Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me for a far fetched speculation and uneducated mind on server functions, but does the MySQL's "1,970" connections correlate to people/bots connected to www.trenchwars.org AND the game server (are they on the same server)?

I noticed a lot of problems started to occur around mid December.. which is actually exactly when the advertisements started going up. Could be spiders crashing the server - not unheard of. I'm 99% sure I'm wrong though, just tossing it out there.
    Last edited by Xog; 01-28-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      After 18 years of managing firmware engineers
      u old lolz
      1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
      Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
      1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
      1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
      beam> stfu tsunami
      Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
      beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
      Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

appreciate the enlightenment, dock.

all of this software and hardware talk is making me nostalgic for my college days. should've finished that comp sci degree! (then again, sitting in a windowless lab for 8-10 hours a day really f'ed me up.)

guess there isn't much i can do to help. my java knowledge is extremely rusty, at best, and i never got into database management. still don't mind donating some money though, if it's needed.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Even if this isn't ideal conversation between Mav and P_L going on here, at least everyone knows whats going on now. Thanks to Dock for coming back and helping us out, too.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

y u noops not paying monthly bills
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Updated see 1st post.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                TWCore is down for now.
                Bots are down again?
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I think that this whole conversation can pretty much be brought down to we as a zone fucked ourselves, after bitching about the fact that there are too many bots being coded for every single stupid thing in TW it finally turns out that I was correct and now the zone has reached critical mass. Allowing shit like distension which was coded terrible to be brought over from the dev zone, or enigma, etc etc etc or any of the events that constantly crash bots and or the zone due to bad coding I am sure are partially to blame for this. I say just bug priitk for some old copies of roboref, some old copies of twbots, and just start from there and not let any jackass who says he is a coder go around making changes to twcore anymore.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

There is no such thing as critical mass at play here.
                    A few bots that were made are of poor quality but those bots were needed (they wouldn't be created if they weren't needed). Almost always the bots added to the quality and functionality possible in the zone.

Distension wasn't shit and actually provided a complete new gameplay to many players. Unfortunately it was stretching the limits of the possibilities of the server. If you want to discuss this, reply in the distension topic.

You wouldn't like if bots were reverted back to old code as lots of functionality would go lost and most bots would be far more unstable then the current versions.
                    Maverick
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                    Subspace Statistics Administrator
                    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      I think that this whole conversation can pretty much be brought down to we as a zone fucked ourselves, after bitching about the fact that there are too many bots being coded for every single stupid thing in TW it finally turns out that I was correct and now the zone has reached critical mass. Allowing shit like distension which was coded terrible to be brought over from the dev zone, or enigma, etc etc etc or any of the events that constantly crash bots and or the zone due to bad coding I am sure are partially to blame for this. I say just bug priitk for some old copies of roboref, some old copies of twbots, and just start from there and not let any jackass who says he is a coder go around making changes to twcore anymore.
                      +1
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

hey dock you singing beauty

when will you join the disoblige guys?

kudos
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          You wouldn't like if bots were reverted back to old code as lots of functionality would go lost and most bots would be far more unstable then the current versions.
                          Did you even play when TWD was first launched? The first TWD season was the best out of every reset since then. There were over 100 squads on the TWDD ladder, and maybe 50 on both TWJD and TWBD ladder. The top competition was completely different, you actually had to be good to win a TWLD title then, not just be a good shark or whatever. TWD rarely crashed, Mythrandir did a great job.

Elim arenas HAD TO be made bigger because the arena was just too full. Sure there were many more people in the zone back then, but there was no need of a flashy GAME OVER after each round, there was no need of counting Accuracy of shots fired every odd second or whatever this bot is counting now. Elim was fine with Robo Ref, except fora small avg bug which was fixed.

This zone's problem is that every damn new guy who can code/create something wants to create something new and shitty to feel important while chasing away the core-members of the zone who just want a functional elim.

TWLD finals had 250 people in the arena, what do you think people want the most out of a zone? fishies version #214234?

Pubs, elims, duel, pracs, twd, twl -> go
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

aye, it seems to me that the only "variable" is the new coding, TWD has been working fine before, so can't you just revert back to the bots + code that did work?
                            Displaced> I get pussy every day
                            Displaced> I'm rich
                            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                            Thors> prolly
                            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                              aye, it seems to me that the only "variable" is the new coding, TWD has been working fine before, so can't you just revert back to the bots + code that did work?
                              I think the coding might have changed so much that everything would have to be restarted, meaning squads would have to re-sign up and people would have to re-register and every single person would have to sign up to the roster, again. Unless the current settings could be imported to the old bots, I'm not sure. But I'm fairly certain there would be a massive change in the way things were done/updated on the TWD site, which would mean the site would have to be changed as well.

In any case, it would be a big decision to revert back to all the old settings, even just temporarily until the bots are fixed because it would probably be more work trying to change everything so the old bots can work rather than fix the current ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                                Did you even play when TWD was first launched? The first TWD season was the best out of every reset since then. There were over 100 squads on the TWDD ladder, and maybe 50 on both TWJD and TWBD ladder. The top competition was completely different, you actually had to be good to win a TWLD title then, not just be a good shark or whatever. TWD rarely crashed, Mythrandir did a great job.

Elim arenas HAD TO be made bigger because the arena was just too full. Sure there were many more people in the zone back then, but there was no need of a flashy GAME OVER after each round, there was no need of counting Accuracy of shots fired every odd second or whatever this bot is counting now. Elim was fine with Robo Ref, except fora small avg bug which was fixed.

This zone's problem is that every damn new guy who can code/create something wants to create something new and shitty to feel important while chasing away the core-members of the zone who just want a functional elim.

TWLD finals had 250 people in the arena, what do you think people want the most out of a zone? fishies version #214234?

Pubs, elims, duel, pracs, twd, twl -> go
                                This is the response from the people to staff.

I really want to here a reply to this post, as I believe it represents the thoughts of the majority here. will stay tuned. glad we've at least reached a point where we can discuss openly the problems with our server. Prior to this thread most of us hadn't a clue what was going on.
                                4:BigKing> xD
                                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                                X