No announcement yet.

client keeps alt-tabbing of its own accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this same problem for about a month or two, and I don't have AVG, I have McAfee.

I've run spybot, adaware, I always have mcafee up to date, and cant figure out at all what the hell it is.

Comment

well at least i'm not alone.

perhaps a support group is in order?

i looked at tweak ui and it turns out i already had that focus option checked. i did just recently upgrade to avg9, so i'm betting that's the culprit. hate to mess with other av software. i've been using avg for years now and i'm just too used to it to bother with anything else.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i R ch3at0r
        (castromarx)>reaver, accord and i are busy playing with our balls

1:JAMAL> just farted smells good as fuk

Argentina> weeeee oooooh weeeee oooooh
        Argentina> look at me kids!
        Argentina> I'm an ambulance!

Comment

If you're having trouble with AVG, I can recommend another free antivirus - Avast.
          It works well, fast and most of all - it's free
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

actually i used to use avast before i switched over to avg. i think the only reason i switched was because, at the time, avg seemed to be a bit more streamlined. it's really gone downhill though.

was poking around the [h]ard forums and there's a lot of praise for microsoft security essentials over there. that and nod32. i think i might give mse a shot. i'm tired of seeing 2384283438 avg related processes in my task manager.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

WOW!

mse is pretty sweet.

my seriously old system (p4 2.4b with 1gb of pc1066 rdram, yes that's right, rdram) is quite noticeably more responsive with avg out of the way.

only two processes running for mse.

MsMpEng.exe
              msseces.exe

as compared to the 7 or 8 or 9 or whatever the hell it was for avg.

i'm definitely digging this.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Cheers for the info Jason.

MSE requires a legit copy of Windows... which I have but for others might not be an option.

(Will try out MSE when I get frustrated enough!)

Comment

lots of ways to get around windows genuine advantage validation. ;]

i'm still loving mse. unfortunately my old system (the one i outlined in my previous post) finally crapped out on me after 7.5 years of faithful service. i'm running on an even older and crappier backup system for the time being and mse works like a charm on this as well.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

True

Hopefully when running MSE, I'll see an improvement in my framerate - it's 60 most of the time but sometimes annoyingly dips to 50.

Comment

Oh cool I've been having this problem for a few days too...
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

avg is gay. Breaks everything.
                        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I've been having a similar issue on Vista, I use Avira Antivir. Basically, every day at exactly midnight the system will minimize whatever I have open and go to desktop, and the taskbar will appear to "resize". So far I haven't heard or read of anyone having this problem.
                          2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                          2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                          2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                          2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                          2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                          1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                          1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                          1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

I switched from Avira to MSE and it has been wonderful. The only pop-up you get is when it finds a virus, and doing virus scans hardly does anything with the speed of your computer. Very little fuss about it. You have to be apart of a cloud (spynet), but it's not much of a problem.
                            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Working...
                            X