Idea: Big Bullets for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Big Bullets for all

Instead of new players playing with tiny bullets for weeks/months/years until they find out they can change their graphics to play with bigger bullets that are easier to see, why not just make big bullets a default arena setting in every arena (someone correct me if this isn't possible)? It's hard enough for new players to compete with people with years more of experience, we really don't need extra non game play related things making it even harder. I've told dozens maybe hundreds of people about big bullets, but it would be much more effective just to change the arena settings and give them to everyone. The downside of this is you would have to choose one specific graphic that everyone would have to use, so setting up some arenas to test bullet graphics and then voting on them would probably be necessary.

hmmm this is an interesting (and very good) idea. i wonder if it would be possible to have bigbullets downloaded when you enter a pub, but have them stick no matter the arena.

as for which bigbullets, the ones qan packaged together with a batch file installer should be used. they're pretty much the standard.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
      Instead of new players playing with tiny bullets for weeks/months/years until they find out they can change their graphics to play with bigger bullets that are easier to see, why not just make big bullets a default arena setting in every arena (someone correct me if this isn't possible)? It's hard enough for new players to compete with people with years more of experience, we really don't need extra non game play related things making it even harder. I've told dozens maybe hundreds of people about big bullets, but it would be much more effective just to change the arena settings and give them to everyone. The downside of this is you would have to choose one specific graphic that everyone would have to use, so setting up some arenas to test bullet graphics and then voting on them would probably be necessary.
      +1

oh wait i shouldlnt " +1 " anything because according to super mod Ara, my opinion in this game is irrelevant and i have no right to express my opinions on here even if i am an active player who gives a fuk about this game
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
        +1

oh wait i shouldlnt " +1 " anything because according to super mod Ara, my opinion in this game is irrelevant and i have no right to express my opinions on here even if i am an active player who gives a fuk about this game
        -1 for posting something against my liege
        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          hmmm this is an interesting (and very good) idea. i wonder if it would be possible to have bigbullets downloaded when you enter a pub, but have them stick no matter the arena.

as for which bigbullets, the ones qan packaged together with a batch file installer should be used. they're pretty much the standard.
          what if you don't use BB's and don't want too
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Dunno what he packed up, but I use the ones on Paladen site since forever.
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

@mega: duh, wasn't thinking about that. guess you'd have to setup an opt in/out system via a bot. it greets you if it recognizes you as a new player and asks if you'd like to use regular or big bullets. then you set it and forget it.

@sertifi: pretty sure those are the ones qan packaged.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

BB sucks, and it distracts you even more under heavy fire.
                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

@mega: duh, wasn't thinking about that. guess you'd have to setup an opt in/out system via a bot. it greets you if it recognizes you as a new player and asks if you'd like to use regular or big bullets. then you set it and forget it.
                  I dont think thats possible with a bot.
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                  4:BigKing> xD

Comment

It isn't.
                    sdg

Comment

I am a bit against this idea, it may look good on paper but there are plenty of people that like the smaller bullets. At most there could be an arena that explains how you can get the bigbullets, with the arena having bullets.bm2 in the lvz file so they can see what it looks like. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                        I dont think thats possible with a bot.
                        It used to be possible with *sendfile, but this was removed from the game because some people would send others viruses :\

Comment

Yeah, some like to strip everything down to achieve the best possible edge and playability. And then some want to enjoy the game visually also. I didn't even recognize Quake III when my friend was playing it, every eye candy was gone and the game looked like something out of an Amiga 500 .
                          Ara / AraGee / Death
                          SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                          SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                          TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                          ----------------------------------------------

Comment

i was just spitballing. figured it wasn't possible with our bot core. could probably do it with as3, but we've been down that road and we all know a switch to as3 isn't coming any time soon.i don't mind letting people stumble upon bigbullets on their own. i prefer them simply because i have a shitty lcd and it's hard to see bullets otherwise.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Big bullets aren't good for shooting around walls, i use smalls with no problems and don't have the best monitor in the world.

Stop whining like a little mertle.

Comment

Working...
                              X