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

I think Myth's been banned for a pretty long time and got the message. I understand staff decided he can't play TWL. But why not do something like what the NFL does, after like week 2 or 3, re-evaluate the situation and if you see the continous good behavior, activity, which is good for this zone, let him back for the remaining TWL; since you've already conditionally reinstated him to practice with his team. Kinda like the Vick situation. And the good news is Myth isn't a dog killer.
                              RaCka> how can i get you here
                              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X