No announcement yet.

Continuum Marketing: ACTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like most of our clicks are from spiders. Regardless though, we have had 176 people visit getcontinuum.com just from the google adwords. It is only tracking re-direct links to getcontinuum.com from the advertisements. I really can't wait to see tomorrow's results with our price spike!

Also something to note - we are getting RETURNING visitors. The only thing to determine, is if they're the spiders, or PEOPLE returning.

Last edited by Xog; 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog
      I really can't wait to see tomorrow's results with our price spike!
      result:
      yesterday we got 191 clicks and 101,000 impressions.

Originally posted by Xog
      We have also added Googly Analytics code to www.getcontinuum.com to see how many people are downloading the client after clicking the advertisement. We will provide results with the next update (1 week from now).
      A few days ago we took a look at it and it was saying that nobody had downloaded the client but the possibility of the setup being incorrect was there. So we asked freakmonger to see how many times the client was downloaded on the page since 12/11/09. To our great satisfaction, it was set up incorrectly. However to our dismay, the bots/spiders are accessing the download link, so we are unable to get a clear picture of how many "people" are downloading the client. I did suggest we had a captcha image verification but the idea was shot down by Dr. Brain by a valid point - those tend to shoo people away. That's the last thing we want.

Originally posted by freakmonger
      I'm afraid that bots are accessing the download links...

getcontinuum.com January 2010 Monthly Stats:

URL - /downloads/continuum/Continuum040Setup.exe

Hits on Above URL - 663

Dec and Nov had 5000+ hits on that URL each month...

And you don't even want to see some of the search strings being used lol
      Last edited by Xog; 01-06-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Where do I dump my money?
        2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
        2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
        2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
        2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
        2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
        1:spider> Wooooohoo!
        1:spider> .*passes the hat*
        1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

See first post on how to donate (very simple with paypal):

Originally posted by Xog
          So if you're feeling in the holiday spirit, you can send donations to [the advertisement fund] subspace@hlrse.net or subspace@bluetoast.org via Paypal. Contact L.C. on SSForum.net if you would like to donate but cannot do so through PayPal. All of the money we receive will go straight to the funding of the advertisement.
          Last edited by Xog; 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

nice one xog. i only wish i could still play, as now i have a mac!

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
              nice one xog. i only wish i could still play, as now i have a mac!
              Easy fix!

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvAKi2WxOs8

For the guide:
              http://krslynx.com/index.php?option=...d=51&Itemid=59

Comment

money generated from the ads on these forums should be somewhat diverted into the ad campaign
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Although this would be helpful, I'm not going to ask that they do that. I think upgrading servers to improve the game and the user's experience by running an ASSS server would be more important than this. However if that's their desire then I'm sure L.C. will have no problem accepting their donations

Comment

I want AS3 and I want it now.

hearing ASS(s) from xog is distrubing, call it AS3 instead <3

Comment

On Sunday, the SSC network broke 1,000 users. This hasn't been seen in a while.

Originally posted by PoLiX
                      Was today "Get Online Day"? or what?
                      Originally posted by L.C.
                      The global concurrent population is somewhere between 200 to 400 more players than usual, no? (Measured this at time of posting.)

EDIT: 500 as a reach.

EDIT2: Dude! Check Google Analytics. There is a nice traffic spike. Three times the traffic than when we ran the Google advertisements with a daily budget of $17.50 or a max search CPC of $3.50 (default being $0.10). Almost 1000 visitors on 1/9/2010!

EDIT3: Hahaha, they're all coming from reddit.com

EDIT4: And here it is... *drum roll*
                      http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...there_its_one/
                      Originally posted by PoLiX
                      email me the link again, lost it.

And 975 on my list... 991 on playsubspace dir.

Definately +150 over normal sunday.

Edit: Broke 1000 w/ SSC Population @ 994
                      You heard em guys, we're getting tons of users coming from reddit.com because of the google adwords campaign.

Click this link http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...there_its_one/

click register, make a username/pass (no email required) and just click the "up" button on the top left of the page.

Comment

It was fun to see the reddit post :P

A website who was doing a Zelda marathon saw it's viewers spike from 300-500 to about 2350 (and constantly over 1000 for most of the duration) mostly because of reddit.
                        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                          You heard em guys, we're getting tons of users coming from reddit.com because of the google adwords campaign.
                          Click this link http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...there_its_one/
                          click register, make a username/pass (no email required) and just click the "up" button on the top left of the page.
                          Go go go everyone, do it! It took me 30 seconds to do.. you don't even have to activate your account to do it.
                          TW Bot Developer
                          TW Web Developer
                          Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                          Friends> It's like death

Comment

Thank Evasive for his facebook campaign layout and $100 donation. Here are the results from his instructions:

First 24 hours

48 hour Grand Total

Comment

but what does that mean?

just 246 ppl clicked the link to some continuum website for 100$ spend?! how many of those actually downloaded the game? 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                                but what does that mean?

just 246 ppl clicked the link to some continuum website for 100$ spend?! how many of those actually downloaded the game? 1?
                                no, 246 on the first day, which was ~$50. overall there was 433 people that clicked on the ad.

That's just from Evasive's two-day facebook Ad campaign layout he had for us.

With google adwords we've had, from the beginning to now:
                                Impressions: 548,178
                                Clicks: 1,419
                                Spent: $138.95
                                (Last checked over a week ago) Clicks on the download URL: 663
                                If you're not sure what impressions / clicks are:
                                1 impression count is 1 time that the ad was displayed on someone's page.
                                1 click count is someone clicking on the advertisement that was an impression (not someone going to the website directly)

So, no, I doubt only 1 person actually downloaded the game. I'd guess about 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X