Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Public Arenas Idea

See what you all think about his idea.

Two new “Public” arenas. One would be warbirds only and the second would be javs only. They would be public type arenas in that there is no getting knocked out. You just play for record and points like in the current base public. Warbird Pub would be the TWDD map and Jav Pub would be the TWJD map.

There would be a bot. I know bot is a bad word right now but it would be simple. Its only jobs would be to give a welcome message letting people know that it is a ship specific arena and also putting people in the ship. (Example: Someone tries to get into Jav Pub with a spider it automatically puts them in a Jav.)

Here are a few reasons I think this would work.

1. I like to go into pub now and then and just fly around in my wb in space and get into duels with other people. It’s also kind of fun to get into private freq’s with some friends and just fly around together. Problem is that when we do this we are taking away spots for someone who may want to get into the pub and actually base.

2. This gives squads a good way to practice coords. You can’t really practice them right in a pub because of the incorrect map.

3. See #1. This frees up space in the basing pubs for people who want to base increasing the fun of a basing pub.

4. You can try out new techniques in a non elimination zone with your squad or friends.

5. Gives newer players a place to practice against good players without being eliminated and having to wait forever to get back into the game.

I’m sure something like this has probably came up before but it just seems like it would work. I have read a ton of posts about people trying to make the current pubs more fun. I think this is a good solution to that as well as making a couple of other fun arenas.
    Mootland Farmer> Yeah, I have bad toe fetish. Like a koala and gum leaves kinda fetish.

Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Thorkell <ZH>> Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

This is a great idea, and would totally work, except that:

Originally posted by Thorkell View Post
    Warbird Pub would be the TWDD map and Jav Pub would be the TWJD map.
    Public arenas read only one map. You can't use different maps for different pubs. Anyways, I see no reason these arenas should be public arenas, they SHOULD be subarenas (esc-a).

Good stuff though, just no pub.
    remove res cap, im tryin to pwn

Comment

Not sure if you guys know but there is a ?go javs. It used to be quite popular a while back. Now it seems pretty dead. It is exactly what thorkell wants for the javs.

As for the wbs, there was something like this in ?go elim...except it was not popular at all, and so got removed. I dont think your ideas will generate any interest frankly speaking. There arnet many wbs on these days...cant even get dds running. But with elim and wbduel running at the same time, your idea simply wont work.
      - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

while we are at it i think we should decrease players choice of action even beyond ship and freq limitations in pub and call the game "asteroids"

Comment

i want thors rockets bricks and repels in warbird

Comment

This is by far one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarius View Post
              This is a great idea, and would totally work, except that:

Public arenas read only one map. You can't use different maps for different pubs. Anyways, I see no reason these arenas should be public arenas, they SHOULD be subarenas (esc-a).

Good stuff though, just no pub.
              I agree with Aquarius,

It is a good idea, Thorkell,

if we have an arena non-elim just to train warbird skills and let new players get started in this ship, it would be really great, but not a pub arena and yes, a sub-arena.

if it works, maybe try this with the javelin ship too?
              “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
              -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
              -Bots / Systems creator
              -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

We already have wbduel, tourny, elim, javduel, javelim. We already have plenty of sub arenas for each ship.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                X