No announcement yet.

Question Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It needs to be changed. After having won a flag battle, why are we only awarded like 6 bounty. I mean IF we are to get bounty, make it significant.

I suggest:

-3 decoys awarded to every member who played 50% of time with the same ship
    -3 thors awarded to every member who played 50%> of time with the same ship
    -10 bursts and portals
    -temporary shields for 30 seconds.

and reward the team leaders too. No use in saying a person is team leader and then being done with it.

Give the team leader like +8,000 points + any bonuses already given to team.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

People who are winning don't need more help. That's pretty dumb.

Comment

just upload my MAP pls

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
          People who are winning don't need more help. That's pretty dumb.
          The reason you would reward a winning team or player, is because of the fact that they have held the flag for a consecutive amount of time. In turn a reward is given. What you said is like saying if someone won a gold medal in the Olympics they wouldn't be eligible to win the same medal next time. Or for that matter....at all.

To reward a winning team is the point of basing....:fear:
          INSERT COOL SAYING OR QUOTE HERE

Thats right....i can..

▲▲

Comment

Originally posted by Indirect-1 View Post
            The little read 3 that counts down to 0 when you die......have you never died before or were you to busy typing some crap like "nice eat" or "stray" haha jk.:fear:
            Ohh. I think you mean 'freezetime'. I don't say that stuff though. I just don't like getting incredibly confused.

Comment

Random prizes sent instantly to everyone after a win is nowhere near as fun as prizes you can buy when you WANT to use them.

For the buy system to work we have to figure out:
              • who should be awarded credits, how much should they be awarded and when
              • what items should be available to buy
              • what price each item should be and any restrictions it should have

How about we talk about the first thing on the list first.

I think the MVP system needs tweaked. It would be difficult to calculate MVP in pub but I think we can probably all agree that javs and levis should NEVER GET MVP. Sure the occasional amazing jav like me will end up deserving but oh well, the large majority NEVER deserve it. Has a levi ever deserved MVP?

As far as how much MVP's should be awarded, it should probably depend on how long/close of a game it was and maybe some streak award like jason mentioned.

What do you guys think?
              (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Don't know if this has been said in here as I haven't read all the posts. But the higher your bounty is the higher the points per kill is. With around 100-150 bounty (don't remember the exact number) you can get more points than a flag kill.
                Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
                3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
                1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
                1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
                1:Markmrw> :O
                1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

The reason you would reward a winning team or player, is because of the fact that they have held the flag for a consecutive amount of time. In turn a reward is given. What you said is like saying if someone won a gold medal in the Olympics they wouldn't be eligible to win the same medal next time. Or for that matter....at all.

To reward a winning team is the point of basing....:fear:
                  Making a team thats already winning, even stronger, is just going to make the other team quit/change freqs etc. There is no point in making a winning team stronger, just makes the game boring.

Comment

Before you implement any changes, discard the current MVP award criteria. Strictly remaining in one ship type is not inherently valuable. Give it to the person on the winning team with the most enemy terrier kills, the most total kills for the round, the most flag claims, and for terriers only, the longest time spent in base. Anyone with more than 3 teamkills in a round should be disqualified from MVP. By CaptainPoopFace

At the moment you can message the bot with !ship # to keep MVP status if you want to change ships, but I suspect it would be easier and faster if could switch ships and keep MVP status without messaging the bot?

In regards to prizes, would it be a better idea to grant points as prizes and making ?buy more accessible and maybe cheaper instead?
                    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager
                    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Pub games are good. There are rewards depending on bounty, length of the game and a few other things...... It's fun getting decoys or shield after a long win. Nice going and keep up the sweet work.

_AG
                      Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
                      I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

The bot is going to be modified so that players can change ships without having to message the bot or lose the ability to become MVP. That is currently in the works.

I think reviewing the prize system from the bots in Publics would be the next step, then work on revamping the ?buy system so enhance or make playing more fun.

Will look at your guys ideas for prizing points. Thanks.
                        "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                        • Shark
                        • Dicer
                        • Sager
                        • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

It should prize max amounts of decoys aswell as repleshining everything being a jav a win helps get max shrap anyway which is quite useful.

Comment

Bounty has never meant much to me except when I am a levi. I like to see my name up there in the victory credits and I like the idea of being prized useful or fun things.

I like the idea of being able to save up to buy prizes of my choosing and if they could be bought without having to trek to a safezone this would be even better. I think it best they be limited to 1 full set of each from safezones during a round so that a team on a winning streak cannot use them repeatedly to dominate.

Any prizes a ship cannot normally green should be avoided or be incredibly rare. If people want ships with super, shields and thor then revive Distension!

For MVP calculations I would suggest a weighted combination of kills, FR kills, FR terrier kills, flag grabs and time spent in FR and mid. Only the top scoring half of the team that exceed a minimum score should be MVPs.

Streaks or survival should not be a factor because MVP is a reward for being useful to the team. Perhaps individual feats could be rewarded separately.

Switching to make team numbers more uneven or switching to the winning team when there is no imbalance should negate MVP for the entire battle.

A significant ratio of teamkills should negate MVP although perhaps sharks should get a more generous allowance - I think you sometimes need to risk repped mines to defend properly and the poor things don't have bullets.

Switching ship only seems important when you are switching from the sole base-shark or base-terrier. Doing this should negate MVP. Switching to a preferred ship to gain a bonus may become a problem if rewards ever become long term and ship-specific though.

Comment

Working...
                            X