No announcement yet.

Suggestions/Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who thinks spiders really belong in a base and not "in outer space" like a warbird?
    Where do you see a spider do most use, in base or outside base?
    I think spider duels should take place inside the bases, like real spiders play

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
      Make this impossible:

396 Dueling PhyRe defeats mineral 0-0 #530 847 -9 0:8 Forfeit (Warping)
      395 Dueling stuckup defeats mineral 0-0 #528 857 -5 0:6 Forfeit (Warping)
      387 Dueling delectable defeats mineral 0-0 #526 863 -30 0:5 Forfeit (Warping)
      386 Dueling mineral defeats delectable 0-0 #507 894 +22 0:2 Forfeit (Warping)
      381 Dueling Ravage defeats mineral 5-0 #520 872 -16 1:36 Forfeit (Warping)
      376 Dueling Ravage defeats mineral 0-0 #511 889 -19 0:6 Forfeit (Warping)
      375 Dueling Ravage defeats mineral 0-0 #496 909 -22 0:6 Forfeit (Warping)
      373 Dueling Ravage defeats mineral 0-0 #468 932 -26 0:9 Forfeit (Warping)

First off remove all 0-0 win games. And furthermore don't count aces except in 10-0 games. Winning 0-0 or 1-0 on a lagout shouldn't give you an ace. Increase lagout time to 2:00 instead of 1:00.
      First let me say that I fucking hate Sleepy Weasel, so me admitting he has a good idea is a big step, my therapist says I may be ready to talk to a girl as soon as next spring.

Anyways I left a ?message for Mef about one of my ideas.

I also thought of making the WB dueling box a little smaller, it's kinda hard to find your opponent sometimes (maybe just for me?)
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Yeah, and there's too much rocks.

No random for spider would be good, shows more skill than luck.

Stalfos: Nice banner, Cool Spot!

Comment

ncs at elimination death

how can u check for NCS at the elim deaths, it kind of sucks to lose this way.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
            Yeah, and there's too much rocks.

No random for spider would be good, shows more skill than luck.
            I think the amount of rocks is good now. A lot less than it was in the first place. Secondly the spider dmg is already fixed at something over 500.

Also sleepy's suggestions are good.
            TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
            TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
            TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Re: Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Originally posted by Stalfos
              Suggestion: Remove the under-tiles that are beneath the ships at the *warpto points. Although they look very nice on the map, they mess me up when i see one on radar and i think it is the 2x2 size rock. Personally, i prefer having the radar correct rather than the very stylish over/under tiles on the map. They do look nice though
              1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

In the hallf of fame change from minimum 5 games to minimum 25 (or 50) games. 5 is way too small.

Comment

Re: Everything!

Originally posted by NaiLed
                  Stalfos: Nice banner, Cool Spot!
                  Heh, thanks man.
                  Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                  I also thought of making the WB dueling box a little smaller, it's kinda hard to find your opponent sometimes (maybe just for me?)
                  Personally, i think the # of rocks and the size of the wb/spider arena is just fine... it never takes me more than 30-45 seconds to find my opponent, but it rarely ever takes that long.
                  Originally posted by Malladrin
                  Am I the only one who thinks spiders really belong in a base and not "in outer space" like a warbird?
                  Where do you see a spider do most use, in base or outside base?
                  I think spider duels should take place inside the bases, like real spiders play
                  I also agree with you that spiders are not a good dueling ship, personally i think it should just be ONLY jav and warbird. However, if people really want other ships, my opinion is that only other good ships that'd work are lancs in dueling/warbird arena, sharks in base/jav arena. Those seem like the only other ones that'd work well.... although i guess a lot of people seem to like spiders so that'll probably stay anyways.

As long as wb duel to 10 remains the same (or improved), i'm satisfied

Comment

Spiders are fun. They stay. WB should go.

Comment

it says dont warp again when game starts.. umm and if we have nc: i'm on my last death.. i shot him.. he shots me right after that.. he wins...
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Server> dont worry mirror
                      Server> shark fits your tits
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up
                      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                      1:Hercules> im level 90
                      1:Hercules> in 9d
                      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

why doesnt' anyone use warp rule?

This is getting me agrivated. Everyone uses winby2 nc 10. Why doesn't anyone use warp rule?

Without the warp rule it just becomes who has best reflexes rather then actual skill. What's the point in killing somoene, waiting a second, killing him, wiating a second, killing him. You never get a chance to recover and you can just die 5 times in a row without being able to help it.

With the warp rule you pop up in another area of the arena when you die. So you get a chance to recooperate and try a diffrent stradegy to fight back with. But when you just spawn where you die, you have to struggle like hell to get control to where your not just gonna be shot at instantly.

I think warp rule should be permenent if you want to have your records kept on the website. cuase without it it's just takes away all the skill in dueling. Everyones been playing duels with warping for years in private arenas.. Why ruin what may be the greatest thing since elim with the ability to just spawn where you die and having newbs saying, " oh it's just much faster this way, and i can get my kills and games played up much faster". Wooopie doo, god damit. That's what everyone wants? to see there stats go up faster then anyone elses? Isn't the point to this duel thing to show how good you are at dueling? you can't tell when you just warp where you die and your constantly worring about not getting killed 5 times in a row from a jerk who doesn't back off after they kill you.

Ya. there are some cool poeple out there that give you a chance to fight back. But, if everyone is fighting for rec rather then seeing who is better player then eventually its just gonna get lamer and lamer to the point where everyone just sits there spawning rather then actually using skill to win.

Why can't we just play the way we been playing in every game in tw so far, by spawning. so what if it takes longer to find the other person! least it's more enjoyable rather then being a frantic and non-skillfull duel.

Comment

If someone challenges you and you don't like their rules just rechallenge them with your rules.

As far as it's been my experience all the better players (with the exception of about 2 guys) pretty much have respect for each other to back up after a kill at least somewhat. The new players who try to get cheap spawn kills... well you should beat them anyway I say. I agree that warping is a little nicer, I actually told a squadmate it was annoying that he kept pressing after me after I killed him because my only options are to spawn him which I didn't want to do or back up for about a minutes until I can recapture position which isn't exactly fun.... but don't get carried away there, just challenge with the rules you like, it's not the end of the world.

Comment

On the TWEL website it pushes games off the "View your duels" page such as Squadless's:

http://www.trenchwars.org/TWEL/index...profile&id=190

Would it be possible to make the older duels viewable, perhaps in a page format (Such as the forums) to save bandwidth, or just all on one page
                            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

ya i have no problem doing that. but no one wants to play with warping. And everyone does it just cause it's faster. Everytime i ask them why the hell they use no warping cuaes i can't figure out one good reason for not having it yet. They all say cuase it's faster. sigh

so far i played 2 warping games and 3 non warping. won both warping games and lost all 3 non. Cuase everyone just sits there and be's so lame after they kill you. yet in warping even the toughest players are easier cuase there is no worring about spawning and not giving the other person a chance to fight..

I just wish more poeple used warping acuase it's so gay that everyone just uses without it just cuase it's faster and shit.

Anyone have a good reason to stick with non warping? i'd like to hear some, really... Besides being faster! sigh (should just use to 5 if you want if faster...)

Comment

Originally posted by Zengrath
                                ya i have no problem doing that. but no one wants to play with warping.
                                I use warp.
                                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                                X