strange word wrap issue with new version of vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange word wrap issue with new version of vbulletin

not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but it's driving me nuts.

i use a multitude of browsers to view the forums. i have seen this issue in ie6, ie8, firefox 3.5 and the latest dev build of chrome.

my posts all have this weird word wrap. if anyone has ever paid attention to the way ara usually writes his posts, it's just like that. lines of text are all cut much shorter than the width of the screen. this only affects the most recent post in the thread. so for example, if i were to immediately re-post in this thread, only the second post would show this word wrap issue. my first post would correct itself.

edit: i imagine this has something to do with a botched div width in the forum css. i would be more than happy to go over the css to look for the issue if someone can send me the file(s).

edit #2: apparently, once i edit my post the word wrap is corrected, too.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

even more curious is that when i log off, browse elsewhere, and then return to the forums, my original post (including the edits) once again has the word wrap.

wtf?

did a quick search of the vbulletin support forums and i'm not seeing a whole lot of chatter about this. seems like it's a very noticeable bug. you'd think more people would be talking about it.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

oh for christ's sake.

in my testing the other day, the issue was only affecting the most recent post within a thread. thus far, every post i've made in this thread has word wrap.

apparently it's a hit or miss issue. it's either a problem with the css or with the javascript vb is using to render the page.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I just don't care anymore
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
        X