Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How much would you pay for a monthly donation to advertisements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: How much would you pay for a monthly donation to advertisements?

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=24321

If you have an SSForum username, sign in and vote. I'm posting this link here to help get a wider audience.

i'm more interested in decreasing the population. half the people in pub are insufferable

$10 per lifetime ban + $5 for the staffer who does it

edit: changed quarter to half
    Last edited by Ilya; 01-27-2010, 12:29 AM.
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I wouldn't pay anything to help improve the population because I'm a nanny poopoohead.

Sigh once again I can't get past certain things in your poll man. Who says shit like that?
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

People with a childlike sense of humor

Comment

i don't have an account on that but to be honest i wouldn't vote on that poll anyway as it is really badly done.

in fact it is such a badly presented poll that it would put me off donating to a such a fund even if i could afford to as i'd expect inefficient use off the money and it largely to be wasted achieving little in terms of new players.

i do think your heart is in the right place but i'm unconvinced by that.

was this for adwords campaign or banner ads or something ?

a good hope would be a gamers mag bundling this game on a demo disk etc or promoting it in a short review for some retro chic or if the game worked on linux and came as part of the default ubunto distro etc (that would never happen of course) that might bump up the population for a bit.

though i'm sure these things have allready been looked at
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            I wouldn't pay anything to help improve the population because I'm a nanny poopoohead.

Sigh once again I can't get past certain things in your poll man. Who says shit like that?
            I second this.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

404, Actually, it's a polite form for "godless commy liberal scum" and "rightwingnut neo-Nazi fundamentalist."

-http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=21&nav=messages&webtag=ws-religion&tid=166919&redirCnt=1

PD, I can understand the confusion when first reading the poll, but this is something that's been going on for almost 2 months now and I wanted to see, in general, how much people would donate on average per month. The poll in that thread wasn't aimed to find a specific number by highest voted answer to set a value at which we can ask for a certain amount every month, but just to see the consensus of everyone's personal opinion - and find the average.

Once I get a good average, I'm going to make a poll of "Would you donate $x.xx per month to the Adwords Campaign" with a Yes and No answer. If the answer comes to a majority No, then we're not going to be doing it.

I hope this cleared some stuff up.

Comment

the topic itself is somewhat misleading, as what is the $98 a month for? Anyone can host a forum, Hostgator will sell you hosting for this at roughly $8.00 a month or $96 for the entire year on a tier one server:

UNLIMITED Domains
                UNLIMITED Disk Space
                UNLIMITED Bandwidth

And with Fantasitico on the control panel you can load any type forum you want or import one from another site that already is up...without a need for advertisement!

Not knowing what the donations would be for or applied to on the poll you have, I can not say that I would even have interest in supporting this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                  the topic itself is somewhat misleading, as what is the $98 a month for? Anyone can host a forum, Hostgator will sell you hosting for this at roughly $8.00 a month or $96 for the entire year:

UNLIMITED Domains
                  UNLIMITED Disk Space
                  UNLIMITED Bandwidth

Not knowing what the donations would be for or applied to on the poll you have, I can not say that I would even have interest in supporting this anymore.
                  It's for this: http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=24109

6 different people have donated so far, for a total of $288.35 from November 27, 2009 to now. A few people said they won't donate when I asked if they would because not a lot of other people are, so why bother? The poll had an extra viewpoint in mind, and that's to see how many people actually WOULD donate on a monthly basis so that hopefully more people would realize they're not the only one who's thinking, "Hmm, I'm thinking about donating but is it really worth it? Nobody else I know is..."

Comment

This is the point though! Why do you even need to have Google Adwords? Is this to get the word out for the game itself and accumulate a new player base on a free PC game over 10 years old?

I dunno...especially on FB, as I think more people would rather play that dumbass game Pirates or Farmville than download SS. Don't get me wrong on this, as I would hope this game can last for quite sometime even though I stopped playing years ago. It is just a hard sell to today's gamers that are on PSP3, X-Box and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                      This is the point though! Why do you even need to have Google Adwords? Is this to get the word out for the game itself and accumulate a new player base on a free PC game over 10 years old?

I dunno...especially on FB, as I think more people would rather play that dumbass game Pirates or Farmville than download SS. Don't get me wrong on this, as I would hope this game can last for quite sometime even though I stopped playing years ago. It is just a hard sell to today's gamers that are on PSP3, X-Box and so on.
                      Yep. That's exactly it. Sorry, it would have been a lot easier to understand what it was if the images didn't expire from imageshack. In his post he had copies of the images of the banners/pictures/etc that were being displayed through Google Adwords. If they were there it would've been a lot easier to understand

http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/gaw_ss4.png
                      http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/gaw_ss6.png
                      http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/gaw_ss7.png

and more, for a total of 25 different ads.

If you want to see the results of the ads so far,

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8099/adsqm.jpg

/GameDownloaded is how many times the game was downloaded (and it was only starting to be recorded from January 18th 2010, we have no idea how many times it was downloaded prior to that time)

Money well spent IMO.
                      Last edited by Xog; 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X