A guide to Tking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide to Tking

In the spirit of passing knowledge to those who might use it, here are some of my recommendations for a rather under-used tactic, TKing.

The tker's big weakness is that it's targets generally move, and don't stay by walls when you bomb them. In general, the more they move, the more important it is to read the direction of your target. If you fire directly at their current location toward anyone but a stationary target, they'll dodge it easily and report you. But there are ways to work around this.

First some general guidelines though:
    - Be prepared to switch between frequencies as needed to find the most stationary targets inside the base at any moment. It seems obvious if you've spent some time in pub, but I don't see other TKers do it very often. When you switch frequencies, most players expect you to bomb at the blue ships, but this is wrong and should be avoided at all costs. The enemy team is trying to win, and who are you to say no to that? When you fire a bomb, aim it directly toward the largest crowd of yellow ships near the wall. You can often surprise them with a quick bomb right after the base warp. No other yellow ship besides a shark/lanc can do this effectively to their teammates than a jav.

- Avoid undercover mods who may or may not be speccing you in the act. The TK'ers second biggest weakness, after their sometimes ineffectiveness at switching frequencies, is a staff member trying to ban you. Unless you really know the person on staff, try to leave yourself enough time to write an explanation such as "oops" "wrong button" "bad aim!" or other lame excuses.

- Use your own freq's terr shamelessly. After you attach to him, detact and then do your best to TK his ass into being a bitch and reporting. As all newbs go, they shamelessly use ?cheater and ?help calls in the near impossible hope that a staff member will be present, and if so, care. If the staff member is a huge nerd (which he probably is if he is spending time in public), then you will have to use choice words such as "fuck you newbie" "suck my dick faggot" or "I'll DDOS the server if you even talk to me you piece of shit"

- Use wall bounces for extra speed. This is a corollary of using afterburn. If you afterburn into a wall and do not release afterburn or the direction you're thrusting, the wall will give you a bounce that briefly boosts your speed and help you on your quest to TK unsuspecting newbs. Turn as you afterburn into and then away from the wall (or afterburn going backwards), and you can fire a very fast bomb shot into your freq's terr with this method. It may take some practice if you're not familiar with using wall bounces. Another good way to catch people off guard.

Ship to ship combat:
    The third weakness of the TKer is that he forgets his primary mission is to kill yellow ships and piss everyone off. It takes 2 warnings before you get banned. In case you do get banned, what can you do about it? Make sure you have a chat with vys and delectable, and ask them how to evade. Chuckle is another good example. Change your name to something slightly above your already stupid name (something like aznpubnewb123) into something like crackberry, twoface, ivf, etc.

That's all I've got for now. Feel free to contribute additional tips.

Cranky staff who will only say worthless things here as usual can piss up a rope (whatever the fuck this means).
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

great thread
    thanks

Comment

boo
      Last edited by Scurvy; 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM.

Comment

About time someone writes a meaningful guide
        1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

nice av, whered you find it?
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Quality work right here.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

If staff were to ever get wise of this, just send them this picture. They'll understand.

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

If TKing isn't working out as effectively as you wish, you may also run into enemy bombs/mines that your team is trying to dodge and enjoy the explosion!
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

well done
                  TW Bot Developer
                  TW Web Developer
                  Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                  Friends> It's like death

Comment

im tryin to make a point here

people make mistakes

its not a mistake that should define a person for the rest of their life

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Don't forget freq-switching on friendly lev mines in flag room (needs 2 ppl or a stupid lev on team).
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

I had a good lol. But you're still an asshole.
                        Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                        2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

Originally posted by exalt View Post
                          the enemy team is trying to win, and who are you to say no to that?
                          rofl
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

tight post bro nice man thanks bro
                            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                            beam> stfu tsunami
                            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

ok...BRO
                              Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Working...
                              X