Clear All

• Continuum Marketing: ACTIVE

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?sho...d=258484&st=0&

Everything below is Google Adwords Advertisements

Start date: December 11, 2009

***As of 2:48PM EST 2/3/10***
    Current Balance:$1.36 (low funds)
    Current Daily Budget: $3.50 (forced)
    Current Status: Active (only 6PM-10PM EST)
    ***As of 2:48PM EST 2/3/10***

Formula for Daily Budget: Current balance / 30
    Daily budget is updated every day; current balance is equal to the daily budget of the day before subtracted from the balance of yesterday. This will keep the advertisements going for quite a while. Download the Excel 2007 sheet here.

Current Advertisements

------------

Donations:
    Code:
    Date        Amount ($)    Donor
    11/27/2009    4.16         L.C.
    11/29/2009    25.00        L.C.
    12/05/2009    10.00        L.C.
    12/06/2009    15.00        PoLiX
    12/22/2009    100.00       Xog
    12/28/2009    5.00         Russky
    1/7/2010      100.00       Evasive (donation for Facebook advertising only)
    1/21/2010      30.00       Xog
    L.C. and I started goofing around with advertisements for continuum. We started off with Facebook, which wound up being way too expensive (I was drained of $50 in a single night trying to target a large audience).

L.C. then launched a Google AdWords campaign. He's invited me to join him on his marketing adventure and so far we're doing incredibly well.

So if you're feeling in the holiday spirit, you can send donations to [the advertisement fund] subspace@hlrse.net or subspace@bluetoast.org via PayPal. Contact L.C. on SSForum.net if you would like to donate but cannot do so through PayPal. All of the money we receive will go straight to the funding of the advertisement.

I can give out statistics/reports to anyone who is interested.

**FACE BOOK ADs 1/10/10 - 1/12/10**
    TWO-DAY ADs ($100)
    Daily Budget: $50.00
    CPM Bid: $0.12
    Target Criteria: Ages 13-17, Canada
    Keywords: None

Since I can't post more than 3 images in a post here's the links to the two results (a lot!)
    http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/ssf_ssad...on100-50db.png
    http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/ssf_ssad...n100-50db2.png
    --Those are the results of Evasive's donation
    Last edited by Xog; 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM.

Originally posted by Xog View Post
    http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?sho...d=258484&st=0&

Current Balance: $100.00
    Current Daily Budget: $3.33
    Current Status: Active

Current Advertisements

------------

L.C. and I started goofing around with advertisements for continuum. We started off with Facebook, which wound up being way too expensive (I was drained of $50 in a single night trying to target a large audience).

L.C. then launched a Google AdWords campaign. He's invited me to join him on his marketing adventure and so far within an hour we've reached an astonishing impression:click rate.

A few hours got us nearly 10,000 impressions and 22 clicks (just at the cost of $3.33).

So if you're feeling in the holiday spirit, you can send donations to subspace@hlrse.net or subspace@bluetoast.org via PayPal. Contact L.C. on SSForum.net if you would like to donate but cannot do so through PayPal.

I can give out statistics/reports to anyone who is interested.
    If you guys want to donate, I'll take 50% of what you would have given L.C. or Xog . I'll promise you some impressions and clicks, provide statistics, etc.

Send me some money

Comment

please pm me everything you know about advertising on facebook

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
        please pm me everything you know about advertising on facebook

thanks
        http://www.facebook.com/advertising/?src=pf

Comment

Update

As of 12/28/2009 9:38AM EST we have had, from the beginning (12/11/2009) until now:

Impressions: 145,484
          Clicks: 551
          Cost: $37.52 USD

We have also added Googly Analytics code to www.getcontinuum.com to see how many people are downloading the client after clicking the advertisement. We will provide results with the next update (1 week from now).
          Last edited by Xog; 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

This sounds good, but I think we need to combine this with something that will keep people playing after they've tried it. I don't think we can solve this by adding some automated stuff or even with a tutorial arena. Maybe staff can create a new position where volunteers somehow gets notified about new players so they can get some personal guidance to why this game is worth playing.

I'll volunteer myself to do something like this if there is no other staff related strings attached.

We need to tell them what the pubs are, how hosted events works, what the elim and TWD arenas are, how to use the basic commands of the game like ?go elim, and how squads work in this game.

I don't think the players of today have the patience to sit down and figure this out on their own when there are a plethora of prettier and newer games around.
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
              volunteers somehow gets notified about new players so they can get some personal guidance to why this game is worth playing.
              Unless the servers get converted to ASSS, this would be impossible. As far as I'm aware, this would have to be a feature added to subgame in order for the biller to notify staff of actual, NEW players. The subgame is under lockdown and the only person to ever crack subgame has pretty much entirely severed all connections with subspace and his contacts.

Edit:
              However, I've noticed in other zones when I enter, I'm actually spoken to by staff members if I need any assistance. They take a look at my rec, my squad, and my name and if they don't recognize it, they just say hey, ask if I need any help, if I'm new, or anything. I don't see why TW staff doesn't do that.
              Last edited by Xog; 12-28-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Oh jesus christ we know were fucked once we start letting faggots advertise for the game
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                  Unless the servers get converted to ASSS, this would be impossible.
                  I disagree, this is quite possible. We can look at the usage of a player entering and see if he has other names registered already. If both turn out he is "new" (0 usage and this is his first or second name registered), he/she can always be asked if he requires assistance to the game. Just take a look at this page. It will always be possible that it's a vet registering a new name though.

With a few modifications to a few bots, I can make a bot report a "new" player entering the zone to a (local) chat but there has to be enough support before I will actually implement this.
                  It's possible that staff can pick this up but seeing current staff performance, I doubt there will be enough support for this.
                  Maverick
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                  Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                  Subspace Statistics Administrator
                  Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Didn't think of using a bot to check for other registered names/IPs/MacIDs. It's a good idea.

If anybody has any ideas to implement or suggestions regarding advertising, let L.C. or me know

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                      This sounds good, but I think we need to combine this with something that will keep people playing after they've tried it. I don't think we can solve this by adding some automated stuff or even with a tutorial arena. Maybe staff can create a new position where volunteers somehow gets notified about new players so they can get some personal guidance to why this game is worth playing.

I'll volunteer myself to do something like this if there is no other staff related strings attached.

We need to tell them what the pubs are, how hosted events works, what the elim and TWD arenas are, how to use the basic commands of the game like ?go elim, and how squads work in this game.

I don't think the players of today have the patience to sit down and figure this out on their own when there are a plethora of prettier and newer games around.
                      Just getting back into TW myself but am thinking about joining staff again. (If they will have me back that is) I would be down for something like this. Helping people out was my favorite part of being staff.
                      Mootland Farmer> Yeah, I have bad toe fetish. Like a koala and gum leaves kinda fetish.

Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Thorkell <ZH>> Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                        Oh jesus christ we know were fucked once we start letting faggots advertise for the game
                        Would you rather not have this game be advertised at all? Atleast someone is doing SOMETHING to get more people play the game.
                        -_-
                        TWLD Champion 2014
                        TWDTB Champion 2013
                        TWDTB Champion 2016
                        TWDTB Champion 2017
                        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Overall so far:
                          Impressions: 321,450
                          Clicks: 976

--
                          LC's suggested we do a splurge and increase our daily budget for one day to see how many more clicks/impressions we get. Will post the results of that tomorrow. I also suggested we increase our normal daily spending budget from $2.50 to at least $3.50 and our CPC a little bit.

Comment

I for one am not going to say anything bad about Xog in this thread. If you actually read it, he is doing quite a bit for TW. I give him props.
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              I for one am not going to say anything bad about Xog in this thread. If you actually read it, he is doing quite a bit for TW. I give him props.

I think a picture like this is appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X