Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency { HopOne causing latency in Europe }

Arr, matey.

This problem has existed for a very long time and it is about time that we do something about it. HopOne does not care a horseshit about what's going on, and our ISPs can't do much about it either.

Several players are unable to play every day, and it seems to get worse and worse. There are times when you can't play for an entire day because of the 780ms latency and packetlosses.

If you ask me, there's four possible fixes..

#1: Everyone that wants to play has to get a new ISP that does not have any routing issues with Trench Wars server (such as Welho in Finland)
    #2: Start using a proxy when playing. Finding a good one is a pain in the ass + they change way too often.
    #3: Start using a premium VPN, which will cost quite a bunch of money per month.
    #4: Moving the server to a better location.

This is why I really want to know..

.. how much would it cost to move SSCU Trench Wars server to a different location, such as New York? Zones such as Hyperspace and Hockey Zone have virtually no latency issues and Europeans have 10ms to 30ms less latency there.

Rant'd. Barton told me to post it somewhere, so I posted it.

I would also want to know if there is a way to re-route the gaming path from my router to the game server.

Comment

Moving the server will always be a bad idea as long as we're hosted by Priit K.

Priit K. currently hosts our zone. It's quite stable and we don't have to pay him anything. Moving away from that server would be a nightmare because it's going to be hard to get all the zone files (I doubt Priit K. would give them up so easy) and we are going to start paying for our own server which would cost somebody money each month (that's alot of money over the years).
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Working...
      X