Switch pure pub back to 0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch pure pub back to 0 ?

Am I alone with my wish for pure pub to be put back at the top of the pubs list? Now that the player base is at its lowest in a decade, pure pub sees less and less times where it is sufficiently populated for a halfway normal game of pure 2-team basing. More often than not it peaks at 35 for just an hour or two, and the other 22 hours in a day, us basers are forced to either play the excruciatingly rare ?go base or put up with the dullness of levi pub, where proper team play is nonexistent and random blue bombs from all directions get old in under a minute.

Do you think we should bring back the old glory days of pure 0, or does the majority of TW really prefer the guaranteed LTing at any time of the day over a proper basing game?
    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

I agree, and while we are at it..

BRING BACK SMALL WEASELS!

or wait are they still big? arg :fear:

Comment

I agree with el burzum on this matter...
      Displaced> I get pussy every day
      Displaced> I'm rich
      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
      Thors> prolly
      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I rather have pure publics for all public arenas but that will definately upset the LT'ers.
        Anyhow, because I think everybody would enjoy a nice basing public with alot of players, I agree with Burzum.
        Maverick
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
        Subspace Statistics Administrator
        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I love to LT, but I love to base even more. Would anyone else be happy with a rotating schedule? Maybe, two hours on pure, 2 hours on open?

Comment

Mav, if you're going to do that then why not make the leviathan into a useful ship that actually does something? Removing it completely from all public arenas would be a waste of code. Just change its settings.

It'd be interesting to have it move like a javelin and shoot no-bounce level 1 red bombs with no mines. And a rep. With level 2 yellow bullets, warbird style (1 bullet per shot, but requires 2 or 3 hits for kill)

Comment

why not go even further, and strip the levi of bullets, and just downgrade to a l2 bomb. increase the speed and rotation, but keep the thrust low. that and remove its' ability to mine.

Comment

fucking browser. sorry for shitting up the thread.
                Last edited by Cojafoji; 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM. Reason: i'm a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                  Mav, if you're going to do that then why not make the leviathan into a useful ship
                  Yea I would like to but I'm not the one responsible for the public settings and I don't want to get flamed by touching it if I would be responsible :P
                  Maverick
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                  Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                  Subspace Statistics Administrator
                  Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

IMHO PurePub weekends shouldn't remove leviathans, it should use an alternate shipsettings for it. Perhaps even change its graphics to the nightwasp. That would be fun.

Comment

no i agree totaly

i also agree with changing the lev settings and i've always said that

Also they have overpowered the X too , recharge while cloaked and stealthed and X radar all turned on and lets give it a brick too ?

i dunno why the importance of LT's is put so high when they just destroy basing ...

AND IF YOU ARE NEW it's not fun to be blown the shit off by an overpowered bomb everytime you venture near the base ....
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

ya a tutorial would be great
                        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

definitely put purepub back to 0. burz is oh so right on that.

don't care about levs either way, as long as i can ignore them. :]
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Not many LT's left anyway. Changing pub0 to pure and effectively killing the lev will only alienate 4-8 players, by my estimates.
                            Still a sad day in TW when the Lev is no longer accessible.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes to making pure pub 0 if there is no other choice.

But is it not technically possible to get a good basing game and still allow levs for those who want them badly enough?

Ideas which might allow levs and basing to coexist:

Dynamically lower arena population limits to force players into both arenas when not busy? Better to have 25 and 15 player arenas rather than 35 and 5.

Ship limit on levs per freq (depending on size of freq and optionally counting all private freqs as one)? Basers should be able to cope with a small number of levs.

A minimum private freq size during timed flag game? They could recruit between games to allow 3-way basing battles while preventing single players and LTs preying on battling basing freqs.

Comment

Working...
                              X