Idea: Big Bullets for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ara View Post
    Yeah, some like to strip everything down to achieve the best possible edge and playability. And then some want to enjoy the game visually also. I didn't even recognize Quake III when my friend was playing it, every eye candy was gone and the game looked like something out of an Amiga 500 .
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by inaphyt View Post
      Big bullets aren't good for shooting around walls, i use smalls with no problems and don't have the best monitor in the world.

Stop whining like a little mertle.
      huh? big bullets and small bullets are the same, making them smaller doesn't mean that they'll go through smaller areas.. -_-

fail logic.

Comment

what? we can have bigger bullets?!

While making the bullets bigger, colour the rocks something brighter so we can see them
        LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

you can do it yourself, by opening the bullets.bm2 in paint and editing it, or changing the .bm2 to .bmp extension, editing it, saving and changing it back from .bmp to .bm2

not hard. takes like 1min.

Comment

what's a mertle?
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

what we all need is turbans epic pink javelin setup for madness factor :wub:

created out of boredom

pew.

Comment

Now your ship matches your Diso banner.
                Ara / AraGee / Death
                SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                  Instead of new players playing with tiny bullets for weeks/months/years until they find out they can change their graphics to play with bigger bullets that are easier to see, why not just make big bullets a default arena setting in every arena (someone correct me if this isn't possible)? It's hard enough for new players to compete with people with years more of experience, we really don't need extra non game play related things making it even harder. I've told dozens maybe hundreds of people about big bullets, but it would be much more effective just to change the arena settings and give them to everyone. The downside of this is you would have to choose one specific graphic that everyone would have to use, so setting up some arenas to test bullet graphics and then voting on them would probably be necessary.
                  Agreed. It's a huge advantage as it gives you a better reflex. So for new players who are trying to play the game, it gives them more of an even playing ground if they have the same stuff that the vets use.

Implement this idea, fellas!
                  RaCka> how can i get you here
                  death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                  RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                  death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

No, I prefer to play with small bullets. I've never used big bullets, so I don't plan to start using it now. I don't mind if others use it, so if you can think of a way to satisfy both sides equally (without suddenly altering the system to benefit one side), then I'm all for it

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
                      No, I prefer to play with small bullets. I've never used big bullets, so I don't plan to start using it now. I don't mind if others use it, so if you can think of a way to satisfy both sides equally (without suddenly altering the system to benefit one side), then I'm all for it
                      It benefits everyone, not just one side.

But it may not satisfy both sides.
                      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                      3:Shadowmere> LOL
                      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                      Shadowmere> Rofl
                      Up in ya !> With his feet
                      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                      Up in ya !> l44t feet
                      Deft> l44t f44t*
                      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Turban you have a pink javelin? that's really amazing : D.

Shooting round corners, with smalls if the bullet hit's a wall it disappears or bounces with large graphics sometimes it will overlap the wall giving a false sense of aiming, until you get use to it i've tried big bullets it really puts you off precision.

Comment

Implement the big bullets for everyone to benefit the new players, wich is most important.

I think it shouldn't a problem for the vets like mega/lag killer or others to download tiny/mini/small bullets file and install it in the appropriate folder. Am I wrong?

There is your solution.

Comment

Originally posted by inaphyt View Post
                            Turban you have a pink javelin? that's really amazing : D.

Shooting round corners, with smalls if the bullet hit's a wall it disappears or bounces with large graphics sometimes it will overlap the wall giving a false sense of aiming, until you get use to it i've tried big bullets it really puts you off precision.
                            honestly, we're talking about a pretty miniscule difference in size here. i'm at work so i can't post a comparison screenshot to demonstrate just how little difference there is between regular and big bullets, but i think i might do it when i get home just to point out how ridiculous it is to try to say that big bullets can affect the "precision of your aim." not to mention, the netcode with regard to prediction is nowhere near good enough for anyone to be worried about aim at a pixel level.

p.s. you're just not that good, either. puh-lease.

this concludes my effort to stir up some shit. thank you for your time!
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

okay, here we go! here's a zoomed in shot of both sets of bullets. regular on the left, big on the right. you'll notice both sets are exactly the same dimensions, it's just that the big bullets are filled in to give them the appearance of being larger.

so what's this again about aiming precision?
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                                okay, here we go! here's a zoomed in shot of both sets of bullets. regular on the left, big on the right. you'll notice both sets are exactly the same dimensions, it's just that the big bullets are filled in to give them the appearance of being larger.

so what's this again about aiming precision?
                                what he probably meant, is that with "big bullets" the bullets overlap the graphics/tiles by a bit (1 pixel) like in this example.

:fear:

easy fix for it, though.. cut 1 pixel from each end

too bad the bullets get a bit (okay, a lot) smaller then <3
                                Last edited by Turban; 02-02-2010, 11:32 AM. Reason: because might is hawt and my terr is red

Comment

Working...
                                X