ignore.txt not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignore.txt not working

So I have a few people on my ignore.txt but I still see them talking ingame. If I type ?ignore name at that point I will get Listening: name, and when I ?ignore name again they are listed as ignored but I still see them.

What the fuck.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Yeah, someone else was complaining about that as well, unless it was you. :P

Seriously though, I have no clue. That's really weird. Does it work if you ?ignore them rather than do it via ignore.txt?'

Actually, do you use Windows 7? Try running it as Administrator and XP Compatibility mode, just to see.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 02-11-2010, 03:08 PM.
    sdg

Comment

Maybe a long shot but check the ignore.txt for spaces after the names or something ?
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Yeah ignore.txt is set up as it should be. It worked for a period but then it stopped working for no reason without me doing anything specific at all. The really weird thing is that ?ignore responds ingame as the ignore is already working, which is why I get Listening: name when I try the command. When I then try to ignore them again after unignoring them they still haven't been silenced.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

mine doesn't work as well, need to ignore some morons

Comment

i said your noodle pizza was awesome

dont ignore me !

:fear:
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

I'd rather ignore my cock than to ignore someone as sexy as you PD! <3

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                mine doesn't work as well, need to ignore some morons
                Sorry but I doubt that the game allows you to ignore yourself.

Comment

who is frightful?

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                    who is frightful?
                    The real question is: Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                      Sorry but I doubt that the game allows you to ignore yourself.
                      it does

Comment

if anyone has a solution to this please let us know!

i had like 200 names on ignore.txt and mine doesnt work now either...ive tried running as "windows xp service pack 3" compatibility or whatever..didnt solve the problem =X

Comment

Originally posted by trancE tunes View Post
                          i had like 200 names on ignore.txt and mine doesnt work now either
                          loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

just an update..i got ignore.txt working again..

heres what i did:

1) go to your continuum folder and right click on the continuum.exe file, then click the compatibility tab and check mark "run as administrator" under privilege level AT THE BOTTOM. (do this for all shortcuts of the file too if you use a shortcut on your taskbar etc)..

2) make sure ignore.txt is not named ignore.txt.txt ..my windows 7 added an extra .txt for some reason.

Comment

think the only person i ever tried to add to that file was DEA and i messed up and he still spammed me in dd's anyhow

dunno doesn't really bother me i guess

no idea how TT gets 200 ppl :P you must be a hater !
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X