Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWDT Season Recap (One man's humble opinion of all-stars and mvps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Season Recap (One man's humble opinion of all-stars and mvps)

So the season is over and now we have all of the data and the records and the performances. So who really played well this TWDT season, and who just talked a big game without putting it up in the arena?

Let's start first with TWDT:

Code:
    TWDT-D Players with at least 50 combined kills + deaths (boxscored games only)
    138	1.56	vys
    93	1.51	Jethro Tull
    84	1.47	Rasaq
    119	1.38	Raspi
    100	1.27	Ease
    183	1.26	Unabled
    121	1.24	Burnt
    191	1.22	Apok
    75	1.21	Jamal
    183	1.20	cui
    103	1.19	bike
    153	1.19	Caos
    82	1.16	Confluence
    111	1.13	kthx
    70	1.12	chuckle
    110	1.12	Riverside
    124	1.10	jones
    56	1.07	herbalist yangyun
    171	1.06	Lofty
    148	1.06	jaa
    115	1.02	misled
    57	0.97	weak
    51	0.96	vue
    80	0.95	Yakuza
    107	0.95	Deck
    95	0.94	saetep
    89	0.93	Ardour
    56	0.93	Refer
    109	0.91	ison
    68	0.89	no <3
    49	0.88	killergt
    92	0.88	humid
    56	0.87	Dead_Rain
    56	0.87	Racka
    54	0.86	Exalt
    148	0.85	kid kaos
    96	0.85	Hercules
    53	0.83	PureOwnage
    73	0.83	lockdown
    51	0.76	Rekall
    71	0.73	obi
    79	0.68	pascone
    If i had to pick 10 players that played in TWDT-D this year, which would I pick?

TWDT-D All Star Team
    *note* this is entirely my opinion based on watching the games and the stats

Vys - The best kill to death ratio, good attendance and a semi-final team finish
    Jethro Tull
    - Team made it to the finals and he had a great kill to death ratio.
    Ease - Single-handedly carried team at times. Quarter-final finish.
    Raspi - Almost always positive playing with (at times) no actual warbirds. Only imagine if Raspi was on a good team.
    Unabled - The most consistent warbird this season. Team made finals.

Bench: Rasaq, Burnt, Apok, Cui, Caos

Rasaq had some big games against decent competition this year. Burnt captained and played well almost every week. Apok had some huge carries and some dissapointing games, but, like Cui, showed up every week and won championship... Cui also MVP'd the finals. Caos had a good K : D and carried his team to an impressive record.

Just missed: Jamal, bike, confluence, kthx, chuckle

Jamal had a great kill to death ratio, but a 2-10 in his only TWDT-D playoff appearance? Bike and Confluence were both pretty good on decent teams. Kthx had a few big weeks but faded as the year went on. Chuckle had the 3rd best record on the championship team, but didn't show to that many games.

TWDT-D MVP: Vys
    He finished with the best kill to death ratio of anyone with a decent number of games played. In addition, he led his team to the league semi-finals and played in every week he was eligible for. Vys was the clear favorite heading into the finals, but both Unabled and Jethro Tull had a chance to win it. BrokenFist failed to show up, Unabled had a mixed day, and their team lost in straight sets to clinch it for Vys.

Best 6* player: Kthx
    Picked up through free agency, Kthx had very strong weeks for the first 3, but then faltered onward. Still, Caos and him were probably the driving force for Without Ease's surprisingly strong warbird play this year.

Runner up: Chuckle
    Strong part of the championship team, oh the joys of free agency. Only played in 4 of the 10 games, however.

Next up is TWDT-J:

Code:
    TWDT-J Players with at least 50 combined kills + deaths (or close to it...boxscored games only)
    92	1.71	maketso
    181	1.41	Aimbot
    77	1.41	Kim
    48	1.40	Shock Therapy
    91	1.33	Singer
    60	1.31	H0M0
    58	1.23	Evasive
    49	1.23	Ardour
    75	1.21	a2m
    79	1.19	megaman89
    118	1.19	Ease
    63	1.17	Jrahen
    71	1.15	Kawrae
    73	1.15	Dawk
    88	1.15	Mess
    49	1.13	herablist yangyun
    180	1.12	Raples
    65	1.10	Locket
    108	1.08	Shadowmere
    136	1.06	Hercules
    80	1.05	eelam
    90	1.05	Hypocrit
    63	1.03	JAMAL
    60	1.00	Unabled
    57	0.97	hunt
    55	0.96	Dead_Rain
    88	0.96	Children
    106	0.93	struck
    50	0.92	FieryFire
    74	0.90	shan
    82	0.86	dreamwin
    116	0.84	Paradise
    79	0.84	Pjotter
    66	0.83	hermit
    150	0.81	i.d.
    103	0.81	Draft
    50	0.72	M_M God
    48	0.66	Apok
    57	0.63	Golden_Aim
    59	0.59	Ambrosia
    TWDT-J All Star Team

maketso - Led the league in kill/death and was on the championship team.
    Aimbot - Great kill/death, very consistent, good attendance, and was on the championship team.
    Kim - The almost lone bright spot on Kobra Kai, carried them to multiple victories.
    Singer - Another Revenge player? This is starting to get ridiculous.
    Ease - Good kill/death, attendance and led the second best team

Bench: Shock Therapy, H0M0, Evasive, megaman89, Dawk

Shock Therapy and Evasive would have had a shot at making the actual lineup had they showed up/their team not forfeited a bunch of games. H0M0 was a little light on appearances as well, but played well for the 2nd best team. Megaman89 started showing up towards the tail-end of his season and led his team to the finals. Dawk was on the championship team and was the best and most consistent 6* this season.

Just missed: Raples, a2m, Mess, Hercules, Vys

Raples was solid and had good attendance but didn't quite have the stats to get any higher on this list. a2m was integral to his team's success, but didn't show enough for them to be more successful. Mess has a chance to carry every time he steps out there, but only really showed it one game. Hercules and Vys both played well in the finals. Hercules only had an average year statistically though, and Vys did not play enough javelin to qualify him for any higher on this list.

TWDT-J MVP: Aimbot
    Aimbot was the most consistent player all year in the league. Not only could you count on him showing up (he played every week that his team played), but his kill/death was the second highest qualifying total. And to top it all off, his team won the championship.

Best 6* player: Dawk
    I already said it all up there.

Runner up: herbalist yangyun
    Solid year on an average team.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Basing All-Stars
    *note* Like usual, this will be the least accurate section of my writings. No stats available and its hard to check how many games each player played in.

Terrier: Brookus
    Returning to his past glory form? As Brookus went, so did WOOT. You may have noticed they won the championship.

Sharks: a2m, PureOwnage
    A pairing of two sharks from the championship game (but from different teams), these two set themselves apart during the season and playoffs.

Special: Jethro Tull (wb)/ dald (jav)
    Ruby's two-headed special ship monster. They always had a quality (and sufficiently laggy) player in the special ship each week.

Spiders: Shayde, Jamal, Caos, Cripple
    These 4 won like 12 basing MVPs between them during the regular season and playoffs. Jamal and Cripple played other ships as well, but they did spider well enough when they did them to prove they were among the best at the position.

Bench

Terriers- Burnt, Draft
    Two captains, two solid seasons at Terrier.

Sharks: Dwopple, Jeenyuss, Duel Pasta, Eelam, Downfall, Stabwound, ph
    I really don't know enough about sharks to pick between these guys. The two on the end may have ended up better on the list if PUMA/Balls Deep had not fallen apart. Eelam may have been higher if he showed up for a few more games also.

Special: Confluence (jav), Vys (wb), Megaman89 (jav), M_M God (jav)
    Confluence won the championship with his team, Megaman89 turned his team around, and Vys and M_M God had several very good weeks between them.

Spiders: Ease, Kawrae, Zung, Anidalife, i.d., zhou, Singer, Raspi
    Bench for spiders was a little hard to do, as there were few spiders who played in a majority of their team's basing games, and played well when they did.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

i would use the lineup of top5squad. through the entire playoffs (games that mattered in this thing) the lineup picked by jaa was dominant until the last round in which pretty much everyone except geio choked in one way or another.

if you want to name one player above all though, my vote would go to Apok. staying solid and having an average of like 11-7 in playoffs
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Blackmage 4 staff

Comment

I won the TWDT-J final and I don't get mentioned?
          Ara / AraGee / Death
          SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
          SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
          TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
          ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Maybe next time don't violate the stay in base rule

Originally posted by Ara View Post
            I won the TWDT-J final and I don't get mentioned?

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

thx for all the reviews

aimbot out
              admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
              twlb champ season 8 10 11
              twdtj champ season 3

Comment

Wow wark got mentioned in a thread about warbird skills.... amazing! never thought ide see the day!
                2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Captain Creature for Blockbuster Glory Trade to win TWDT-B

Comment

It would be nice to see when someone was drafted versus how they performed, since you're doing a recap. Would be fun to see how many caps made poor decisions by drafting players that never showed and it would also allow players to compare themselves against others that were drafted at around the same time.
                    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

all star mvp and only and *8 for jav? :P
                      admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
                      twlb champ season 8 10 11
                      twdtj champ season 3

Comment

Originally posted by HoTlAvAkInG View Post
                        all star mvp and only and *8 for jav? :P
                        u had a great team

Comment

Originally posted by saetep View Post
                          It would be nice to see when someone was drafted versus how they performed, since you're doing a recap. Would be fun to see how many caps made poor decisions by drafting players that never showed and it would also allow players to compare themselves against others that were drafted at around the same time.
                          I'll see what I can do.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                          X